My answer to the 80 series weak link - all toyota HD front axle (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why? Why is it "the best part about this thread" and why about something that's there's already solutions for? LOL! Who you been chatting with? LOL. Christo has a solution, has had a solution and turns out it is cheaper. But I'm NOT paying $800+ for either.
We've got folks using RHD arms and chevy linkages on a 3-linked front with ZERO i'll effects and not running hi-steer. They haven't posted up talking about busted knuckles.

x2 wheel the piss outta mine and i have the same set up...rhd, 1ton steering hydro assist....stock knuckle studs and no broken knuckles (knock on wood)

x2 wheel the piss outta mine and i have the same set up...rhd, 1ton steering hydro assist....stock knuckle studs and no broken knuckles (knock on wood)

I understand the relay bar is 2" lower in this position. But I wouldn't even pay $400/1" for a penile implant.

Fact of the matter is that every 80 owner rely's on the bottom 8 bolts of the knuckles, and it's just not a problem. They come loose, but so do the hub studs and the dif nuts. It's just something you regualrly check.

I understand the relay bar is 2" lower in this position. But I wouldn't even pay $400/1" for a penile implant.

Fact of the matter is that every 80 owner rely's on the bottom 8 bolts of the knuckles, and it's just not a problem. They come loose, but so do the hub studs and the dif nuts. It's just something you regualrly check.

highsteer isnt on my to do list right now because i dont need it, if you pick good lines and have a good spotter then you shouldnt hit your tie rod, i havent hit mine yet, i probably will but then i'll just upgrade the strength for another 50$ a whoile lot cheaper than a $800+ high steer set up..

Why? Why is it "the best part about this thread" and why about something that's there's already solutions for? LOL! Who you been chatting with? LOL. Christo has a solution, has had a solution and turns out it is cheaper. But I'm NOT paying $800+ for either.
We've got folks using RHD arms and chevy linkages on a 3-linked front with ZERO i'll effects and not running hi-steer. They haven't posted up talking about busted knuckles.

IMO, the concept of running 80 series knuckle balls with a 9.5" diff is awesome and running high steer is more desirable for guys installing these axles under something other than an 80 to get a good relay rod angle. The custom knuckles, in my mind, are akin to TG's 6 shooter knuckles for 40/60/mini knuckle balls. I'm glad that there's more support for the larger birf and brake setup.

I've seen pictures of blown up 80 knuckles just like I've seen pictures of blown up 60 knuckles. Stronger parts are always a good thing.

I can appreciate the amount of craftsmanship that goes into fabricating your own 80 series axle housing with the 9.5" diff, which how this thread started. Taking this concept a step further, running 80 series knuckles is a great way for someone who already has a 9.5" diff up front to upgrade their front brakes and get a larger birf all in one shot.

I've seen pictures of blown up 80 knuckles just like I've seen pictures of blown up 60 knuckles.

I've seen pics of chicks with d1cks. But they are so rare that I doubt I'll ever encounter one.
If I ever blow up or break an 80 knuckle, I'll let anyone tell me "I told you so". But until then, the couple of pics of modified then broken 80 knuckles don't convince me.

The weather has been brutal! So what little time I've had I can't even go and tinker on this thing. Well, now I gotta get it ready to a point:

So I work inside!

61DDB3B0-orig.jpg

I don't think I've posted up a pic with the knuckles on both sides yet. This is all buttoned up with new studs and flat head grade 10 bolts up front:

8F2BF4C2-orig.jpg

I gotta get some better close-up pics before it gets paleted and shipped to California. Wait what?....

California?

Your 2000th post!

Crap, it's gone now.

So... I've got a lot going on my plate right now. potentially moving more north a little and a new job. When I take a new job I submerse myself in it until I can safely perform proactive tasks and projects as opposed to reactive and daily fireman tasks (I'm an IT/Sys Admin). I have also created a side-bidness to fund my hobby, which is offroading. And the business will actually be in offroading, kind of a tax write-off business, but it will be fun. Anyway, getting that site and business model and actual product ready is taking ALOT of time.
This axle project has taken a big backseat in all that. But, someone that this thread knows.... has all the pieces needed that I actually do not have: RHD steering arm, 1-ton steering linkages, 3-link, chromo shafts/birfs.... so we're combining it all to complete the axle. I'll let him out himself.

Crap, it's gone now.

So... I've got a lot going on my plate right now. potentially moving more north a little and a new job. When I take a new job I submerse myself in it until I can safely perform proactive tasks and projects as opposed to reactive and daily fireman tasks (I'm an IT/Sys Admin). I have also created a side-bidness to fund my hobby, which is offroading. And the business will actually be in offroading, kind of a tax write-off business, but it will be fun. Anyway, getting that site and business model and actual product ready is taking ALOT of time.
This axle project has taken a big backseat in all that. But, someone that this thread knows.... has all the pieces needed that I actually do not have: RHD steering arm, 1-ton steering linkages, 3-link, chromo shafts/birfs.... so we're combining it all to complete the axle. I'll let him out himself.

ME ME ME ME!:grinpimp:

So I work inside!

61DDB3B0-orig.jpg

Are you single right ? and live alone .. with no chicks around your place ( with rights like a couple of month GF used to take ) ?

Coz that it's just in my imagination .. axle in house living .. :D ( yes I'm married :eek: )

When I take a new job I submerse myself in it until I can safely perform proactive tasks and projects as opposed to reactive and daily fireman tasks (I'm an IT/Sys Admin).

I know what exactly means ( I do the same thing to pay bills ) it sometimes can take a while ..

Are you single right ? and live alone .. with no chicks around your place ( with rights like a couple of month GF used to take ) ?

Coz that it's just in my imagination .. axle in house living .. :D ( yes I'm married :eek: )

I tried getting married once. Tried living with a couple of GF's before that... i prefer the axle on the coffee table.

Not sure if you caught my "art" in the back ground... but that's broken parts. A R&P and below it is a broken birfield.

I tried getting married once. Tried living with a couple of GF's before that... i prefer the axle on the coffee table.

I know I know .. I'm about to prefer that too .. :D

Not sure if you caught my "art" in the back ground... but that's broken parts. A R&P and below it is a broken birfield.

I did .. have a couple of broken axles to do something like ..

hijack over !

take good care of it.... I'll build another someday...

A7044FF2-orig.jpg

Sure is a heavy bastard so far and it ain't even a complete axle... missing, birfs, shafts, hubs, spindle, calipers, discs... (pallet weighs 40lbs)

2C9EE69C-orig.jpg

Ships Monday freight

Sucks. I was hoping you would complete this.

Sucks. I was hoping you would complete this.

I've Either got the parts or access to parts for another one just like it to round up in the next few weeks. Too many others things going on right now.

Last edited:
it will be finished and under my truck within a month i'll take plenty of picures along the way!!

js93cruiser said:
it will be finished and under my truck within a month i'll take plenty of picures along the way!!

Sweet! Are you going to start another thread or just keep it here.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom