Builds My '78 FJ40 "44" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That area is loaded with jackalopes. The jackalopes there are usually much bigger that ones to be found elsewhere also. Only problem is that they are very shy, and consequently very hard to find. If you find one get a picture very quickly as they will disappear very fast.

Don

That area is loaded with jackalopes. The jackalopes there are usually much bigger that ones to be found elsewhere also. Only problem is that they are very shy, and consequently very hard to find. If you find one get a picture very quickly as they will disappear very fast.

Don

I've never seen a jackalope.
I do so hope to see one.

But, I can say without much hope.
I'd rather see, than race one!

Las Vegas has more snow then Seattle.... that's just awesome (or not). I don't get this jackalope stuff, everyone knows that eastern Montana and S. Dakota are rife with them. You have the folks that got kicked out because they were too small.

This article attests to "multiple sittings" in Nevada.

Wildlife Profile / The Jackalope | Nevada Trivia

What SBG is saying, #1 never believe what the government says, and #2 never believe what the media says.

Don

Did Danny get kidnapped by a pack of rabid Jackalopes?

Did Danny get kidnapped by a pack of rabid Jackalopes?

Nah, I've been out punching cattle.

image.jpeg

Actually, I've been busily replacing weatherstripping (from @Racer65 - perfect fit, but a challenging installation for an impatient old fart, with arthritic hands) and brass bushings (from @SouthBostonFJ40 ).

I've had both for some time and finally got tired of the rattles and the dust.

All done... Now organizing and loading 44.. DaBoise and I are leaving in the morning, for a few nights of stargazing and days of hiking and driving.

I bought a new semiautomatic M&P that's touted to feel (trigger pull and weight, but less kick) exactly like my .40C.

image.jpeg

It's a CO2 BB gun.

I have a metal spinning target for my M&P .22, so I can target shoot without bothering Gunner, with the noise.

We have no specific destination in mind, just heading north, up US93 and offroad somewhere different.

Those Jackalopes love hunting snipe.
I'm pretty sure that's what they are bred for.
Thanks for the great pics usual Danny!

what do you use for a camp stove? (or do you)

Excellent question!!

I have a 2-burner propane stove and 1lb propane bottles.... I carry them outside, in my Trasheroo.

Next question... Where do I put my trash? I throw it out the window. :eek: No, the stove moves inside, as the trash grows.

I also have a tiny single burner stove, with a primus/butane can, that I carry in my backpack.

I know that's right! I'm just pullin his chain, never can be to prepared.

My gawd Danny, y'all ever coming back?

Hope so, but you never know.

I got sick (pleurisy) one time, at 10k' in Colorado and spent half a day at an ER about 3 hours from camp. Afterwards, Dianna said, "Shouldn't we go home (to Texas)?". I said, "I'd rather die here than in Texas!".

Same applies here... I love the emptiness of The Big Empty!

Btw, the day after my ER visit, Dianna broke her wrist and I took her to the same ER (same Dr, same nurse). They set her wrist and told her to go home to Texas and see an orthopedist. She refused and we stayed 8 more days. When we got home, I took her to my orthopedist and they hadn't set her wrist correctly. $34k (insurance paid) surgery and titanium rod and she was good as new.

Excellent question!!

I have a 2-burner propane stove and 1lb propane bottles.... I carry them outside, in my Trasheroo.

Next question... Where do I put my trash? I throw it out the window. :eek: No, the stove moves inside, as the trash grows.

I also have a tiny single burner stove, with a primus/butane can, that I carry in my backpack.

I have a tiny stove too for when I need to really get away - but I'm building an overland Suburban with refrigeration, a water tank, stove, etc (think "the Wanderers") so it will have something propane powered. I've thought about repurposing an RV stove - but honestly, I think in my 50 or so years, I've actually used a rv oven once....

When the zombie apocalypse hits, just hope that was the day you were with Danny and daboise in 44 out in the wilderness...

Mark (@65swb45) and I found a place to stash supplies. I've fashioned a 2-dog travois to drag stuff up there, but I'm not sure they can get up that grade with my futon o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom