May Wheeling (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let's GOOOOO !!!!

Wheeling days are the best days. See you all at the park shortly.

Great seeing everyone today! Stosh Jr. and I had a great time wheeling with you all. Waiting with bated breath for the day's summary @Catskills ! 😁

Here's a couple pics of @Cass007 during his daring descent of @Pacer hill after lunch!
IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7241 - Copy.jpg

Stosh Jr. at the wheel
IMG_20220514_110046356_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Great seeing everyone today! Stosh Jr. and I had a great time wheeling with you all. Waiting with bated breath for the day's summary @Catskills ! 😁

Here's a couple pics of @Cass007 during his daring descent of @Pacer hill after lunch!
View attachment 3008821
View attachment 3008822
Stosh Jr. at the wheel
View attachment 3008823

😬

Will pics suffice for now? Had such a great time, even tho we missed the eastern reserve!

Great day, great people and a wide assortment of trucks. Hoping my front sway bar mounts are an easy fix.

I uploaded what pics I had to the album.

Thanks for the pics and videos I really enjoyed them. It was quite the eclectic group of Toyotas at least compared to our more usual groups. I've been out to the whaleback a few times but never much further and never on the other (left headed away from 125) side of the East property. I know the west side pretty well but I'm a bit at sea on the east property.

I drove down on Friday night and it was fun to spot Sean on 81!

Anthracite was very busy on Saturday. At first it seemed like a lot of Jeeps but once we got lined up we found we had some mystery trucks line up alongside us.

Turns out this weekend was the East Coast 4Runner Jamboree (and an FJ Cruiser event?
Not sure if they were part of the 4R thing and don't feel like researching it) so some folks who fell in with us were not Mudders and had not heard of Keystone. Randy, the PA gentleman who led yesterday, drove a white 1st gen 4R, and Nick drove a Tundra.

So we headed out: Cass in his 80, Sean and his boys in his 100, Stan and Stan Jr. in their 80, @StinkyPig and his friend in his Taco, Nick and Randy, and I rode with @Pacer in his 62.

We thought that the western reserve might have been a little less crowded, so that's where we went first.

We took green trails out to the Whaleback, hung out for a bit, then did a couple of the blue trails on the southernmost part of the property. I was excited to drive the 62, which I found to be a much more comfortable, cushy ride than my 100 (👀) but the trail looked to be getting narrower so I wanted to revert to riding shotgun again.

Following Randy, we came around a turn, over a few boulders, then lost power steering, so @Pacer wrestled the truck up the rest of the trail without it.

Nick skipped the blues in his Tundra and was waiting for us at the end of the trail, and then we took some greens back toward the exit.

These blues had a very different character than the ones closer to the entrance on the western, which are probably what Rausch would consider blacks.

Randy wanted to lead us up a hill climb, and took the right side, telling Pacer that that was easier. Pacer took the left side and that was going fine until it wasn't. Stan assisted the rest of the hill climb.

I want to say everyone in our group took turns running that hill successfully while we lunched at the top of the hill, where Cass assured everyone that Pacer was "just being dramatic."

From there, we returned to the parking lot to regroup. Aaron, Sean and I were headed out, while Cass, Randy, @StinkyPig , Nick, and I think Stan went on to explore the eastern reserve.

Great group and we really lucked out with the weather.

Back at Twin Grove, we saw a beautiful HJ61 from NJ and Pacer chatted with the driver for a bit. He was with the FJ Cruiser guys.

Great to see you guys and hoping to get the 80 out soon so Cass quits busting my balls.

Missed you @Crusha and Gary and man, Gary, I really hope that this write-up is acceptable to you.

Penguin on Fire-- fantastic pics! I added @paflytyer to the photo album; he might be interested in your pics for Toyota Trails.

Thanks for the write up @Catskills . Great job, and I'm sure you made @shmukster proud!

For the record, Stosh Jr. and I decided to bail out and head home rather than hit the eastern property. Gotta save some fun for next time!

All,
It was another excellent day of wheeling and great to see some of you again and meet the new folks as well! Thank you for your awesomeness...I added a few images in the link...first day with a new camera.

I gotta start paying more attention to this clubhouse. Looks like we'll be moving my mother to CT in July, and while I won't ever be driving from NC to CT, I'll probably leave a truck at her current place in VA until we sell it later in the year, so that opens me up for some PA action again. Not sure how often I'll be able to wheel up there once I no longer have the VA space.

I won't be making CMCC this year. That's probably move weekend.

I gotta start paying more attention to this clubhouse. Looks like we'll be moving my mother to CT in July, and while I won't ever be driving from NC to CT, I'll probably leave a truck at her current place in VA until we sell it later in the year, so that opens me up for some PA action again. Not sure how often I'll be able to wheel up there once I no longer have the VA space.

Where in CT?

Trumbull is right next to shelton where i live. Bring your cruiser here , ill take care of it. Lol

Would love to see ya, JV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom