Muffler shops near Buda/Kyle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KennyBob

Anybody can pray for rain, get to diggin’ a well
SILVER Star
Threads
I’m having trouble locating a good, old fashioned muffler shop near me that can replace the exhaust on my FJ40. I’ve tried my typical google/google maps searches and all I can find is mechanic shops that just want an “kit” to bolt up. Anyone know of a place?

I’m having trouble locating a good, old fashioned muffler shop near me that can replace the exhaust on my FJ40. I’ve tried my typical google/google maps searches and all I can find is mechanic shops that just want an “kit” to bolt up. Anyone know of a place?
Kenny, I’ve used these guys in the past. For standard work they are more than capable

Oh I know that place! Never used them but have definitely driven past countless times. Thank you sir! That’ll be a good road test for the 40 before roundup.

If you want to make the trip to Austin, Earl at B&B Muffler on South Lamar has done a bunch of exhaust work for me in the past, and he did the whole thing on my '72 last year.

If you want to make the trip to Austin, Earl at B&B Muffler on South Lamar has done a bunch of exhaust work for me in the past, and he did the whole thing on my '72 last year.
Possibly. I like the San Marcos option as I can take the backroad all the way down in case things go sideways.

This reminds me though. What does something like that cost these days?

From the SBC header all the way back, including a resonator and muffler, was $989. Half parts, half labor.

Ok cool, thanks. I may buy a universal kit and learn to weld it up. All I really NEED is the tail pipe and a foot long section before the muffler.

Kenny, I have used Robert’s muffler outside San Marcos on my old truck, my 60 and work van. Old school guy, good rates but only opens Thursday-Saturday I believe. He used to work for Leonard’s Garage & Muffler shop in S. Austin. He used to be ‘cash only’ but I think that may have changed

anyone y'all recommend near Brenham?
think its time to install a new exhaust system from headers/cats/muffler but i'm not rich tired of these f7cking below efficiency codes :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom