great wheeeling today; fantastic views and weather; super company :cheers:

Website
www.tralaz.org
x2 :D

-Spike

ChaseTruck

--
SILVER Star
Allright. Montana Mountain Trail; start at Queen Valley Road turnoff from Hwy. 60, then trail #350, 172, 650. We then turned onto trail #342, came out north of Superior, and then Brittan took us into mini-Moab. Since there were no stockers with us, we didn't worry about the 'stocker-friendly' part of the trail description above...:cool:
Another awesome day of trailriding in great company, we clocked about 45 miles of trail by my count, and collected a total 13 hours of :steer: time by the time we made it home :grinpimp:.

On to pictures, we got fabulous desert views...
DSC_2430.jpg
DSC_2440.jpg
DSC_2443.jpg

Last edited:

ChaseTruck

--
SILVER Star
We climbed up to 5400+ ft. on trail 650, came down the mountain, and climbed back up to some 5200 ft. on trail 342. 342 had this 'oh, it continues uphill' feature: every time we thought we had gotten to the top, there was another turn, and another climb...:cool:

We came out by a (relatively) small mine, only to discover that they wouldn't let us use their service road, so we had to follow #342 along the power line; this is where the 'stocker-friendly' would have been a little off. But, as stated, there weren't any stockers to be seen anyways, so...
DSC_2469.jpg
DSC_2475.jpg
DSC_2484.jpg

Last edited:

ChaseTruck

--
SILVER Star
I handed over the lead to Brittan, and he took us to 'mini-Moab' north of Superior.
DSC_2489.jpg
DSC_2493.jpg
DSC_2495.jpg

ChaseTruck

--
SILVER Star
Note to Juan: CSC runs are conducted in a different time-space continuum, the boundaries of which are blacktop... :cool:

Again, thanks to everyone for a great day, we had a blast :clap: :bounce: :grinpimp:
DSC_2514.jpg
DSC_2523.jpg
DSC_2529.jpg

DSRTRDR

I can mangle anything ...
SILVER Star
cool pics :cool:

Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
Great day, the drive through the mountains was cool, but by the end I was ready for some wheelin.:hillbilly: 342 was better, Oak Flat loop delivered, that was wheelin!:hillbilly: More pix later.

Looks like fun...sorry I missed it. I have got to get the 411 on the little moab area.

Website
Looks like fun...sorry I missed it. I have got to get the 411 on the little moab area.

It's the best approximation that I have seen in this area, but it's not Moab, doesn't have the grip, etc. The Oak Flat area is a beautiful, unique area that is about to be turned into a strip mine!:mad::mad::mad: When it cools down a bit, we need to get out there and wheel, photograph, etc, so we at least have the memories. On the short loop we did, had to squeeze by a several of drill rigs taking core samples on the edge of the trail.:mad::mad::mad:

ChaseTruck

--
SILVER Star
Also it's not "stocker friendly", more like "pull them pink panties up tight" land.:hillbilly:

Those downhill switchbacks on the way down to Hackberry sure had me busy...:doh:

ChaseTruck

--
SILVER Star
Trail Carnage: Passenger side underbody rock light...:frown:

I think it happened on the last climb, at that big rock on the passenger side. I got hung there briefly and had to reset further to the left (into the brush...:D). I thought the strange sound was from the axle hitting the rock...

And yes, I found it when I was at the car wash...:flipoff2:
DSC_2531.jpg

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
SILVER Star
Rock light??

Looks like it served it's purpose and found one :hillbilly:

Website
Overall a very easy trail, but there were a couple of washes that looked like fun, Ajax type stuff.

Playing chicken on the switchbacks.
9-1-2008_4.jpg
9-1-2008_5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom