Moab 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I pretty much knew what you meant but thanks for the tech and extra clarity....I was just being a dumb ass/myself.

But you come across as a dumbass even when you don't mean it... So how is one to tell?

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahhaha.

I mean, John, you do have a point.

We are considering dogs while we look, most all of them say no dogs. I think the best option we may have is pleading a case to the owner. You really don't want to camp there. Its hot early, and often gets windy at night and some aggressive storms can pop up out of nowhere at night.... and flash flooding is a regular occurrence....oh and fire ants are everywhere.... Moab wants to kill you, that's why we hotel when we are out there. We did the camping thing a few times, its not enjoyable.

If it helps sway the owner I'll service Bill out, Tony and others can vouch for his prowless :D
Mrs x

If it helps sway the owner I'll service Bill out, Tony and others :D
Mrs x

You may just have to service the owner to let them keep the dog there.

I assumed Jackie are going...?

Most likely. Honestly it depends on her schedule and we won't know that until mid June. Yes for planning purposes with a possibility that it may become a No or an I'll meet you there. I'll be out there for the first week for sure.

Last edited:
Alice is not liscensed, do they have trailer parking near the trail heads?

Most do. Shouldn't be an issue.

Finally had a sit down with the new manager.
After the work Yada Yadas were over I mentioned the Missouri trip and asked his views on taking more than 9 days for a vacation . I can put in for PYS Saturday and as long as my manager doesn't mind that'll be a go.
While he did say 2 full weeks, for Moab, is out of the question, he said up to 12 days can happen without much drama. While he could not commit to anything at this time, he did say as the time get closer we could talk about it and see if that can work.
So I like him already!!

So do I, seems alot better than the last guy

Congrats on the seemingly new cool boss!

Time will tell, but so far I have been very pleased with his style and all my interactions with him have been positive.

By the way we have a house. It sleeps 12, so things will be tight, but that's about as big as it gets in Moab for some reason... Lots of trailer parking, pool, hot tub, gas fire pit, 2 car garage.... Looks like a really nice place!

Bill, I apologize but no houses that would work allowed dogs. Not sure what that means for you but let me know if I can help.

We're thinking Canyonlands rv park for now.

I asked my manager today if he cared if I took 12 days off in July.
His response was "I don't give a s***, if that's what you wanna do."
Followed by "do you even do anything when you are here"?

Moab is getting closer to being a reality for me.

I asked my manager today if he cared if I took 12 days off in July.
His response was "I don't give a s***, if that's what you wanna do."
Followed by "do you even do anything when you are here"?

Moab is getting closer to being a reality for me.

Sounds like you are about to receive the gift of total freedom!

That would be great.
My manager, Pat, has been my direct supervisor ever since I've been at Lowe's (nearly 11 years).
He's very easy going. So I'm really glad the new store manager put vacation requests at his discretion.
I have to get the final ok for more than 9 days, but it's looking good.

New store manager came to me today and said "put your request in for your Moab trip. Pat said he would approve it so you're good to go"

Sooooooooooo, guess who's going to Moab!?!?

I'll sleep in the garage if you'll let me.

We booked our hotel in Telluride for Saturday and Sunday night. Plan to be in Moab late Monday morning and then leave the following Saturday morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom