Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah man, that's mint!!

G'day All, School holidays are over and a new term is underway, so I'm back into Mario. I took my injectors, fuel lines and fuel pump down to my local diesel injection service centre. They tested the injectors and verdict was, they were rooted - pressure issues and dodgy spray patterns, so I had them rebuilt. I had a new diagram put in the fuel pump and I had the fuel lines flushed out with a cleaning solution. BANG $720 later. I got me some sweet looking injectors with sexy red plastic cap things.

IMG_6881.JPG

So tonight after the kids stopped fighting to the death (a truce was called) I headed to the shed.

The injectors came with a little packet of seats. My diesel bloke said that if you thread the seats onto a screw driver and then insert the screw driver into the injector port the 'seats' should slide into place. This worked pretty well. I then screwed in the injectors and torqued to spec.

Cheers,

Ben

P.S Fighting is planned to resume tomorrow morning. The older two (10 and 8) are conspiring to dispatch the 6 year old. Unfortunately, for them the 6 year old is a cunning, red headed kid, who doesn't feel pain. My money is on the 6 year old at this point.

IMG_6887.JPG

IMG_6894.JPG

IMG_6884.JPG

IMG_6890.JPG

Glad I'm not the only one, my 8 and 10 year old are always at it, I had a ton of patience until having kids. (Garage Therapy) sure helps I reckon! On with the great build mate!

I got down to the shed tonight and bolted on the fuel pump and the re-attached the timing cover. There are some match marks and timing marks on the fuel pump that have to line up with the end of the crank shaft and the cam shaft. It looked pretty much the same as the photo from the manual.

IMG_6923.JPG

IMG_6916.JPG

Last edited:
G'day Diesel Legends and Other Knowledgeable blokes, I have a question?

When I picked up my rebuilt injectors they came with a seat kit to suit the 'H' and '2H' diesel. Included in the seat kit were six aluminium washers. I do not recall seeing these washers when I removed the injectors and they are not shown in the 'Toyota 2H Engine Repair Manual'. I assumed these washers were for the earlier 'H' model. Can anyone please clarify if this is the situation? I posted a question in the Diesel Section and got a 'Yes' you use them. I want to double check?

Cheers, Ben

IMG_6891.JPG

Oh mannn, this looks so good!!! Can't help with the washers mate, did you ask on Facey? [sacrilege I know, but Sam Hill runs his own diesel fitting service and there are many others]. Ask on the 40, 60 and 70 page mate and collate your data.

Hey Guys, Well, I got a confirmation that you do install in the aluminium washers that came in the 'seat' set with my injectors. Like a good jounalist, I confirmed this from more than one source. The first source was the IH8 Diesel section. The second source was my local diesel injection service bloke. They are called 'leak off' washers and go between the injector and the fuel return line. My diesel man said in 99% of case these washers remain stuck to the top of the injector and this is the reason I didn't recall seeing them. Anyway, I pulled off the fuel lines and stuck'em in. Cheers, Ben

IMG_6948.JPG

Last edited:
Glow Plugs. I went down to my local auto parts place during the week to pick up a set of new glow plugs. I had an idea of how much they would cost, about $150 for the six ($25 each). I was stunned when they tried to charge me $273, for NSK ones. After picking myself of the floor, I said what's the go? He said the NSK ones are made in Japan and are much better quality than the Bosch unit, which are made in China or Indian. So I headed up the road to another store and got myself a set of Bosch glow plugs for $150. The box has a sticker saying made in Japan. I checked with my local mechanic who said, the only difference is the service life, basically they all do the same job equally well, it's just that the expensive ones last longer. He reckons the Bosch items are good for 70,000 km.
IMG_6950.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom