METRICTLC - committed FRAUD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FloridaFJ80

Roaming Land Cruiser Heaven
Threads
Website
www.landcruiserheaven.com
Well like many on here lately have had horror stories with METRIC TLC. But they have gotten to a new low.

I had ordered a leather kit for my 80 series back in Nov. Paid for it and waited.. During this time communication with Shane is quick and steady. Then towards the new years, I get a text after I hat sent him a few requesting an update. Well he sends a picture with him supposedly in the ER. So I am like "OK, get better we will talk in a few weeks." So I then start emailing, and texting and nothing no response. So I February. I call up my CC company and put in a claim. I get my temp refund while they investigate. So yesterday I get an email from the bank saying they had reversed my claim and took the money back out. I am like WTF, why???

So this morning, I call my bank wanting to know why the claim was reversed. So they said they heard back from the Merchant (METRIC TLC) and that they had said that my order was completed in person I already had my kit as he gave it to me in person and that I had signed the receipt. At this point I am infuriated, I am like WTF!!!!!!!!!!! How could I do this I live in Florida the D-bag is in Oregon. There is no way it was done in person. Then the bank person's I understand but there is a signed receipt. I was like a "signed receipt, I gave him my CC over the phone. There is no way he has a signed receipt. He FORGED my signature and has committed fraud.

So the next step was to appeal the claim and open a reinvestigation. Now I needed to provide proof. I am like ok" I have tons of emails where I am asking for a status update, and never a reply, plus I have my order receipt where I bought it from the website, and a conversation where he asks me to call him to give the CC info.

This is a new low.. This person should be banned from the site if it hasn't happened yet. Well I am done venting. I know I shouldn't ordered but I was a return customer so didn't really read the other posts until like January 2015 which was when I started getting anzy..

Update: 4/14/2015
Shane got word of this thread and called me to discuss. He began by telling me about his medical issues and apologizing for his lack of communication. According to him, he wasnt aware of the claim reversal. He stated that when he got word of my initial claim he didnt dispute it, he simply canceled my order and let the claim process proceed. He also states that he never spoke to my CC company, that SQUARE(the company he uses to process orders on his phone) told him to disengage with any communication with me and they would take care of it. He asked that I call my CC company and that he will talk to them. We spoke to my CC company, and they told him the same thing they told me they had received documentation that it was a face to face and that I signed for it and the goods were given to me. He told the CC company that this was a lie and that he had never shipped my goods, he also wanted to know who had told them that it was a face to face transaction and that I had received my goods. My bank couldnt give this information as they didnt have it readily available. He said he had never spoken to them and that he was the only one that deals with these issues. The bank was still undergoing their re-investigation and asked that I call back towards the end of the week. As for the forged signature, Shane says that the SQUARE app requires a signature and that he wrote Thank you on the signature box. He sent a screenshot of the receipt and you would have to make it out but it isnt really clear. It appears to look like "thanks" or its just scribble.

After the call, Shane asked me to call him. I did and we started talking regarding the situation, I ultimately said look man I just want a leather kit for my rig. You do great work and I loved the kit on my LX. He offered a good deal on a kit with free shipping. He said you dont have to pay for it until you receive it. It will take 2 weeks to make it. I was like that sounds fair lets do it. But lets resolve my money in the mean time. We got off the phone and he texts me to delete the thread ASAP. I wrote back saying that so far he has delivered promises and I dont have a kit nor my money. I told him that I will delete the thread after I receive my goods not before. That I would update the thread and let everyone here know that we are working on getting things resolved. He replied by saying, "that he wasnt happy with that" that he was upset that I used words like Fraud and Forged. That he wouldnt honor the deal he offered unless I deleted the thread. He would make sure I got my money back and that was that, and he would no longer accept any orders from me.

I replied asking for a phone call so we can talk (hate texting). Didnt call me but texted. Said he was pissed because he was getting contacted and asked about his fraud and forgery practices. These were coming from vendors and friends. He said he was done, that he did his part by trying to resolve my issue and someone F-ed up. that it was defamation of character.

At this point, I wasnt to happy its really his word against my CC company, but I am sure they wouldnt make up the information the presented. So someone gave them that information. I expressed to him that it is what it is. He was witness to what the CC company told me and their finding from their investigation. So its not something I made up. At the end I offered him to delete my initial post, change the title of the thread while he made things right. Once I received my kit in 2 weeks time I would ask Woody to delete the thread. He declined.

I think at this point its all over. I just want my money back. Money is tight currently as I have been laid off. I tried to offer a fair option for both of us, but now its about principle. I know people have their issues whatever they maybe. But there isnt any excuse for ignoring your customers after you take their money. You cant be a one man show and expect things to go right. You need to delegate certain things when your not available, its all about being responsible and looking out for your customers. He didnt care enough about having me as a customer before this ordeal happened to politely reply to my texts or emails. So why would he care now, he just wants to save face. As this thread is affecting his business. Supposedly its being linked to other "good" threads of his. If you really wanted to make things right and had nothing to hide you would do anything asked to remedy the situation. Sometimes its not about money, its more about principle and honor.

Whether or not he forged my signature, which at this point I may give him the benefit of the doubt with the "thank you' excuse. Though I am still waiting to receive a copy of the signed receipt that was presented to my bank to compare. As for the fraud charge, its still there at the end it was said and delivered to my CC company somehow, someway by someone. At this point its his word against my CC companies.

Last edited:
78a27e741de120992c1f7447aa8a3523.jpg

WOW...... I really hope Karma exists..... still owed a bucnh myself and waiting for stuff that will never show but this is a new low.....

Bipolar is a bitch for business.....

Wow that's taking it to a no level. I had issues with him to about a warranty issue with headlights kept emailing and finally went on his Facebook and left messages for months. Got home one day to package with new led headlight bulbs. And never and response from him. Just plan weird. Hope you get what your owed from this.good luck

Thanks guys for the positive feedback.. At this time I am just wanting my money back..

Well it is very sad that another crook is active on Mud. WCRUISERJUNKIE, you will see a record breaking post on his antics near the top of the bad sellers section, I can't swear to this in a court of law but I'm pretty darn certain that when I was getting smoozed then screwed by WCRUISERJUNKIE he made mention that he is working with Shane or Metric on the interior stuff he sells for the 40/60/80. I don't know if they are officially partners but they are involved in some way together. I checked WCRUISERJUNKIE's profile and the only user he follows is AATLAS1X and like I say, I recall specifically talking about his interior products and him clearly referencing his partnership/alliance with Metric TLC.

SO word to the wise on these two. Looks as though both of them have a long list of folks they have screwed or are actively screwing.

Perhaps the MODs can take action on these guys and restrict them, eliminate them, affix a scarlet letter to their ID's................something.

I gave up on my order, his latest tactic was......"I've moved shops and the order was lost, would you like a refund or re-order". Blah blah blah, guys is a major scammer and crook. I opted for the refund and never heard anything since. That was a few months ago. I agree, someone needs to pay this theif a visit.

Well it is very sad that another crook is active on Mud.....

Very disturbing, to say the least, considering a long time vendor, one I personally have done business with and have suggested to others to do the same.

Perhaps the MODs can take action on these guys and restrict them, eliminate them, affix a scarlet letter to their ID's................something.

I understand administrations caveat emptor position and their hands off approach to policing these transactions.

Realize my commendations mean little, but have to applaud Woody for creation of this forum, to allow grievances be expressed and dialogue to potentially correct or warn others.

Even though I believe it's front desk material and not for the breakroom, have to look at it from every perspective, appreciate that this is a business, and understand the difficulty in attracting/maintaining advertisers if the most mundane injustice puts them on trial before a jury of internet commandos, ready to publicly crucify for minor infractions.

This case is different, but hear me out.

No different than unscrupulous classified sellers or those that don't adhere to even a basic code of ethics.

It'd be impossible for administration to police each individual grievance and isn't their responsibility.

Again, applaud the creation of this forum, because it does allow dialogue between parties to resolve issues or, for those innocent of any crime, clearing thier name, as judged by a jury of participating peers.

Having a thread topic'd with my name in this very forum, the latter appreciated from a first hand perspective.

All that said.....

I'm a proponent for Mudder's to stand up and DEMAND a higher accoutability of ALL that transact on these pages, or any other, be it vendors or individuals, tipping the scales from "buyer beware" to "seller be wary."

I'm not suggesting a model to replicate, but EVERYONE knows if you pull some kind of BS on PBB, you're not only positioning yourself to be annihilated on the forum, but they very well may extend beyond forum containment, and ruin you in the real world.

Peers policing peers, except their methods carry more weight that I think we'd ever achieve, but I'm sure it dissuades more than a few from pulling any kind of crap, holds vendors to a higher standard.

I think this is a community responsibility, one that requires more responsibility on each participating member and a more judicious approach to notifications of outright fraud or shady dealings.

I don't know if it'd be allowed, but use the sig line as a banner to make everyone aware of unscrupulous, fraudulent deals, such as this.

In this case, this vendors reputation on mud, probably afforded complacency from many, when whatever lies were told to defray immediate concern, until he could defraud many more.

Used Mud, used the community to his advantage, with an army that defended, myself included, when a handful of people intially complained about delays.

Had there been cohesiveness, more attention brought to these misgivings, then it would've been caught much earlier on, before more could be taken.

Think the same responsibility is in order to notify of deals that are textbook, unlikely most would follow through, but if a standard of ethics were peer policed, say in this forum, with links to these threads, it would inevitably foster and environment where only reputable vendors/sellers dared grace these pages.

Why the Itrader ratings were abandoned, I don't know and doubt a rating system like ebay will ever be common on forums, plus there's significant data supporting the low percentage that report good reviews, while the opposite is true of unfavorable.

Using the tools that are in place, being this forum and links to threads contained therein, it would get the word out and the point across that there a higher accoutability demanded here.

Very disturbing, to say the least, considering a long time vendor, one I personally have done business with and have suggested to others to do the same.

I understand administrations caveat emptor position and their hands off approach to policing these transactions.

Realize my commendations mean little, but have to applaud Woody for creation of this forum, to allow grievances be expressed and dialogue to potentially correct or warn others.

Even though I believe it's front desk material and not for the breakroom, have to look at it from every perspective, appreciate that this is a business, and understand the difficulty in attracting/maintaining advertisers if the most mundane injustice puts them on trial before a jury of internet commandos, ready to publicly crucify for minor infractions.

This case is different, but hear me out.

No different than unscrupulous classified sellers or those that don't adhere to even a basic code of ethics.

It'd be impossible for administration to police each individual grievance and isn't their responsibility.

Again, applaud the creation of this forum, because it does allow dialogue between parties to resolve issues or, for those innocent of any crime, clearing thier name, as judged by a jury of participating peers.

Having a thread topic'd with my name in this very forum, the latter appreciated from a first hand perspective.

All that said.....

I'm a proponent for Mudder's to stand up and DEMAND a higher accoutability of ALL that transact on these pages, or any other, be it vendors or individuals, tipping the scales from "buyer beware" to "seller be wary."

I'm not suggesting a model to replicate, but EVERYONE knows if you pull some kind of BS on PBB, you're not only positioning yourself to be annihilated on the forum, but they very well may extend beyond forum containment, and ruin you in the real world.

Peers policing peers, except their methods carry more weight that I think we'd ever achieve, but I'm sure it dissuades more than a few from pulling any kind of crap, holds vendors to a higher standard.

I think this is a community responsibility, one that requires more responsibility on each participating member and a more judicious approach to notifications of outright fraud or shady dealings.

I don't know if it'd be allowed, but use the sig line as a banner to make everyone aware of unscrupulous, fraudulent deals, such as this.

In this case, this vendors reputation on mud, probably afforded complacency from many, when whatever lies were told to defray immediate concern, until he could defraud many more.

Used Mud, used the community to his advantage, with an army that defended, myself included, when a handful of people intially complained about delays.

Had there been cohesiveness, more attention brought to these misgivings, then it would've been caught much earlier on, before more could be taken.

Think the same responsibility is in order to notify of deals that are textbook, unlikely most would follow through, but if a standard of ethics were peer policed, say in this forum, with links to these threads, it would inevitably foster and environment where only reputable vendors/sellers dared grace these pages.

Why the Itrader ratings were abandoned, I don't know and doubt a rating system like ebay will ever be common on forums, plus there's significant data supporting the low percentage that report good reviews, while the opposite is true of unfavorable.

Using the tools that are in place, being this forum and links to threads contained therein, it would get the word out and the point across that there a higher accoutability demanded here.
I share your sentiment. One way to actively "police" these bad apples is to post a comment and a link to their bad seller thread into every thread these individuals start or contribute to on this forum. Basically calling them out on every thread they post in. That is the power of a forum like this.

Update.. I called my CC company, and they stated that my re-investigation claim was denied. That I signed the receipt (which I didnt) it was a phone transaction and the goods were given to me (which they werent). There was nothing more for them to do, only way I could get my money back was directly with the merchant. So I reached out to Shane, and as expected didnt answer his phone nor did he reply to my text asking him to get in touch with me ASAP.

SHANE OR SHANE"S friends @Red Sox Cruiser on here, I know your following this thread. YOU (SHANE) HAVE UNTIL MONDAY (APRIL 20) @ NOON EST. TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ME. IF NOT THEN I WILL BE FORCED TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU. YOU HAVE $1300 OF MY MONEY. IF YOU REALLY INTENDED TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT NOW IS THE TIME. HERE IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAR YOUR NAME.

Last edited:
So, the CC company says you signed the receipt; yet, you are the only one that can dispute a charge like this... How is this possible? So any scribble will do? What CC company is this? I want to avoid getting f'd by them.

HERE IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAR YOUR NAME.

While I hope that you get your money back I think it will take much more than that to clear his name. Unless you can find a pair of those rose tinted glasses that his fanboi's wear.

By no means a diversion from the titled topic, but sometimes when life deals you lemons, it takes a crowd of thirsty people to see that there's a possibility to turn to lemonade.

There's several companies in Australia that market, but it's not rocket science to spec and have covers repro'd, so may warrant further investigation to the south.

@FloridaFJ80 - I hope he contacts you... if not, this would be a great small claims court episode for Judge Judy...get Shane in front of millions of viewers.

Good luck!

There are more effective ways to get him in front of millions.

So, the CC company says you signed the receipt; yet, you are the only one that can dispute a charge like this... How is this possible? So any scribble will do? What CC company is this? I want to avoid getting f'd by them.

Thats what I was disputing, so if my signature was forged or whatever was scribbled on there its enough to say its a real transaction. What about all of my email documentation stating otherwise does that not mean anything. This is with Chase and I used my debit card.

By no means a diversion from the titled topic, but sometimes when life deals you lemons, it takes a crowd of thirsty people to see that there's a possibility to turn to lemonade.

There's several companies in Australia that market, but it's not rocket science to spec and have covers repro'd, so may warrant further investigation to the south.

There are some great companies that make excellent leather kits. I have them on the radar when I go down to Colombia.

I had a few things to say but most if them have already been covered.

Years ago I had a similar transaction issue ( luckily for less than $1300 ) and "my" CC company wouldn't stand behind me. I used that card to pay for most of the parts for my business. Told them they had one week to get my refund or I'd close my account. They rid nothing. So I closed my account and cut up that card. In the long run, that has cost them thousands .......

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

I had a few things to say but most if them have already been covered.

Years ago I had a similar transaction issue ( luckily for less than $1300 ) and "my" CC company wouldn't stand behind me. I used that card to pay for most of the parts for my business. Told them they had one week to get my refund or I'd close my account. They rid nothing. So I closed my account and cut up that card. In the long run, that has cost them thousands .......

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Unfortunately, they are now too big to care.

It is had to fathom that the CC company can't see the logic. if you say its not your sig, then its not your sig. Clearly, it is insanely easy to commit CC fraud with a card number and any old scribble will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom