My Bedliner Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bad news. Well not REAL bad, its just the truck wont be ready until tomorrow sometime so updates will be delayed.

As for the color, I chose to stay with the basic black. I didnt want to pay their upcharge of $175.00 to add the special color additive. If I decide to change the color in the future all I have to do is spray again down the road.

Thanks for all of the positve feedback and wonderful ideas!

I love MUD! Errr, I mean IH8MUD, but love this site!

In the meantime you can look at the product, Vortex, I decided to go with http://hhcoatings.com/media/vortexsmall.wmv

Last edited:
Very cool. Adding to my wish list.

I've never seen a cinder block shatter like that after a 6 foot drop but I will take their word for it on the quality of the stuff.

Just another day to wait you can do it.

I've never seen a cinder block shatter like that after a 6 foot drop but I will take their word for it on the quality of the stuff.

Just another day to wait you can do it.

Yeah the sledge hammer demo was more believeable.

Here's a pic of some similar stuff like CruiserJack used. I just used some Herculiner on mine. 3 coats. 2 coats lasted 4 years, so I'm happy. :) Finished my recoat about 2 weeks ago.
SANY0002.jpg

Curious. If one is to apply the carpet back in (say on a DD ride like mine), how long do you need to wait on the final coat before applying the carpet and seats? Is a less than a day or more?

Beno, did you put the liner on over sound deadener? If so, what do you mean by "it lasted 4 years"? Was the deadener peeling up or did you just need to renew the duraliner?

Went by the Linex shop today.. they were closed... I'm on board for anti-carpet

Beno, you're clearly someone who knows their stuff.. why'd you choose Herculiner vs any other products?? I presume Linex is a competitor of Herculiner... and did you put deadiner underneath your liner???

Last edited:
Curious. If one is to apply the carpet back in (say on a DD ride like mine), how long do you need to wait on the final coat before applying the carpet and seats? Is a less than a day or more?

I would wait quite some time before putting carpet over it. Some of the water based stuff recommends a month for it to fully dry.

Give it a month or more to let the covering fully cure before re-carpeting. It will be dry to the touch in 24-48 hours but the carpet will lock moisture in and won't let it fully dry.

Beno, did you put the liner on over sound deadener? If so, what do you mean by "it lasted 4 years"? Was the deadener peeling up or did you just need to renew the duraliner?

Sorry, should have been clearer.

I originally bedlined the rig 4 years ago with no sound deadner. Lasted pretty good under harsh use conditions.

Redid it again, this time added sound deadner (Peel and Seal--asphalt stuff) and then painted over the top of it. We'll see how it long it lasts this time. The truck definitely sounds "less"

:lol:

Sorry, should have been clearer.

I originally bedlined the rig 4 years ago with no sound deadner. Lasted pretty good under harsh use conditions.

Redid it again, this time added sound deadner (Peel and Seal--asphalt stuff) and then painted over the top of it. We'll see how it long it lasts this time. The truck definitely sounds "less"

:lol:

Beno, did you cover the entire area with deadner (seam to seam) or did you place it here and there? Just curious how you feel the liner stuck to it.

Beno, did you cover the entire area with deadner (seam to seam) or did you place it here and there? Just curious how you feel the liner stuck to it.

From the front of the fuel pump hole all the way to the firewall. It stuck pretty well, though I did go over it a few times to make sure it stuck.

In other places, mainly inside body panels, I also added some deadner and painted over some, and didn't over some other parts.

The first coat stuck ok and tended to slide down inclines. The second coat went on much better and the third sealed the deal for the thickness I wanted.

Sorry Beno, one more question-Did you somehow strip the old bedliner first, or did you apply peel-and-seal over the old bedliner? Thanks, Ken

Give it a month or more to let the covering fully cure before re-carpeting. It will be dry to the touch in 24-48 hours but the carpet will lock moisture in and won't let it fully dry.

I would wait quite some time before putting carpet over it. Some of the water based stuff recommends a month for it to fully dry.

:eek: What does that equate to in Texas Summer days?

Well if its a full month, I will have to plan to see if I can do that yet. But adding sound deadener this week.

:eek: What does that equate to in Texas Summer days?

About 45 minutes :grinpimp:

You can probably cut the time shorter by leaving the windows down during the day and let it "bake" in the sun but I couldn't begin to guesstimate. I just go with the general month to play it safe.

Sorry Beno, one more question-Did you somehow strip the old bedliner first, or did you apply peel-and-seal over the old bedliner? Thanks, Ken

Peeled most of the old bedliner in most places that I was going to stick the deadner. Cleaned the metal, took a sander to it, and then the deadner went over the top. Then the liner.

subscribed

I'm interested to see how this turns out. My friend is currently doing this to his mini-truck. He wanted to do line-x originally, but it was so expensive, he decided just to use hurculiner as beno did. Good to see it held up so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom