Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You too brother, I also got worse after my initial physio, then my wife got me into an excellent massage therapist and that has made the difference, she just keeps uncovering layer after layer of issues all related to my shoulder, painful but making progress.

I'm glad your recovery is progressing. I had this about a decade ago in my other shoulder and it didn't hurt as bad or take as long to recover.

Old age is not for the weak!

Thanks bud! I'm anxious to get my RTT mounted. Our club has a small overland trip planned for March I hope to participate in.

BTW I would enjoy seeing more of your work on the old Willys. What are your plans for it!

I have a thread on Pirate, havent updated in a while tho, did you see my link? My plan is to put the body, once finished, onto a 2002 Chevy truck that I got for nothing, its a 2 wheel drive but I will hang a Dana 60 axle that I have, re use the 6.0l, keep the full floater rear with discs, probably have to modify the frame, but I think I can handle that. Havent decided yet on the trans, I have a SM 465 with a 208, but I may go auto.........37" ish tires and wheel the hell out of it. Told my dad we'll be the only ones on the boat launch with a Willys wagon.

Chris I just finished looking at your build thread on Pirate. Man that Willys is going to be awesome! Have you had time to work on it recently?

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Alas I have not done anything on it for quite a while, I broke my ankle at work in November and found out last week it is not healing so now the word surgery is being tossed around. I will get back to it after I'm healed and back to work, count on that one.

I hate to hear about your ankle. I hope it will heal without surgery. My mom had an ankle crushed in an automobile accident. For a little while they were talking about amputation but fortunately surgery was able to help her. She still has trouble with it though. I wish they had given her an artificial joint instead of repairing it.

I picked up my new fender from the body shop yesterday. Wonderful work as usual. I also stopped by the fab shop to check on the bed rack progress. It's going slower than expected due to heavy work load and personnel shortages. But progress was made.

IMG_1945.JPG
IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1948.JPG

I ordered a reproduction tool roll and some tools to fill it with. I know a tool roll is not correct for Sampson. But it will have to do until I can lay my hands on the correct zippered bag.
Where did you find the reproduction tool roll? That would be candy for my project. Saw a zippered one on ebay a short while ago.

@HelloKitty65 I bought one from @wscbill when he made them. I'm not sure if he has anymore. I actually should have the zippered bag but have given up on finding a good used one.

@HelloKitty65 I bought one from @wscbill when he made them. I'm not sure if he has anymore. I actually should have the zippered bag but have given up on finding a good used one.
Thanks for the lead. The one I saw didn't look old.

Thanks Bill! I apologize for my declining memory.

@HelloKitty65 there is a company in Europe remaking the zippered bags but they don't use the correct material and it costs more to ship it than to purchase the bag.

Damn you Jeeves! I'm late for my Tee off time!

It almost looks like Christmas on the tailgate of the 68’!

D0F40669-E771-47E0-BEF0-436E75A12BA6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom