May Long Weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let's see, Traci + kids. Ok, I couldn't describe it.

Big Bar has a VERY VERY long beach with lots of trees in between one end to the other.Traci, can't guarantee that we wouldn't totally not hear them but we wouldn't see or smell them.

Coastal Cruisers is a FAMILY ORIENTED organization and kids are welcome!

Traci: there is lots of room slightly downstream from us.
We love you and want you with us.
~Bill
P.S. My grandson and I camped right beside Traci last year at Whipsaw, and she was a gracious host!

I purpose that we have an adult only site, for those of us that perfer not to have over active screaming munchkins running around at our feet.The site at the opposite end of the beach is quite a nice spot.

We can allow dogs at the adult only site.

Oh come on Jeff, I'll let you ride in my truck.

We can allow dogs at the adult only site.

woofpup.gif

Orojo S. Pup
woofpup.gif

At our Coastal Cruiser meeting tonight, we decided that Big Bar is NOT the ideal location with the river running so high. We now are going to Churn Creek, about 30 kilometres north of Big Bar. I'll be writing a report on the meeting soon.
~Bill

COASTAL CRUISER MEETING MAY 10, 2007

Several members met as usual at the Golden Spike for dinner, a quiet pub that night with no hockey game. The meeting got underway after 8:00 pm with the following members present:
Jim & Lindsay C, Mike McT, Mike N, Jeff S, Greg VanT, Justin VanH, Steve T, Gary T, Phil S, Kim R, Rob M, Rob C, Martin C, Drew E, Jan H, Chris H, Wayne I, Paul K, Rod McD, Dan M, & Bill W.

-Item 1 was the May Long Weekend trip. Because there is some concern re the flooding Fraser River, we decided to abandon Big Bar this year and instead, go to Churn Creek Protected area, which is about 30 Kilometres north of Big Bar. A basic map will be posted here this coming week but it is no substitute for a good map book. The general directions to get to Churn Creek are as follows:
you drive past Clinton on Highway 97 for approximately 7 kilometres and bear left at Meadow Lake FSR and follow the signs all the way to the Gang Ranch bridge over the Fraser. You will pass Canoe Creek Indian Reservation on the way and the name of the road changes to Canoe Creek Road and Fraser-Canoe Road. In any case, you head in the direction of the Gang Ranch. You cross the suspension bridge, loop around uphill to the right and at that point, instead of going right toward the Gang Ranch, you instead go left, downstream, along the river, across the wooden Churn Creek bridge, and soon you will see our CC sign and yellow tape marker.
Members leaving Thursday are Rod McD, Steve T, Craig E, and others.
Members leaving Friday are Barry P, Chris H, Aaron K, Phil S, Bill W, Gary T, and others.
Take warm clothes because we will hit snow in the higher elevations.
Above all, keep the kids well away from the river banks, the wet sand is treacherous.

-ITEM 2 was the Cruiser Days prep. We have enough T-shirts without printing more. The food service is still to be arranged, Rob M is on it. Marcin made a great job of posters and several members are distributing them. If you can also distribute them, contact Steve T at his shop. We need to ask Toyota dealers and others re volunteering prizes. Steve is also looking into making up dash plaques for visiting Cruisers. Also, Bill is looking into a certificate type award for best and also most rusty Cruisers. Now that most planning is done, it is up to members to pitch in and publicize our event to get a good turn out. Get involved!

-ITEM 3 was the 4WDABC motion and most member present voted in favour of rejoining them as a club membership. Details are to be arranged after discussions with Steve Dillen.

-ITEM 4 Several members (5), with overdue CC fees did pay at the meeting, however I have now reluctantly deleted 8 who don’t attend meetings or contact us regarding their intentions. If any of those wish to re-instate themselves, contact Bill W.

-ITEM 5 was the raffle. Many thanks to Rob C for donating the wheeling DVDs and also to Rod McD for donating the stereo unit. First winner was Rod McD and he walked with the power inverter and cash to buy next month’s prizes. Wayne won the solar panel battery charger. Drew won the steel mallet and small tool kit. Mike McT won big by scoring the rolling tool cart, a soft drink cooler, detail solution, and a DVD. Paul K took the stereo and small battery charger, while Steve T took the rubber mallet, Kim the fire extinguisher, and the rest of the DVDs were taken by Jeff S, Mike N, Aaron, and Phil.

The meeting broke up about 10:00 pm and a few members stayed to watch wheel’n videos on Drew’s laptop. Outside, the passing freight trains rattled the shop and, over at the billiard hall, the balls just kept roll’n; like we will next weekend! See you all at Churn Creek – BE THERE!

~Bill

is this a tent trailer friendly road ?

Pavement and gravel to base camp.

Rod: Change of plans. Meet at Steve's house at 8 on Thurs. He's riding with me.

knew that.

hey guys i will be without a c.b. this trip, any suggestions besides buying one?
it looks like it will be only me taking the 78 so i have 2-3 seats open if they dont mind riding or pushing the prado, he he ha ha cough laugh
aaron

hey guys i will be without a c.b. this trip, any suggestions besides buying one?
aaron

Buy one?

I can take look for my old portable hand held, cigarette plug, telescoping mag mount emergency unit - if I can find it you're welcome to borrow it. Slightly better than nothing...

Doesn't look like I'll be going. I know, you're all shocked :hillbilly:

Here is the map for our Churn Creek Campsite. It is no substitue for a good map book.
Canadian Tire has a sale on map books this week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom