Molded Carpet & Vinyl Sets and Wheel Well/Arch Covers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
All,

After the cut and sewn debacle with my local upholsterer, I have reached out to a few Aussie and Euro contacts of mine over the years. They have directed me to a shop that has been making molded sets that they have bought from, installed and continued to re-order from this same shop over the years as well.

I have already placed the first order and have a few members that have joined in on this initial buy. 10 sets incoming.

The sets will arrive approximately the middle to end of April.

I will post pics when they arrive and also be installing a set in Poppy. (I will use what I'm selling, as always-- Poppy's brown cut and sewn kit will be for sale soon-PM me if interested)

I have several color options for the carpet (loop pile). But, I will only stock is Charcoal and Dark Saddle (maybe black)

Vinyl colors are black, tan/brown and grey.

I will be getting a full sample ring of carpet and vinyl for those that are wanting something off the beaten path.

The shop can make LHD or RHD versions. Individual pieces to full sets can be ordered.

Pictures and prices to follow soon.

Jason

SAM_1130.JPG
SAM_1134.JPG
SAM_1135.JPG
SAM_1137.JPG
SAM_1129.JPG

Last edited:
Will be eagerly watching this thread. By vinyl set do you mean vinyl flooring or replacement for existing vinyl pieces such as the wheel well covers?

Awesome! :clap: Thank you for this effort. A grey vinyl flooring set for a LHD FJ62 is definitely on my want list! Can't wait to see pics and pricing.

where was this thread before I sold my 62 :(

Will be eagerly watching this thread. By vinyl set do you mean vinyl flooring or replacement for existing vinyl pieces such as the wheel well covers?

Full vinyl flooring. I'm pretty sure I can have them mold the wheel well covers in vinyl as they have the mold for carpet. I will inquire.

J

Awesome! :clap: Thank you for this effort. A grey vinyl flooring set for a LHD FJ62 is definitely on my want list! Can't wait to see pics and pricing.

I'm just determined on this product....

I can get sets/pieces for the 40,70 (some) 80 and 100 series as well.

J

All,

I will post pics when they arrive and also be installing a set in Poppy. (I will use what I'm selling, as always-- Poppy's brown cut and sewn kit will be for sale soon-PM me if interested)

PM sent.

Is the transmission area the only difference in the 60 v. 62 carpets?

There are at least a few differences between the stock carpets in the FJ60s and the FJ62s. The FJ62 has a cut-out for the foot rest for the left foot (FJ60 does not have this), the rear heater for the FJ60 is under the front passenger seat (the FJ62's is under the center console), and, as you mentioned, the transmission/transfer case shifters are different. There my be other differences I'm not aware of.

I already have a set of these Aussie-made mats or I'd be all over this. I bought when there was a group buy about 6 years ago. I will say they are wonderful and worth every penny as they are super tough (made for mine work) and really insulate against heat and noise. My carpet and the underlayment had been trashed by coolant leaks from the front and rear heater (PO crap).

The one I received did not have any cut-outs for shifter/tcase or seat bolts, etc. but was easily cut with a fresh razor after using the old carpet as a template.

I already have a set of these Aussie-made mats or I'd be all over this. I bought when there was a group buy about 6 years ago. I will say they are wonderful and worth every penny as they are super tough (made for mine work) and really insulate against heat and noise. My carpet and the underlayment had been trashed by coolant leaks from the front and rear heater (PO crap).

The one I received did not have any cut-outs for shifter/tcase or seat bolts, etc. but was easily cut with a fresh razor after using the old carpet as a template.
The vinyl one?

Thanks A,

Not sure where that group buy was procured from, but my sources all say the kits I ordered are a very nice quality and fit well, carpet and vinyl alike.

J

There are at least a few differences between the stock carpets in the FJ60s and the FJ62s. The FJ62 has a cut-out for the foot rest for the left foot (FJ60 does not have this), the rear heater for the FJ60 is under the front passenger seat (the FJ62's is under the center console), and, as you mentioned, the transmission/transfer case shifters are different. There my be other differences I'm not aware of.

This pretty much sums it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom