Builds My '78 FJ40 "44" (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Takes me back reading this. I had forgotten until now having to put the antibiotic salve on my labrador after a neighbor's German Shepard poked a very similar-looking hole in my dog's forehead.

One more way to bond with man's best friend.

I still don't get how a pit bull can be anyone's best friend.

I had a pit/mastiff mix. He was the best dog I ever owned. Dogs depend on good training and an owner that isn't an adze. Fail on either or both and the best tempered dogs are hellions.

We train K9 trailing dogs and my opinion on the worst dogs is German Shepherds. By far and away the easiest to screw up the training and the most likely to be unstable. Too much breeding and inbreeding to create a stable breed. And just one story to illustrate. We have some family friends whose baby-sitter was deaf. She had a trained German Shepherd hearing dog - that killed a 9 month old child out of jealousy. Took a huge bite out of the kid's skull.

Takes me back reading this. I had forgotten until now having to put the antibiotic salve on my labrador after a neighbor's German Shepard poked a very similar-looking hole in my dog's forehead.

One more way to bond with man's best friend.

I still don't get how a pit bull can be anyone's best friend.

I have known good pitbulls and known of bad... The common denominator has always been the owners and how well they understand their animals strengths and weaknesses... As well as the quality (or lack thereof) of their parenting skills.

Having pets is similar to having children... There are good parents and bad parents... Just as there are good and bad children... Just as there are good and bad pets...

The situation today involved two pitbulls that belong to a renter (from CA), she's lived there about a year. Recently, her sister (Michelle, from CA) moved in, with her three kids.

Two days ago was the first and only time I had seen either dog running loose... It was the white (leader and more aggressive) dog.

Michelle says her sister (renter) didn't latch the door.

Today, it was Michelle's son who accidentally let them out.

So, the renter has two aggressive dogs, one is especially vicious... And a house full of people who are not all used to paying strict attention to ensuring the dogs don't get loose.

Regardless, this particular pair now have history (if they didn't before)... The don't belong in a residential neighborhood.

We'll see...

The dog that bites the most - Great Danes. The 2nd? Collies - yeah, Lassie is worse then Pits. I defend dogs and their owners in bite cases - good owners have good dogs.

I made the mistake if running from a Great Dane, when I was about 8... I didn't realize my mistake (never run from an aggressive dog), but I quickly realized I couldn't out run it... So, I stopped, turned and hit it in the nose, with everything I had... It yelped and ran off.

Being a 'Dog Puncher' doesn't always help.

Danny, wow so sorry to hear about Gunner, I hope he recovers real soon! Love the daBoise!

I'm very sorry to hear about Gunner being attacked Danny.. You and he as best mates will now be able to share your recuperation exercises and watch over each other's recovery.:D

Amongst our recent spate of bad events over here we have good news at last. -I'm finally a granddad..(About time!)

Kade - Born in Melbourne yesterday our time (or today in your time)

Kade02.jpg

Thought it would never happen!!

The lostmarbles lineage will live on .

:beer:

I'm very sorry to hear about Gunner being attacked Danny.. You and he as best mates will now be able to share your recuperation exercises and watch over each other's recovery.:D

Amongst our recent spate of bad events over here we have good news at last. -I'm finally a granddad..(About time!)

Kade - Born in Melbourne yesterday our time (or today in your time)

View attachment 1329203

Thought it would never happen!!

The lostmarbles lineage will live on .

Tom, congrats grandpa!! Beautiful baby!!

That's crash hot, Tom! @lostmarbles

You must be a right box of budgies!!

He looks to be giving the nurses a rark up!!

... And looks exactly like you did when you first started driving that bus, cuz!!

Hope you can get your head in the door!!

Get that boy a nappy, a jersey and a Vegamite sandwich and start planning to build out a BJ40 with him in a few years, for that trip over the Gunbarrel!!

I'm proud for you, old mate... And Nanna must be beside herself!!

I take it his Mama is doing fine as well!!

Keep those pictures coming!!

Cheers!!

That's crash hot, Tom! @lostmarbles

You must be a right box of budgies!!

He looks to be giving the nurses a rark up!!

... And looks exactly like you did when you first started driving that bus, cuz!!

Hope you can get your head in the door!!

Get that boy a nappy, a jersey and a Vegamite sandwich and start planning to build out a BJ40 with him in a few years, for that trip over the Gunbarrel!!

I'm proud for you, old mate... And Nanna must be beside herself!!

I take it his Mama is doing fine as well!!

Keep those pictures coming!!

Cheers!!
Sorry to hear about Gunner. Goldens are the best. I never have understood why anyone would want a "mean" dog. If you are that scared get a gun and learn how to use it.

Sorry to hear about Gunner. Goldens are the best. I never have understood why anyone would want a "mean" dog. If you are that scared get a gun and learn how to use it.

Thanks!

Gunner's doing better than the vet expected... He's not limping at all and doesn't appear to be in pain... But, he's taking a lot of drugs right now... Perhaps they are disguising the pain.

Regardless, he's doing well and I'm quite happy with that!!

There's a 160 lb English Bulldog/Pit Bull mix, about a block in the other direction... Very aggressive... Even the owner is intimidated by him... I don't understand why they even have him...

But, if all mean dog owners replace their dogs with guns, it could get pretty scary around here...

People need to understand that they are legally and financially responsible for the actions of their kids and their dogs.

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday... I now walk Chester in whatever direction keeps me between him and houses with large dogs. If we are attacked again, my axe handle will rain hell down on the aggressors... If they don't back off, I have a large cannister of bear spray... If we're gonna hurt, they are as well.

It's either that, or I carry my Remington Express 870, my AR on a sling, my .44mag in a chest rig, my .40C on my hip, my .40 Shield in an ankle holster and my machete in a cross draw position, at my waist.... Of course, my fully armed Predator drone would also be hovering overhead. :rolleyes:

But, that just makes walking my dog uncomfortable... Trying to separate mauling dogs, from my friends, is impossible with guns... I'd like to just hit them, as they first attack, with a burst of hairspray and a zippo lighter... :hmm:

I was always successful in preventing attacks with my axe handle in the past... Just never had to use it in da 'hood... Until now... Usually, I just slam the butt down on the pavement/concrete and they run off... Prior to yesterday, I had to swing at a couple of dogs. They backed off and trailed us for a bit.

The two yesterday, would not have backed off... I wish I had had my bearspray with me... I would have loved to spray it right in the biting dog's mouth. :cool:

I have wanted to spray someone with bear spray for a while.

I had a car full of "thugs" pull up next to me and my wife in Colorado Springs once, they obviously were up to no good, trying to bait me into trouble. I had just gotten back from Glacier National Park, still had the big can of bear spray in the Jeep, I was ready to discharge when the light changed.

Missed opportunities.

I have wanted to spray someone with bear spray for a while.

I had a car full of "thugs" pull up next to me and my wife in Colorado Springs once, they obviously were up to no good, trying to bait me into trouble. I had just gotten back from Glacier National Park, still had the big can of bear spray in the Jeep, I was ready to discharge when the light changed.

Missed opportunities.

Missed opportunities...

But, always a winner when you can come out unscathed!!

crash hot...right box of budgies!!..... rark up!!....cuz!! nappy, a jersey and a Vegamite sandwich And Nanna must be beside herself!!
I take it his Mama is doing fine as well!!...

Good on ya mate for learning our down-under lingo! But sadly I've had to take points off for misspelling "Vegemite" (so you haven't quite got your O-levels yet).

I haven't seen much of Sandy over this last week and since you jolted my memory (that I'm married and have a lovely wife), I just gave her a buzz a few minutes ago and she's about two hours away on State Highway 1 heading home. (Just passed through the town of Bulls.)

So I guess I'd better rush around and clean up fast..

I must say it's about time she returned - I've just run out of pre-cooked meals in the fridge and tonight I must resort to baked beans on toast for tea!!!

Yip... I'm pleased to report that both Kade (the baby) and Mum (Hannah) are doing fine...

Never get too close to a moose...

If looks could kill...

oh but he loves me - I've never, ever had such an attached dog. My yellow lab loved me, but that was, of course labradoration - and as someone else aptly described their lab as "everyone's dog" she was a bit of a trollop. Buick is my dog, he needs one point of contact at all times - which can get bothersome when you're walking. Fortunately, the noises I make in the shop have him convinced to say as close as he dares (about 50 feet) so I get work done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom