Mike Sears Memorial Run Tuttle Creek Oct 27 - 29, 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now we're out. I lost the tent to high winds at a cub scout campout last weekend. Snapped three out of the four main tent poles. No one was inside when it went, but it was sad altogether.

The LC's rpm hunting has gotten progressively worse. Looking to replace spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor before we head back out for any trails.

RPM hunting can be caused by vacuum leak too. If you get your rpm issues figured out I have an older 8 person cabin style tent that you can use/keep if you want to deal with non-shock corded poles and wasn't designed with rain fly so no touching walls if it rains. It is light weight fabric and I'll hit it with a fresh coat of water repelling spray and seam sealer when I get back from Rendezvous next week if you are interested. I think I also have a little smaller canvas style one with similar design in a 8 x 10 footprint. They are just more work to setup than my newer Kelty which on a RAGBRAI trip was 1 of the 2 still standing out of 120 in the field we camped in when 70 mph straight line winds ripped through. The other was also a Kelty.

Last edited:
RPM hunting can be caused by vacuum leak too. If you get your rpm issues figured out I have an older 8 person cabin style tent that you can use/keep if you want to deal with non-shock corded poles and wasn't designed with rain fly so no touching walls if it rains. It is light weight fabric and I'll hit it with a fresh coat of water repelling spray and seam sealer when I get back from Rendezvous next week if you are interested. I think I also have a little smaller canvas style one with similar design in a 8 x 10 footprint. They are just more work to setup than my newer Kelty which on a RAGBRAI trip was 1 of the 2 still standing out of 120 in the field we camped in when 70 mph straight line winds ripped through. The other was also a Kelty.
Also have a tent I can loan, another cause of hunting is dirty MAF or TPS, or a leak between them torn air duct

Also have a tent I can loan, another cause of hunting is dirty MAF or TPS, or a leak between them torn air duct

Thanks, guys, for the tent offerings. @BILT4ME and I are pretty sure the issue is in the spark plugs or cords. Saving for those now.

Rob assures me I'll be up and running in time for this. I plan on bringing my daughter who's at K-State. We should be there after her last class gets out late Friday afternoon.

I don't believe I'm going to be able to make it this year as planned. I believe my injection pump is on it's way out at a quicker rate tha i was expecting. I had my 3rd no start condition this morning after pulling the injection apart this weekend and finding more small partials jamming up my fuel solenoid. This happened a few months ago but this is twice in 1 week now. not going to chance it out of town

Thank you Colin. We have 14 rigs at this time, but I don't have, or haven't done a person count. We have a few buns and bbq sauce. Will bring plates, napkins, plastic ware as usual. Don't know what sides everyone wants, but hope we get a good variety. Looking forward to seeing everyone and will miss those who won't be able to join us.

@Two Old Crows When Amanda and I went through the thread and figured it up, we estimated about 20 people based on responses here, and I'm sure there will be a few that didn't post up and will attend.

@Willys43 Haven't see anything from you yet, you going to be there? Amanda will need someone to harass besides me.

Coop and I will bring slaw for the brisket garnishes for the chili (carrot sticks/onions/oyster crackers). Anything else?

Our youngest daughter has a rugby match in Manhattan Saturday at 11 so we are going to duck out for about 3 hours to watch that. Also, may have a friend or two coming up Saturday for the day. One with some wheeling experience in Colorado, one with a locked ‘94 80 who I’d like to have see what an 80 can do.

Leslie has to work Thur till 3ish. Heading to Lenexa as soon as she can. Original plan was to roll out and maybe have to setup in the dark but with the forecast we may wait and roll out early Fri morning.

Olivia and I are both working Thursday. We will be leaving Friday morning around 8.

Mitch and I are heading out Friday morning now...don't want to setup in the dark Thursday with the low temps...I'm soft. We will bring a bunch of brownies.

Coming Friday morning as well. I can bring potatoes if no one has done that yet.

As to the count. There are some folks who replied by email to me and not on the thread. If i am keeping things straight(?), that would be 4 more vehicles. As of this posting I have 12 yeses and at least three maybes. This is families,not number of people. Hope this is helpful
No potatoes yet

Eli and I are headed up Friday morning too. Will grab / make a side to bring with us too.

We are planning on heading out Thursday anyone other then KC100 planning on Thursday

I actually won't be heading up until Friday afternoon now. This goofy work thing has gotten in the way again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom