Moab trip report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kelly saad

Supporting Vendor
Threads

I followed some Jeeps on the following trails:

Golden Spike
Gold Bar
Hells Revenge (including Hells Gate)
Fins & Things
Poison Spider
Cliffhanger :confused:

A couple of these trails were pushing the limits of the 100, at least my 100. Many obstacles i could climb with great traction, while some of the Jeeps would spin their tires. Cliffhanger was insane! I was able to do all the obstacles that the Jeeps did. The Jeep guys labeled me the "Green Goat"

My recommendations for Moab trails that I drove are listed below. Its possible that some easier trails could be conquered without some of these items, but I used everything, a lot.

Lockers, front and rear
Sliders
Bumpers
Good front axles (not aftermarket junk) I witnessed front axles braking on this trip.
All Terrain tires 33"
2.5" lift
Skid plates!! I had none:eek:

Also, I will give huge credit to the guys that built my bumpers and sliders!!!!! I really put these to the test and they handled everything, with no problem. Bump It Off Road rear, high clearance bumper and BIO sliders are awesome!! I slammed that rear bumper and sliders on big rocks SOOOOOO many times, no issues. Dissent front bumper is fabulous!!! I had all the weight of my vehicle on one corner while grinding on a rock and didn't bend at all. Outstanding clearance on both bumpers.
IMG_7686.JPG
IMG_7706.JPG
IMG_7719.JPG
IMG_7826.JPG

Last edited:
WOW...

Nice job, Cliff hanger looks amazing, I did hells revenge in a 99 rear locked. The traction was amazing, as was the very vertical terrain the grip allows you to drive. All that completely terrified my wife. I wish, I had more than a half day.

Go Green Goat! I love surprising the jeepers and then rolling up the windows to keep the AC inside. :)

Hey Ben... I may want to get back on the list for a rear bumper ;)

That could be a commercial for a rear bumper. Your lines looked dead-on, but still these wagons drag. Nice work!

Nice report! Glad everything performed well.

That's some dang fine driving skills right there. Looks like an awesome trip

Wow... Definitely makes a good case for locking up the front and rear! I've been eyeing those bumpers as well.. Great trip recap - Thanks for sharing!

What year is your 100, do you have ATRAC?

What year is your 100, do you have ATRAC?
98 and no ATRAC. That wouldnt have cut it, front and rear lockers were the way to go. I might have been able to get by with just the rear locker on 80% of stuff but I would have been spinning tires a lot. There was a handful of ledges that I needed the front. Im speaking of the tough trails though. There were some mellow trails that were still fun and crazy where lockers weren't needed.

That one ledge at the 2:00 minute mark in the video IIRC was where someone blew a front diff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom