Mississippi Backroads February 26-28 Weekend (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool pics from the afternoon, hate we missed that.

Couple pics from the morning portion of the ride

IMG_6262-X2.jpg

IMG_6267-X2.jpg

Being under the bridge while the train crossed was pretty dang cool...
IMG_6268-X2.jpg

IMG_6274-X2.jpg

Got a couple of Greg and the kids on the swing from a different angle
IMG_6276-X2.jpg

IMG_6278-X2.jpg

IMG_6281-X2.jpg

IMG_6286-X2.jpg

IMG_6283-X2.jpg

I know it wasn't part of the main ride, but saw this place after we split from the group at onward. Got off the highway and got as close as we could, they were working on the road leading up to it.

Mont Helena plantation house. Lots of history. Seeing that huge house out in the middle of a field was quite the sight. Cliffs notes on the house is that it was built on top of an indian mound...and promptly burned down. I guess the bad juju from that didn't scare them cause they quickly rebuilt. Was partially restored in early 90s and is being finished now.

IMG_6288-X2.jpg

IMG_6293-X2.jpg

IMG_6298-X2.jpg

They do tours. Supposedly haunted.

One of my favorite MS houses

How was the Alluvian breakfast? One of my favorites.....

I would think it's definitely haunted some kinda way. Building on top of an indian burial mound is a serious bonehead move.

Alluvian breakfast was great. Actually that whole hotel was great. Really liked the atmosphere. Giardina's had a great atmosphere too, food was OK but not great. They did have 4R at the bar...

Grog, like the others have said, thanks much for first scouting, then planning / hosting / leading this get-together. As much as we all love the Crawl, it's only once a year, so it's short gatherings like this that help fill in the gap. Also, thanks to all for memorializing the day in photos! I took very few, knowing that the day would be covered by much more capable lenses.....y'all did a great job of collecting the high points of the day!

I second CT's sentiment: CottonLand is certainly a special group of folks!

Thanks again @wngrog really appreciate the hospitality. Had a great time Friday night at the farm! You've got a great place and amazing family! Thanks for the awesome pork chops!
I'll definitely be coming up more often.

If anyone finds themselves on the coast, hit me up!

Here's a log of the second half of the day.

image.png

Mark out April 22-24 weekend to go to Delta National Forest to spend the night. Main camp will be Friday night, play on Saturday.....one night there and then either move out or go home. More details later. I'll start a new thread.

GREAT time. Great pics. Looking through mine now.

This was an awesome weekend - start to finish. Can't stop thinking about how much fun that was to get out and relax. Thanks to Nolen for planning and for everyone else that came out to join the "funeral procession."

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the April 22-24 weekend. That's double-decker in Oxford and we already have plans for a big weekend in oxford (music, baseball, turkey hunting, etc..). Yall have fun. That will be a perfect place to camp.

Y'all can do me a favor. Will you like my Facebook page See and Eat Mississippi and share the link to the video that I'm posting of our trip to your personal Facebook pages please.

Also, whoever is an admin share it on Cottonland page. It's almost loaded.

3 minutes.

Also, the music is non copyright. If anyone knows a musician that would like their music featured please let me know. FB videos have super strict software that detects it and no one clicks YouTube videos.

Y'all can do me a favor. Will you like my Facebook page See and Eat Mississippi and share the link to the video that I'm posting of our trip to your personal Facebook pages please.

Also, whoever is an admin share it on Cottonland page. It's almost loaded.

3 minutes.

Also, the music is non copyright. If anyone knows a musician that would like their music featured please let me know. FB videos have super strict software that detects it and no one clicks YouTube videos.

done!

Cox Ferry Road has a bunch of great twists and turns and old bridges. We stopped at this one to get shots of people crossing. I stopped Andy and his $70,000 truck right on the weakest span to get a photo for his insurance company.

At this point Will walked up to me wet to his knees saying JG had kicked a ball across a ditch. I sacrificed the 100 to take Greg across on the runningboard. WCT strapped me out with Bessie. Shoes were tied to the front bumper and off we went.

IMG_4906-X3.jpg

Nice lineup but I'm only seeing one real Land Cruiser in the mix :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom