Events/Trails moab pre-funk run 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overall, I loved Hells but am not eager to repeat some of the lines from the washed out ledges at the end of the trail. I don't mind scraping bumpers but the hit I took there was hard enough to dislodge my bottle jack from its home. The plastic bumper covers are resilient but I ended up replacing the bumper cover, trailer connector, underside covering, and a tail light from that line.

I don't know if it was just that section was more washed than prior years, but Tony seems to escape with the least amount of damage with an aggressive line that made for some nice photos. If it's in the same condition then I'd want a rear bumper and 34s for peace of mind.

Ya, the exit from Hell’s is surprisingly iffy. Visually it doesn’t look like much compared to the drops, etc on the rest of the trail...but it does feel roll-over spooky as you go though.

Don’t blame ya for not wanted to smash up ANOTHER bumper cover.

Ya, the exit from Hell’s is surprisingly iffy. Visually it doesn’t look like much compared to the drops, etc on the rest of the trail...but it does feel roll-over spooky as you go though.

Don’t blame ya for not wanted to smash up ANOTHER bumper cover.

My rear bumper cover is set to be replaced with a steel bumper this winter so I won't be too concerned for my own rig. In general, though, it's not just the bumper cover but all the other things that are likely to need to be replaced (internal structures, parking sensors, and so on) if you're really abusing your plastic. Most steel bumpers also require some portion of the plastic to be in working order, so I guess the moral of the story is to get steel bumpers before you destroy everything else?

Cole can you sell that story to my wife.....i think we are going to run our Tupperware till it falls off ;)

Just bring her along and you may be able to sell it yourself :)

She drove most of it last year.

I need my bumpers to be hanging off like Jason reiten's bumpers after the trip from hell...

Cole can you sell that story to my wife.....i think we are going to run our Tupperware till it falls off ;)

Heh... Just tell her about my Hell’s Gate drop that keeps coming up (you had a close view and also my deer strike). A strong rear bumper wings saved me from massive side panel damage and $. So there ya go! :)

Last edited:
same spot two years ago on hells revenge. It's a sneaky spot for sure

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yea, I got a bit tippy there too. I don't have pics, but know they are out there. Wifey was not too pleased with me for a while there.

You guys officially decided trails to go along with the dates yet? We're planning our summer trip now and will definitely be in Telluride by Friday the 27th, but I may have a few extra vacation days this year and if so I'm trying to sell the family on turning our ~18 day road trip into 3 full weeks. HITR and Kokopelli both look like fun. If we did it I just need to find a place to drop the trailer for a couple days while we tent camp on the trail.

Hey @steenh , Phil says hi. We talked about hole in the rock.
Said it was on his top 3 trails ever run.

That's a pretty strong endorsement.

Phil can’t get enough of it! He should join this run to so I won’t be the only 80.

If an Econoline pulling a trailer with a one legged driver can do the trail, all these 200s should have no problem!

3B6AEC00-44D9-43BB-B9D5-416570CA5641.jpeg

7D671922-3FCD-42D0-BE48-6B61ED08D9BD.jpeg

BB2FC787-13D8-4B76-8985-CD91B66D4D17.jpeg

6EB61270-0D5B-4C35-AD95-C99749F6001C.jpeg

Now that's how you drive a sportsmobile!!!

Here is my 80 on the same ledge that the van and trailer are on above. Photo credit to the man himself @woody

A8743457-B307-41FD-A17F-B1FAF0102F08.jpeg

Is there a way to block a thread? Because this is going to be depressing to see pop up for the next few months knowing I can't go.

I'ma do some voodoo incantations to push your leave date back three weeks... :cool::skull::clap:

Not to confuse things more, but Chris Cordes of Expedition Portal just posted an article on their trip home from the Overland Expo last May. The route included the new Rim Rocker trail for Moab to Montrose, CO. If it is open it might be a fun way to get from Moab to that SW area of CO. They had some issues with swollen creek crossings but I would think that would be less of an issue in July than it would have been in May. Here is a link to the article.
Dust and Snow in the American West

Not to confuse things more, but Chris Cordes of Expedition Portal just posted an article on their trip home from the Overland Expo last May. The route included the new Rim Rocker trail for Moab to Montrose, CO. If it is open it might be a fun way to get from Moab to that SW area of CO. They had some issues with swollen creek crossings but I would think that would be less of an issue in July than it would have been in May. Here is a link to the article.
Dust and Snow in the American West

Certainly some gorgeous photos in that link, Dan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom