Builds Meet Phoenix aka Zombie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Following for sure. Great job so far. I don't know what it is, but I love watching old stuff get invigorated. Yeah, it's just plastic, metal, and rubber; but once all back together it's pretty freakin' cool. Perhaps it's the ever lasting drive to live forever, not sure, but it's awfully satisfying. Yes, I may have had a few glasses of rum - no judging, this is the safe place, right?

Best of luck.

Following for sure. Great job so far. I don't know what it is, but I love watching old stuff get invigorated. Yeah, it's just plastic, metal, and rubber; but once all back together it's pretty freakin' cool. Perhaps it's the ever lasting drive to live forever, not sure, but it's awfully satisfying. Yes, I may have had a few glasses of rum - no judging, this is the safe place, right?

Best of luck.
Well said, I think that's what drives us all to bring these back from the brink.

2 pretty solid days of scrubbing and dismantling...it's ready to make its way into the garage.

IMG_7808.JPG

IMG_7814.JPG

IMG_7820.JPG

IMG_7821.JPG

You sir are a lucky man. Set her straight... she look like a great truck!

Last edited:
Is that your blue 60 also? Progress is looking good. I hope the mechanical side of things treat you well. That looks like minor Cali rust not east coast cancer.
Yeah, that's my first entry into this madness. I wish I had done a build thread on it.
I wasn't happy to find the rust on the pillar under the dirt but its not bad. Overall I'm happy with the exterior.
This was my first find under the hood making my way to the plugs...

IMG_7855.JPG

You sir are a lucky man. Set her straight... she look like a great truck!
We will know in the next day or two about the motor, going to check the plugs tonight and maybe get a look under the valve cover.

Now I understand why you jumped back in. I feel if I did another 60 it would be much easier the next time. I have the sickness also, of cruising around looking for another. The pain from the first 60 resurrection has gone away and I think I'm ready for another:confused:.

Got the valve cover off, seemed like a good amount of work more than the 2F. Granted my 2F is desmogged for now, have a year to resmog, but I don't see ever getting close to my valve cover off times. It's really cool though how the systems are similar. I'm excited to learn how all this works together.

Removed
Air Cleaner Top and all Air Intake Hoses and attached air hoses, left Air Pump hose attached to pump and swung out of the way.
Air Flow Sensor Connector
Air Cleaner Box, figured the three bolts were worth not having to deal with it in the way
Vacuum lines off Charcoal Canister VCV, removed large line Y from the spaghetti too, left S attached to spaghetti
Just swung all small vacuum lines over onto heater control valve
PCV hose completely
Brake booster line from intake
3 coolant hard line bolts
14 mm nuts

Had to lift up to clear studs, go back to clear the spaghetti, get the front up, swing it out toward passenger side, got the rear lip passed the coolant line, and kind of pulled forward and rolled it out.

This isn't my original order I did things, I didn't remove the hoses from the intake or spaghetti or the 3 coolant hardline bolts the first time I tried to lift it off.

I'm hoping if you guys see things that could be done better or more efficiently, or just have suggestions you will chime in. My feelings don't get hurt. The only thing that got my 60 to where it is now, is this forum. I take a huge amount of pride knowing I have owned it for almost 8 years, put over 60,000 miles on it, and never once took it to a shop, basketcase to now. I don't know if I can take this one all the way, it's an unexpected thing. Single dad and I have a Senior this year. But there's just something about these machines. The lines and smart engineering. I couldn't let it rot away in a field. I brought a kitten home that someone had abandoned by our shop, told myself just until it was healthy and my business partner would take it...that F'er is 25 lbs now and taking a bath in my living room.. dammit!

Cheers :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom