Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I reckon your truck will have new truck smell when you are done. #Dedicated

Yep, PF is still crushing it.

A very quick update. I got the throttle body (I think it actually called a venturi?) rebuilt after work this afternoon. Nice and clean........that would have to be worth an extra half horse power I reckon.! Oh........and a couple of before images. Hydro-blasting is good.

IMG_6631.JPG

IMG_6632.JPG

IMG_6633.JPG

IMG_5842.JPG

IMG_5829.JPG

That hydro blasting is awesome! I have a friend looking into a unit for his shop.

Ben I understand the thoughts that keep you awake nights. I have some similar concerns on my own build. I think it's just part of the process for non-professionals.

That turned out incredible. I wish I had a Hydro Blaster. I would be real busy making everything look new and shiny.

Ben are you using the 2h manual as a reference ?
G'day Zimmi, How's life mate? I use the 2H manual pretty much all the time. It's handy prompt on how to put things back together and also for torque settings. It also contains a few handy hints that I probably wouldn't otherwise think of. Like suggestions on when to use silicone gasket maker in conjunction with a gasket (see below). Cheers, Ben

OIL PAN GASKET - TO SILICONE OR NOT TO SILICONE? I got down to the shed tonight and put the oil pan back on along with and push valve covers.

The 2H engine manual recommends only using liquid sealer in the corners. However, I spoke with two mechanics during the week. One who owns our local ARB place and did his apprenticeship on Toyotas. The other was a mechanic at our local Toyota dealership. Both mechanics recommended smearing a very thin layer of silicone onto the either side of the gasket. So I followed their advice.

IMG_6645.JPG

IMG_6649.JPG

IMG_6650.JPG

IMG_6648.JPG

IMG_6654.JPG

Last edited:
Every so often I start to convince myself that I might actually possess a few skills as a vehicle restorer...............until you meet someone whose eye for design and whose skill as a fabricator morphs art and engineering. It makes you realise that you are very much an amateur. I had that experience during the week. I spent a bit of time chewing the fat with a local guy who designed and fabricated this motorcycle. 'Upheval' is based on a 1920's or '30's salt lake racer. It has just returned from a bike show in Japan called Moon Eyes and is a work of art. Enjoy.

IMG_9273-e1479241682545.jpg

Nice bike but look's pretty uncomfortable, have to reach around the velocity stack to drive, plus that stack is going to scream in your ear. Is that rear brake even useable? I can appreciate the artistry but not the practicality.

Nice bike but look's pretty uncomfortable, have to reach around the velocity stack to drive, plus that stack is going to scream in your ear. Is that rear brake even useable? I can appreciate the artistry but not the practicality.
Yeah, A bit like a Ferrari. It looks cool until you spend 15 minutes trying to get out of it and end up rolling across the footpath. How's that sumbitch truck going? Cheers,

That sumbitch..................................ain't going yet. The motor and such is all back in and preliminary tests seem to indicate that all is good. Honestly it is just sitting with junk piled on it, I have to go back and fix a few things from my summer thrashfest.......what was I thinking? Hope to have it driving for spring, I took a 50% wage cut to be home and work in town so funds are pretty tight right now, plus our economy is in the s***ter, but at least I'm working. Truck just needs exhaust and a few things re-done.

The funniest, driest build on 'Mud just got updated with more cadmium gold, Jerry, gold! All jokes aside it looks mint af mate! Keep at it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom