Metal-Tech 2019 GROUP BUY for Bumpers and Sliders! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those wheels look great with the body color.
Yeah they’re not too bad! I hate chrome, but they don’t bother me. I’ll still probably end up painting them at some point, but I replaced all my lug nuts and ended up getting black so the chrome actually goes pretty well. And they’re stock wheels so I like the overall design well enough for now.

To install, just make sure the bump out is towards the rear...not complicated.

I get that and I have installed sliders before. I asked because the "L" slider doesn't look like it should go to the left side. What do "L" and "R" stand for? I don't want to waste my time painting them if they are not welded correctly.

Uhhh, def looks like you got two for the same side. Meaning someone else got two for the other side.

I get that and I have installed sliders before. I asked because the "L" slider doesn't look like it should go to the left side. What do "L" and "R" stand for? I don't want to waste my time painting them if they are not welded correctly.

View attachment 1980824

With the "plates" on top, and short side of the frame brackets down, those sure look like (2) passenger side sliders to me...

I agree, but they are both labeled "L".

Yeah someone slapped the L on the wrong side, mistakes happen when overloaded with demands, they were churning out 120 sliders so you got unlucky, contact them and i'm sure they'll rectify the issue.

I agree, but they are both labeled "L".

If I understand your previous posts, you received (4) pairs of sliders, each with a "R" and a "L" slider. The problem is that all of the "L" marked sliders look like they should go on the passenger side, correct?

Are the "R" marked sliders mirror images of the "L" marked sliders (look like they should be driver's side)?

Do the frame mounts seem to line up properly with "L" on passenger side and "R" on driver side?

Is it possible that they were marked by someone who is L/R challenged?

If I understand your previous posts, you received (4) pairs of sliders, each with a "R" and a "L" slider. The problem is that all of the "L" marked sliders look like they should go on the passenger side, correct?

Correct.

Are the "R" marked sliders mirror images of the "L" marked sliders (look like they should be driver's side)?

Without going into high tech, "R" marked sliders appear to be the mirror images of "L" marked sliders.

Do the frame mounts seem to line up properly with "L" on passenger side and "R" on driver side?

Don't know. Running boards are still on, so I didn't check.

Is it possible that they were marked by someone who is L/R challenged?

Anything is possible. May be they were built on 4/1/2019.

Mine (GX) delivered today!

It was all so fast in build and shipping (2 weeks faster than expected), so they're at a friend's for 2 moar weeks. 😲

But friend says mine are a pair. 👍

Psyched to get them prepped, finished, and installed!

download_20190521_195731.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 1980824

This photo shows two RIGHT sliders. Kickout is always to the back of the truck.

The markings you are looking on the legs are from the prep staff, the R and L have to do how they are prepared and compound cut. Legs to get that compound cut are all first cut as one part that is then cut again making two finished legs.

I used rustoleum automotive primer after cleaning them. Two coats. Then two coats of bed liner with texture. Then three coats of Sherwin Williams automotive color match. It actually more silver than the body in person, but it’s close enough for me now.

Installed! I had mine powder coated evo grey to match the trim and bumpers.

My install tip is to use some plastic spacers to set the gap between the body and slider. Keeps it consistent front to back and left to right. I had some left over from a pergo floor install.

Foreman inspecting the job:

239D51C7-D724-465D-97B8-C0DFDF7A333D.jpeg

BF51E455-9D67-4806-B39B-9AD762DAEC30.jpeg

4989A9A1-3C06-4815-AAA8-9B192E0F4E20.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom