Moroccan Atlas - 1FZ-FE Coolant Temp high (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In case all under the hood got high temp and the fan clutch engages. If the engine is then stopped will you be able to turn the fan by hand?

you can still turn it by hand but there should be resistance. or if you first start it after the truck cools you should hear the fan pulling air for the first few seconds till the oil drains back out of the clutch

you can still turn it by hand but there should be resistance. or if you first start it after the truck cools you should hear the fan pulling air for the first few seconds till the oil drains back out of the clutch
There is slight resitance but independent of engine the temperature - hot/cold same momentum. There is a bi-metal spring that open/close the valve - I have to investigate that and check for that pulling sound a start.
We cannot get the sustainable AISIN replacement on a good price over here...

Something different... which 320t mls on the clock I got another issue on the front wheel drive - see attached pics. While the vehicle got through Morocco successfully but failed when coming back from an 4x4 event. Ordered parts through amayama sum-up to USD 750,- w/o import tax and EUR 550,- from a local aftermarket parts supplier. By teh way Toyota Germany has ridiculous prices for those legacy items.

Screenshot 2023-09-20 172823.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-20 172753.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-20 172718.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-20 172634.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-20 172605.jpg

There is slight resitance but independent of engine the temperature - hot/cold same momentum. There is a bi-metal spring that open/close the valve - I have to investigate that and check for that pulling sound a start.
We cannot get the sustainable AISIN replacement on a good price over here...

Something different... which 320t mls on the clock I got another issue on the front wheel drive - see attached pics. While the vehicle got through Morocco successfully but failed when coming back from an 4x4 event. Ordered parts through amayama sum-up to USD 750,- w/o import tax and EUR 550,- from a local aftermarket parts supplier. By teh way Toyota Germany has ridiculous prices for those legacy items.

View attachment 3435532

View attachment 3435533

View attachment 3435534

View attachment 3435535

View attachment 3435536
*with
320t mls on the clock

Screenshot 2023-09-20 172536.jpg

might as well order new parts for both sides and do a front axle rebuild. was the knuckle getting run dry and you didnt realize it or did the wheel bearings get loose and smoke themselves

might as well order new parts for both sides and do a front axle rebuild. was the knuckle getting run dry and you didnt realize it or did the wheel bearings get loose and smoke themselves
It was a 230km trip back home - most of it on the autobahn. There was in the beginning a wobbling in the steering. It started 30km away from my final destination. More and more a smoke of burned metal came into the cabin. Pulled over imediately but the distorted wheel bearing misaligned the brake disk and got ruptured. Had to call a tow truck.

Spare part example SPINDLE SUB-ASSY, STEERING KNUCKLE 43401-60081 --> TOYOTA Germany EUR 618,- vs. Amayama (J) USD 85,- + FedEx + Import Tax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom