Membership Exclusivity (1 Viewer)

do we allow membership of non-toyota owners?

• Yes

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Yes, but by review only.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living in the Past said:
Dam I guess that leaves Landcruisersteve and myself out. All this time I thought I had the real deal now I find out I don't:rolleyes: For those of you that don't know the FJ25s only have a single speed transfer with a granny four speed.:)

I'm not a member and didn't vote, but would have voted Toyota only if I was.

John

:whoops: , we need to make an allowance for the often overlooked FJ25 guys! Not that it matters in your case, IIRC you have rigs that qualify if you decide to join. :D

We need bylaws and some structure to have a good club, but my hope and vision is for them to be used as a relatively loose guideline, I don't think we need ironclad laws on how to park at Sonic!:D

Last edited:
A cut and paste job from the TLCA bylaws;

MEMBERSHIP

A. Membership is open to families that own Toyota Motor Corporation manufactured four wheel drive vehicles.

1. CSC reserves the right to deny membership based on any reason not in violation of any Federal, State or Local law.

B. Individual Members: individual owner and/or operator and that person's immediate family.

Tools R Us said:
:whoops: , we need to make an allowance for the often overlooked FJ25 guys! Not that it matters in your case, IIRC you have rigs that qualify if you decide to join. :D

We need bylaws and some structure to have a good club, but my hope and vision is for them to be used as a relatively loose guideline, I don't think we need ironclad laws on how to park at Sonic!:D

What does IIRC mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I Remember Correctly.

ink that in - guess that would be A-B-C :D

Tools R Us said:
A cut and paste job from the TLCA bylaws;

MEMBERSHIP

A. Membership is open to families that own Toyota Motor Corporation manufactured four wheel drive vehicles.

1. CSC reserves the right to deny membership based on any reason not in violation of any Federal, State or Local law.

B. Individual Members: individual owner and/or operator and that person's immediate family.

desertdude said:
ink that in - guess that would be A-B-C :D

The formating was lost in the cut and paste.

1. CSC reserves the right to deny membership based on any reason not in violation of any Federal, State or Local law.​

For you we need a "C";

C. Significant other sharing the same domicile.

:grinpimp:

I believe that this club needs to remain a purist club of cruiser owners. This allows for synergy in the group, and keeps all subjects related to the vehicles we choose to wheel. When we start allowing other vehicles to join we are diluting the club into just another 4X4 club, which there are many in AZ. I also believe that any vehicle should be welcomed to join our runs, it’s fun to see other vehicles at work within their limits. I have a group of Jeepers that I met while out wheeling by myself one day. Great guys, they are amazed with what a cruiser can do and call me regularly to go wheeling with them. However, I don’t believe they should be members of the club with voting rights.

On the subject of membership, postings, and voting rights. This is a club with dues, therefore, if someone wants to interact, vote, set direction through opinion, etc. they should be a member; it’s only $20 bucks for crying out loud.

Copper State Cruisers - All the fun of college. None of the education. ... this is a very big idea my friends. We're talking about a non-exclusive egalitarian brotherhood where community status and more importantly age have no bearing whatsoever.

I am not a member yet, but, I hope to be able to join at the pot luck. If that is not going to be possible please let me know.

I was going to try to join in October when I began actively looking for a cruiser. I knew I would get one when the right one came around. I think that if someone is willing to pay to join a club that they at least should have the intention to have a vehicle that the club surrounds. Sometimes, people will join a specific club while looking for a vehicle so they may learn about that vehicle.

My vote: Yes by review

:cheers:
Dave

Tools R Us said:
The formating was lost in the cut and paste.

:grinpimp:

If a cruiser has a SBC in it is it still a "Toyota Motor Corporation manufactured four wheel drive vehicle"? Or does owning a rock buggy with a 40 series grill and no other Toyota parts count as a "Toyota Motor Corporation manufactured four wheel drive vehicle"?

Just trying to muddy the water. :D

To me if it looks like a cruise it counts....ie rock crawlers with cruiser front ends...:D

I don't think this has been a problem yet has it????

i know the discussion has sort of tapered off on this, but i thought i might post up anyway.

the name of the club (at least what is on the logo) is Copper State Cruisers - Toyota 4x4 Club - Arizona. i think that leaves some room for interpretation. is the 'Cruisers' part referring to 'LandCruisers', or 'Cruising' in the action sense (that jeep came out cruising with us)? also, if the issue is allowing non-toyota owners, what about allowing non-Arizona residents? the logo says 'Arizona', but more than one active member has residences outside of AZ as well. what if cruiserdan or kurt at cruiser outfitters wanted to join up because they are a cool vendor and support our cause but dont live in AZ?

i think more than trying to answer the question 'should we allow non-toyota owners in the club', the question should be posed as 'what kind of club are we trying to be'? if that is clearly defined, then knowing who does and does not meet that requirement will be easier.

with all of that said, based on how the club actually operates, i think the club should allow anyone who wants to join. if someone enjoys wheeling and wrenching and has gone to the trouble to search out the club and part with their cash, then they are showing just as much commitment to the club as anyone else. and if the rule is '...or looking to buy...' a toyota, that could effectively include anyone anyway, so they just bypass the rules via loopholes anyway. (i have '...been looking to buy...' a landcruiser since i was 12 years old and learned to drive in my dad's old fj40, but it took me almost 15 years to actually do it). anyone that cares about offroading and hanging out with liked minded people is a friend of the CSC, whether they own a landcruiser or just in spirit.

oh, and in the name of full disclosure, let state that i am not (yet) a CSC member (membership application mailed out today).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom