Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Howdy Mudders,

I had a bit of fun today. I've got this ancient flat belt lathe. It's not really accurate enough to do any serious turning on. But, it's good for polishing stuff. The handbrake drum was pretty rusty, and I couldn't work out how I was going to the get into it with the wire wheel. Ah.......the old lathe. It worked a treat.

IMG_6479.JPG

IMG_6480.JPG

IMG_6481.JPG

IMG_6485.JPG

Tonight, I prepped the handbrake drum and a few up bits from the gearbox and got them into undercoat. I also cleaned up the clutch fork. Which doesn't appear to come painted from the factory. I like the look of new cast iron and I noticed a VHT paint colour called just that, 'Cast Iron'. So I tried that out. I'll wait until I get it into the sunlight before passing judgement.

IMG_6501.JPG

IMG_6503.JPG

IMG_6510.JPG

IMG_6509.JPG

IMG_6508.JPG

Hey Guys, A quick update. I spent sometime this afternoon wire wheeling the gearbox. I also rubbed back the sump with some 600 grit and then gave them a good wipe down with prep-wash. Undercoated the gearbox and let that dry. I then mixed up some saturn black 2-pac. I'm very happy with the outcome. Especially, the sump. It looked like a dogs breakfast after falling off the wire hanger the first time I painted it. Cheers, Ben

IMG_6511.JPG

IMG_6526.JPG

IMG_6519.JPG

IMG_6518.JPG

Had a bit of catching up on this build, nice work man it's coming along nicely.

Satin looks mint PF!! Keep it up! We'll be in Jindabyne around April, maybe we can catch up!

G'day Cult, I'm just back from holidays, so I apologise for not getting back to you earlier. Jindabyne in May in could work for me. I'm pretty keen to brush up on my fly fishing skills. Will your trip be work or social? Do you remember the 2006, film by the same name (Jindabyne). Starring Gabriel Byrne and if memory serves me correctly also starring Land Cruiser tray!! Cheers, Ben

G'day All, A very quick update. School is about to go back after the Chrismas break and things are starting to return to normal. I've spent the last couple of nights in the shed polishing my nuts with a wire wheel.................for want of a better expression. Hopefully, I'll get these and a bunch of other bits and pieces to the metal platers during the week. Cheers, Ben

IMG_6535.JPG

IMG_6536.JPG

IMG_6538.JPG

G'day All, Well, I've been putting the hours out in the shed. I reckon i've stood in front of the wire wheel on the grinder for a couple of hours each night for the last week or so. Tonight, I got the last of the bolts, nuts, oil lines and fuel lines cleaned up. Hopefully, I'll get this stuff to the metal platers tomorrow. A couple of before wire wheeling images......

IMG_6562.JPG

IMG_6547.JPG

IMG_6549.JPG

IMG_6555.JPG

top notch as usual! you'll be pulling bits of wire form your pants for the next 3 weeks....

G'day Cult, I'm just back from holidays, so I apologise for not getting back to you earlier. Jindabyne in May in could work for me. I'm pretty keen to brush up on my fly fishing skills. Will your trip be work or social? Do you remember the 2006, film by the same name (Jindabyne). Starring Gabriel Byrne and if memory serves me correctly also starring Land Cruiser tray!! Cheers, Ben
Hey mate. It'll be a social trip, though if it's pretty I might do some scouting while I'm there. I didn't see the film, but am surprised GB made it down under! The 47 is looking mint. Especially that bell housing!

Hey all, I picked up the rest of my hardware from the metal on Friday and on Saturday morning picked up some of the aluminium components that I had hydro-blasted. Some obligatory 'before-and-after' images of the alternator.

IMG_6183.JPG

IMG_6181.JPG

IMG_6616.JPG

IMG_6617.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom