Builds Mor Chikin 60 - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@wngrog - from whom are you sourcing the Dobinsons kits?

On their website, I can't tell the difference between the base kit and the MRR kit - do you know?

Thanks - Steve

@wngrog - from whom are you sourcing the Dobinsons kits?

On their website, I can't tell the difference between the base kit and the MRR kit - do you know?

Thanks - Steve

I order mine via Jason Overland Outfitters. @Ozark cruiser

You get the same on-line price but you get straight to the warehouse current stock and Jason can help you mix and match kits etc. I’ve had some smooth orders and I’ve had some I’m sure Jason lost money on working out missing parts etc.

+1 (417) 855-0647

Got a nice 75 mile ride in before Chris picked it up for a 24 mile ride home. All systems go.

UPS dropped off a pretty new @Racer65 intake hose just as they arrived

Round two will start when @lcwizard sends me some metal.

2E239BD7-0DC1-4C92-99B0-AE6F3A3E8375.jpeg

209320B6-EEDB-4318-B17D-92BC74371C06.jpeg

1157D341-9469-4D18-9720-F5B8415F33DD.jpeg

Out the door this time with 36 hours labor. This is to remind me what it takes to add a Sniper, Suspension and a few other random items.

IKR, I even want to put one on my FJ62….

I’ve got the 3FE in my 5 speed FJ80 and it’s a wonderful system. I’d not replace it for a Sniper but I would never add it to a 2F now that a Sniper is available.

Make sense?

What other thread?
Looks like you just responded to it, Dob’s getting some really good press from you guys.
Back in the day on the old 3FE Forum there was a Dobinson group buy and install party. Everyone seemed to like them back then. Looks like Dob has gotten even better, especially with their shock offerings.

Really enjoy reading your threads on here. Awesome pics and straight up information. Very nice 60 as well.

What a perfect under the radar rig.

What roof rack is that?
Did you remove the carb fan?
It’s a Hannibal rack. Stout. A bit much.

I left the carb fan just because I don’t like the looks without it over there as much as with it.

I love those tires. Do you by chance have any shots from head or or straight behind? Curious to see how skinny they actually are.

475B0D71-C48F-4343-A51C-3CA467520E5E.jpeg

1885E08B-4EFA-4859-AF2D-EF8EC0EDEBD4.jpeg

The more I read about Snipers, the more I want one versus a V8 swap.
Why not both? 😀

(More seriously: I plan a sniper on a @FJ60Cam Mosley 4.4L 2F with a F valve cover and my formerly Mark’s/Downey header in my 66 45LV replacing a SBC.)

A bit less power but way more cool to have a stock-looking drivetrain under the hood.

Last edited:
The ole girl fired up nicely and the first test drive was a grand success before I jumped in the OddBall 80 and hit the road for some R@R at the Cruiser Crawl

I waited for somebody else to ask, but I'll guinea pig. Is it the fuel pump making all that ticking noise? The phone must make it worse than it really is....

I waited for somebody else to ask, but I'll guinea pig. Is it the fuel pump making all that ticking noise? The phone must make it worse than it really is....
The Sniper injectors click. Once you get the air filter back in and tuned up it gets way less noticeable

The Sniper injectors click. Once you get the air filter back in and tuned up it gets way less noticeable
…and close the hood!

It disappears under operating conditions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom