Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Mike, pleased to hear everything went well and you are the road to recovery

Hello fellow Mud mates! I apologize for being off line for so long. I really appreciate your prayers and words of well wishes. I returned to work on 15 January and have been playing catch up after a 6 week absence. I'm not running at 100% yet, but I'm getting there. BTW as a lovely departing gift from the hospital I received a lovely case of frozen shoulder (left side). So I'm currently working through 8 weeks of PT. Yay!

I have not worked on Sampson until today. But I have been ordering and receiving a number of parts. So I will catch you guys up on what has been happening in the garage for the last couple of months .

Last edited:
While I was still in the hospital a friend retrieved these beauties from the bus depot for me. It's kind of hard to make out in the picture but that's a pair of @Racer65 new front fenders. One is to replace the left front I damaged in November. The other is a spare.

IMG_1907.JPG

On January 20th my iKamper RTT arrived. My fabricator is working on the bed rack to mount the tent on. Next week I drop the truck off for test fitting.

IMG_1926.JPG
IMG_1927.JPG

I ordered a reproduction tool roll and some tools to fill it with. I know a tool roll is not correct for Sampson. But it will have to do until I can lay my hands on the correct zippered bag.

I also found a carpet kit to fit a 45 from JT Outfitters. I installed it today. I'm not extremely pleased with the fit but it seems to be the only option in the US. It will be fine. Now I'm searching for some rubber mats to protect the carpet. ;)

Sorry about the crappy install pictures, it was dark in the garage.

IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1934.JPG
IMG_1936.JPG

I also found a carpet kit to fit a 45 from JT Outfitters. I installed it today. I'm not extremely pleased with the fit but it seems to be the only option in the US. It will be fine. Now I'm searching for some rubber mats to protect the carpet. ;)

Sorry about the crappy install pictures, it was dark in the garage.

View attachment 1625634 View attachment 1625635 View attachment 1625636
the third photo....that looks like a shifter for a H55F 5 speed. Is it? Does you rig have a 40 or 60 series top cover on the H55F?

@tstepp920

I do have a 60 series H55F in my truck. I also have modified a 79' and later seat to fit my 78' cab.

I finally opened my iKamper box.

IMG_1937.JPG
IMG_1938.JPG

Now it's loaded and ready for a test fit. Notice the headache rack has been removed for the bed rack system installation.

IMG_1939.JPG

Mike, do you think your fabricator could make more of the adaptors to use with the stock heaters? Contact info?
Thanks in advance.

Yes. He has a supply of them on the shelf. His name is John and his number is 256-812-3106.

Do you plan to bring this out to Mardi Krawl this year? I'd like to check it out in person, if so!

- Brian

Welcome back Michael! Carpet looks good!

I'm planning on it Brian. I'm looking forward to seeing your 60 as well.

Thanks Dan!

That carpet makes a huge difference in the noise level inside the cab!

I'm dealing with frozen shoulder right now too, I can truly say I feel your pain, started physio and massage in December and I am finally seeing the light. I had to tell my massage therapist my safe word......lotta pain.

Roger that! @73fj After 4 weeks of PT my shoulder is tighter and I have lost some range of motion from when I started. I go back to the ortho next Wednesday. I'm not looking forward to what his next step might be.

Good luck with your rehab!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom