Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

love this truck but more importantly the workmanship. mighty impressive. i hope you get a lot of joy out of it and, i'm sure you will.

Thanks @Indestructible 47 ! I do enjoy driving it every time I get behind the wheel!!!!

Been watching from the shadows Michael! Glad you're done! How many smiles per gallon? :D

Not completely finished yet Dan. It has another trip to the body shop for touch up and a trip to the upholstery shop and I still need to plumb the snorkel. But I'm still driving it to work! I think I'm getting right at 200 smiles per gallon. It also seems to be causing some minor traffic issues in the parking lot. :steer:

:D

x2 for more vids please!

Hey Mike what color and brand paint did you use on the bezel or is that the powder coated one from city racer?

I see you went from the round to square type bezel

Hi Dan,
We will see about more videos. The bezel is from City Racer but I had it painted Cygnus white to match the roof panel. I'm not certain of the paint brand. I do know it is a single stage polyurethane product.

I had to change the bezel when I installed the 79' bib to allow the AC condenser to fit between the grill and radiator.

Thanks Mike!

With all of the big pieces assembled I'm down to the smaller pieces/fine details. It is also slower in progress. But I have made some more progress.

I struggled with weather or not to install these reflectors. I just didn't want to drill holes in the fresh paint. But now that the deed is done I'm glad they are on.

I also had a challenge with the battery hold down. With new stock Toyota tray and hold down bracket my Optima blue top was too tall for the original parts. The rods were too short to reach through the hold down bracket. So I improvised with some minor engineering. I took stand off nuts and drilled/tapped them to get the extra reach needed. Then ran a bolt, washer and lock washer in from the top. All safe and secure!

I also got around to applying the label Roma gifted me with awhile ago.

IMG_1770.JPG
IMG_1771.JPG
IMG_1772.JPG
IMG_1773.JPG

G'day to you as well mate! Thank you for the compliment. That is high praise indeed from one who's work I admire greatly!! Yes the cut and buff made a significant difference in the overall shine of the paint job.

I am eagerly waiting on the finished project you are working on. It's going to be fantastic!!

Well after 3 anxious weeks of waiting I finally got my rig back from the upholstery shop. But it was worth the wait!

I was surprised at how much brighter the inside of the cab is with the headliner installed. But I was shocked by the acoustic effect it has made. When I first started the truck it sounded so different I was trying to figure out what was wrong.

I had asked the trim shop to make a skirt to drape over the passenger seat frame to cover my modification marks. But the box they designed and built is beyond my greatest expectations!

I can't thank the guys at Rod's Customs in Huntsville enough!! A tremendous job at a very reasonable price!

IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

Looking good Michael! Upholstery is the best part! That and paint! How's the 12H-T going?

Thanks Dan! It's still pulling strong!! I need to adjust the valves and turn the idle back a touch.

How is everything with you? Have you started shooting yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom