Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G'day Guys,

I popped into my local diesel injection service centre during the week. The cost of having my fuel pump checked........just checked is $350. So I reckon I'll take it down and have the pesky diaphragm replaced and then bolt it onto the truck. If the truck runs, I'll call it good. If the truck doesn't run well, I'll call it knackered.

I will however have the diesel injectors tested. The cost of testing an injector is $6.50 each. Speaking with the diesel mechanic he said that you are far more likely to have problems with your injectors than with your fuel pump anyway.

So tonight I got down to the shed and pulled out the fuel pump and cleaned it up with some degreaser the aluminium mag wheel cleaner. It came up okay.

IMG_6717.JPG

IMG_6719.JPG

IMG_6716.JPG

Also during the week I got the exhaust manifold torqued down. I spoke with the local exhaust bloke, who recommends using split washers and said to make sure you re-torque the bolts after running it for a couple of hours.

IMG_6720.JPG

I also picked up a couple of parts during the week that Toyota no longer have in stock. The main one being the front heater outlet pipe. I managed to find one from a HJ75 with a 2H, but there is a slight difference between the late and early model. I don't think it will make too much difference. I spent a bit of time rinsing them out and poking bits of wire in and out of them to clean them out as well as I could.

IMG_6683.JPG

IMG_6688.JPG

IMG_6689.JPG

So are you gonna tune up that oiler, son? Git'er runnin' fast and pumpin' gas. Blowin' soot and errr.. blowin' soot [nothing rhymes with soot!].
Apparently you can add a bit of fuel and a bit more timing to wake 'em up. You'll be running 25 second quarters in no time!

Hey fellas, thanks for the complements. Cult I don't think 25 seconds for the quarter mile is unachievable. In fact I think I'm going to have at crack at the magical 25 second mark. Wait for it..............while towing a caravan and in the back of the 47, I'm going to stick my wife, three kids (all with bikes, surfboards and scooters), half a tonne of camping gear, a chainsaw, firewood, beer and a labrador. You guys will be amazed at the awesome speed of the old girl.

Unknown.jpeg

G'day All, I picked up my new thermostat and thermostat gaskets this afternoon and a new by-pass hose. So I torqued that down tonight. I used some liquid sealer on the gaskets.

IMG_6781.JPG

IMG_6782.JPG

IMG_6786.JPG

IMG_6787.JPG

Ben, I'm disappointed you didn't trim the excess gasket off the t-stat install.. :D

Attention to detail is definately lacking on this build....

Just joking mate, not sure what your going to do with this museum piece! For sure one of the best documented well done builds! Straya rules!!!

G'day All, It's has been a while since I logged on. What started as a simple re-gasket and a coat of paint and taken longer and cost more than I anticipated. It is the cost thing that is prohibitive.........and time........and skills. Regardless onwards and upwards. A couple of quick pics of the left hand side of the engine.

IMG_6839.JPG

IMG_6849.JPG

IMG_6850.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom