Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had the exhaust manifold heat shields coated by a local business. They were looking pretty shabby. This stuff should apparently prevent corrosion and keep them looking good for a bit longer. I also picked up some hardware from Toyota. The bolts are grey coloured, I assume some sort of heat treatment.

IMG_7007.JPG

IMG_7011.JPG

IMG_7009.JPG

IMG_7008.JPG

I've taken Friday off work and I've got a mate coming over who knows a bit about cars. The plan is to get the transfer case back together and then get the engine and gearbox back in the chassis...........well that's the plan anyway. Stay tuned. Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben. The t case looks great! Just like everything else on your rig. What type of coating was applied to the exhaust manifold heat shield? It looks like the new chrome paint/coating.

Hi Ben. The t case looks great! Just like everything else on your rig. What type of coating was applied to the exhaust manifold heat shield? It looks like the new chrome paint/coating.
It is an aluminium product called HP1 Polished Aluminium. I'm not actually sure how they apply it. I'll find out and get back to you. Cheers, Ben

i hope i will not dis-enthuse you by saying this, but do you realize that this is not a factory correct resto? it's just, they never left the factory in that condition.....

Dayam!!

Howdy, I've been getting worried about you. All good in Sydney town?
All work and no play makes Dan a fly-by Mudder. Good to see the rig under reassembly! Cad-damnit!!

I love it when a plan comes together, looking extra good mate!

G'day All, time for a quick update. I got the hi-lo gear stick and the overdrive hooked up. Bolted in the front drive shaft and the starter motor. Tonight I got down to the shed for a brief decompression session and started on the brake lines. It is kind of nice to introduce a new colour, even if it drab olive green. Cheers, Ben

IMG_7141.JPG

IMG_7157.JPG

IMG_7155.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom