Membership Exclusivity (1 Viewer)

do we allow membership of non-toyota owners?

• Yes

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Yes, but by review only.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're the club's token Jeep guy anyway. No way in hell are we ever gonna let you be a member. Although possesion is 9/10ths of the law (or however that goes).

My question was leaning less towards guys like John (a tried and true Jeeper) and more towards people who "are looking" for that truck and want to be a member.

RUSH55 said:
That must tell ya that we're a bunch of cool cats to hang out and go wheeling with.

I think that about sums up our feeling after the last outings........ Claudia

BMAN said:
My question was leaning less towards guys like John (a tried and true Jeeper) and more towards people who "are looking" for that truck and want to be a member.

Hey BMAN,

So what kind of membership time frame were you thinking about giving someone who is "looking" for a LC / Toyota to buy, to the time they finally make a purchase?

Would they hold all rights in the club before their purchase or would they have limited rights in what goes on in conjunction with club business?

Just wondering what your thoughts on this are amigo, and how you see this working?

Cantinero

Cantinero said:
Hey BMAN,

So what kind of membership time frame were you thinking about giving someone who is "looking" for a LC / Toyota to buy, to the time they finally make a purchase?

Would they hold all rights in the club before their purchase or would they have limited rights in what goes on in conjunction with club business?

Just wondering what your thoughts on this are amigo, and how you see this working?

Cantinero

Hadn't thought about "limiting" the time frame at all. I looked for my 40 for about 18 months before I found it. I surfed Mud and Pirate like mad every day looking for the right truck. I talked with tons of people online before making my decision. I attended an AZLCA meeting in hopes of finding direction, I did not, and probably would've attempted to join them had I found value in their organization at the time.

I would assume limited rights to an extent but really what rights do we have as a club member today that any other non-member doesn't have? A club permit and a free shirt and sticker. If someone wanted to drop the coin would we tell them that they can't buy one of our stickers or shirts cause they're not a member? I would hope not. Access to the Club library of DVD's and or manuals (This doesn't yet exist and is in the infancy stage of brainstorming).

Club business wise we pretty much take a vote at a meeting and make it so. No actual ballots are used and I haven't yet made sure that every person voicing their opinion at our meetings is a paid member. We all brainstorm and make a decision from there. Will it change in the future? Maybe. Should it? Probably.

Expect more questions in the following weeks as I get this thing together.

Cantinero said:
I think as it goes we are broader then most "Cruiser" clubs in allowing any make Toyota. Mind you I am not a snob by any means and that is why I made my choice to join this club instead of AZLCA. I liked the Toyota format loosely followed with the land cruiser core.

The AzLCA permits non-Cruiser models as members. Ahmet was a member when he only had a Pickup. He now owns an 80. The AzLCA is discussing the same thing.

My suggestion was:

Toyota/Lexus-only
2-spd T-case
No 100-series

For the slightly different CSC Club I'd suggest eliminating the 2-spd T-case. Why? The CSC is so active on the MUD site and they do many various runs (unlike the AzLCA who runs monthly). There are plently of places a RAV4 could go with the CSC.

You know me...I run with Rovers, Jeeps, whatever. I luv a variety of rigs. As far as membership though...Toy/Lex only is my preference.

Damn.... I thought it was a good idea.

BMAN said:
Damn.... I thought it was a good idea.

I didn't say it wasn't a great idea, just that it libel to get messy, what with all the whinin and cryin and slippin in the spilled coffee and cheese and I would probably get stuck doing it!;p

Tools R Us said:
I didn't say it wasn't a great idea, just that it libel to get messy, what with all the whinin and cryin and slippin in the spilled coffee and cheese and I would probably get stuck doing it!;p

Thats alright Kevin, if you need a little muscle with the 100's I got your back. Better yet we can plant the seed that starbucks is pulling out of AZ and that might just be enough to send them packing.:grinpimp:

I would say Toyota only (including pink pantie rigs for tool and I). Like most have said I have no problem with others coming to functions and runs. I guess I just feel that part of the reason I sought out CSC was that i wanted to join a cruiser club...not just a 4x4 club. That's just my small .02. for way it's worth.

Many great points all ready posted. Like the steeekers says we are all about Toyotas - this should be a requirement for membership -

However donations are always welcome and encouraged :)

I am not brand specific for wheeling, but it does bring me comfort to know that there is at least one rig like mine on the trails for parts and or knowledgeable repairs:D

Last edited:
Double post much? :flipoff2:

How about 4x4 Toyota only and no wheelbases over 95"?...................................

:eek:

No?

:frown:

:eek:

:grinpimp: :D :grinpimp: :D :grinpimp: :D

Just kidding;p

Really it should just be 4x4 Toyotas with 2 doors.................
:whoops:

Sorry I guess I have wagon envy being the token 40 guy at the meeting most of the time.

BMAN said:
Hadn't thought about "limiting" the time frame at all. I looked for my 40 for about 18 months before I found it. I surfed Mud and Pirate like mad every day looking for the right truck. I talked with tons of people online before making my decision. I attended an AZLCA meeting in hopes of finding direction, I did not, and probably would've attempted to join them had I found value in their organization at the time.

I would assume limited rights to an extent but really what rights do we have as a club member today that any other non-member doesn't have? A club permit and a free shirt and sticker. If someone wanted to drop the coin would we tell them that they can't buy one of our stickers or shirts cause they're not a member? I would hope not. Access to the Club library of DVD's and or manuals (This doesn't yet exist and is in the infancy stage of brainstorming).

Club business wise we pretty much take a vote at a meeting and make it so. No actual ballots are used and I haven't yet made sure that every person voicing their opinion at our meetings is a paid member. We all brainstorm and make a decision from there. Will it change in the future? Maybe. Should it? Probably.

Expect more questions in the following weeks as I get this thing together.

BMAN

Thanks for answering a few of my questions. I know that we don't have exclusive rights yet as members, and I do like the informality of this club. Is it going to change in the future? Probably so as membership grows. It is inevitable. I think all of us know this deep down, but to what degree do we become structured? I enjoy kicking it with you guys on a monthly basis, and when I finally take care of my transfer case & tie rod issues I will join you on a trail run. I have supported this club since joining and even sponsored the screens for the new hoodys and long sleeved shirts. The reason I joined our group was that it was LC based and I think we should continue down that road. I am more then OK with the Toyota format as well.

I know the questions I asked do not yet have a bearing on this club, but the more structured we become they will, and answers will be needed. Club bylaws are a reality and will hopefully be for the good of this club and it's members when they do happen. We all have a say in this as we take our first steps in this direction as this club grows. I have no doubt in any of the individuals I have met in this group that, these things will come to pass unnoticed, and that this group will remain a fun and energetic club once bylaws are set into place. I am glad to see that you, BMAN, as our club president are looking at all the possibilities in the way our club should grow and evolve. It shows your open mindedness to all people and their beliefs and the many directions this club could take. I commend and support you for that. Salud mi amigo!:cheers:

Cantinero said:
I am glad to see that you, BMAN, as our club president are looking at all the possibilities in the way our club should grow and evolve. It shows your open mindedness to all people and their beliefs and the many directions this club could take. I commend and support you for that. Salud mi amigo!:cheers:

Brown-noser! :flipoff2:

MaddBaggins said:
Brown-noser! :flipoff2:

Ehh, your just upset 'cause I beat you to it. Besides how else am I going to become a club officer one day if I dont start laying my political ground work now? You've already locked up your spot.:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Cantinero said:
Ehh, your just upset 'cause I beat you to it. Besides how else am I going to become a club officer one day if I dont start laying my political ground work now? You've already locked up your spot.:flipoff2:

Yea, Mr. Baggins has his position locked up down in S. AZ alright. Mr. Brown-nose, I mean Mr. Baggins has been plotting, I mean planning his rise to power for a long time.:D

Ross

Orginally posted by Tools R Us but to be a member you must own or intending to buy a Toyota vehicle with a factory 2-speed transfer case that you intend to wheel.

Dam I guess that leaves Landcruisersteve and myself out. All this time I thought I had the real deal now I find out I don't:rolleyes: For those of you that don't know the FJ25s only have a single speed transfer with a granny four speed.:)

I'm not a member and didn't vote, but would have voted Toyota only if I was.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom