Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks @tlaporte and @76 FJ40 - all wrapped and now cutting a trailer.

I didn't know 12H-T valves were adjustable. Everyday's a school day!

I look forward to the finished product Dan!

Even though it is a solid lifter motor the clearance between the rocker arm and push rod has to adjusted after the break in period.

@cult45

Well there ya go..

Thanks mate! You're too kind. I'm enjoying your thread as well. Keep up the good work!!

With your chev wheels does it rub at full lock at all? or did you go with a small spacer. Got a buddy wanting the same setup for his 45

Brett no rub at full lock. I also ran GM Ralley rims on my 76' 40 with no issues. Both rigs were running 33-12.50's.

I stopped by a local airport for a photo opp with my favorite truck and my favorite WWII bomber. The bomber is a B17.

IMG_1783.JPG
IMG_1784.JPG
IMG_1785.JPG
IMG_1786.JPG

Then I was photo bombed by a 1932 Oldsmobile. What a day!

IMG_1787.JPG
IMG_1799.JPG
IMG_1800.JPG

Any pics on how you hooked up the snorkel to the air intake? thx

It's not hooked up yet mate! I'm still searching for the air filter box. But there will be pictures when that job is finished.

A piece of American iron photo bombed by a treasonous Japanese pickup truck and then reclaimed by another piece of American iron! The irony!

So we took a Sunday afternoon ride through the country side. It was a beautiful fall day and Sampson needed to stretch his legs a little. We managed to log another 85 miles or so finally tripping the odometer passed the 1k mark.

Our first stop was at the base of Grant man at the old Trading Post.

IMG_1812.JPG
IMG_1813.JPG
IMG_1814.JPG

Our second stop was on top of Grant mtn at a scenic overlook. I believe that is Kennemere cove in the distance.

IMG_1815.JPG
IMG_1816.JPG
IMG_1817.JPG
IMG_1818.JPG
IMG_1820.JPG

All in all this little shake down run was a success. I think we're ready to venture out of town a little now.

I believe I have forgotten to mention that I had Sampson appraised a few weeks ago for insurance purposes. It was interesting........

IMG_1801.JPG

Ahmmmmm.. wow! I'm shocked that a 45 could go for that! Nice one!

Dan you have consider the scarcity of this rig and the parts incorporated in the build here in the states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom