Builds My FJC to GX 470 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been awhile! No crazy updates other than a few accessories to the rack. Wanted a simple ax/ shovel
mount and this works. “Rokrax”
7C4FDA81-22F1-4095-8192-70DA16D57E45.jpeg

D722C425-3E74-4DAE-86E7-5B61C5F1B94F.jpeg

Then this happened. If you live in PA, it’s not if but when you hit a deer. I think this is at least six for us over the years.
86D4F951-F205-450D-BA3E-83B04EB90C87.jpeg

694601BF-843C-4244-8FBA-A7AA73DD4C85.jpeg

bumper upgrade has moved to the top of the list. I have it narrowed down to the ARB, Ironman or MT.
I’m a little suspect of the Ironman. Any of you have experience with them? There is a noticeable difference in price between the ARB and Ironman and I haven’t found anything definitive in searches. Just wondering if the Ironman will take the abuse like ARB will. Also worrying about rust in the NE. My ARB held up for 10yrs in our salt crazed environment.

I'm a diehard wood/steel axe guy and i don't own any fiberglass handled tools so this may not apply to your Fiskars axe, but tool steel is very prone to rusting. Just something to keep an eye on if you plan to leave that there for any length of time.
When I'm camping and it's going to be rainy, I'll coat my axe head with beeswax or coconut oil. They seem to stay a bit longer than the linseed oil.

Thanks, the setup is specifically for camping so it’s only up there when being used for a trip. The shovel stays up for longer periods but the ax is only there when needed and then removed.

So apparently I’ll be waiting awhile for the ARB Prado Deluxe Bullbar to come in. Looks like the middle of March before any will be in country and then however long the turnaround is before it ships to me.
In the meantime I came across the Nash Fabco rear door ladder. Couldn’t pass on the price and I’m glad I didn’t. Great service, very well packaged with a prompt delivery. Instructions are simple and install takes about 10 minutes. Super pleased with this purchase and the quality. Now I don’t have to step all over the doors and windows to get on the roof. It was a pain trying to get stuff down with the trailer connected because I can’t open the rear door while hooked up. This is a simple solution IMO.
29C050B1-7D1A-4D74-9F31-DA613110EC4B.jpeg
444C3692-9A5E-434F-90FE-48C471D8DF47.jpeg

Looks great!
Didn't know you couldn't open the door with the trailer, what's interfering?
A few things. I need to extend the tongue so that I can install a swivel jack up front and a lock-n-roll system.
It was too nice not to get out this weekend. Here is a pic... ideas welcome!
EEDA9C81-8F37-4157-9577-580CB1324344.jpeg

My idea is to get a bolt through that jack stand cast wheel again 🤘
The plan was to disconnect so I could swing the door open to get my bins out. About 3 cranks and I decided it would take too long... So I flipped the rear seats forward and slid everything out that way. After the pic, I threw the caster wheel in the back and waited until we got home to reattach.

The plan was to disconnect so I could swing the door open to get my bins out. About 3 cranks and I decided it would take too long... So I flipped the rear seats forward and slid everything out that way. After the pic, I threw the caster wheel in the back and waited until we got home to reattach.
Oh i see now how high that jack stands above the trailer tongue, whoa. So far my little trailers I've towed have allowed barn door to open fully. I liked towing little trailers. My GX doesn't like big loads. 4 door Polaris General on a double Axel trailer once was not fun....

Just wanted to stop in and say, AWESOME build you've got going on! Looking forward to see the bumper installed.

Made some progress with the bumper. Still need to take care of wiring, filler and some miscellaneous items but I’m really pleased with the overall fit. Always forget to take pictures while I’m adjusting as I know that would be helpful for other with this setup. Two things that I did remember is that I ended up cutting 12 3/4” from the corner of the headlight and the diagonal to the bottom of the fender was 2 3/4”. This will account for what needs to be removed to slide the bumper in place. You could probably get away with a little less but I’m going to fill that with some sort of rubber.

I started this Sunday afternoon as it was a nice day to be outside. Maybe an hour or so to strip everything down and get the subassembly loosely bolted up.
E3FB0A51-FC24-4EB5-B262-5AFE97B89EE7.jpeg

Then pulled it into the garage last night and spent another 3ish hours fitting and adjusting with the help of a pallet jack.
922FC025-02A6-44BD-8C01-83914538F9A8.jpeg

I didn’t have to trim the top of the bumper to get the hood to open and close. There was enough adjustment to avoid cutting. It was late and I was tired. I’ll get better pics when everything is finished.
I’ve read that garage door seal is a great filler for under the headlights. Anyone use anything different?

The cutting you mentioned was on the fenders themselves, yes?

I essentially ordered the Bullbar bare because I didn’t care for the halogen Fogs that come with the kit. I found, what appears to be, a good alternative that are made by STEDI. Just need some time to get the wiring sorted out and and tied to the factory foglight wiring. Also installed my old IPF driving lights. Maybe if it stops raining for a second, I’ll get everything hooked up this weekend!
854B3843-6FF0-4BA3-A135-F658AEADDF5D.jpeg
17564885-9B3A-4DF9-ABF1-94AEC490C8B4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom