May Long Weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just looked at my maps and "nope". I remember I wanted to head up that way one year but we couldn't find anything. Chinahead, Blackdome and a couple of other mountains are between Big Bar and Churn Creek.

OK, that's what I guessed. I'm still not sure which way I'm going, it depends on Gary T and whether we are going up there together or separately on Friday the 18th. If Mike McT were to come, we could let him beat/cut a trail through!

So Criag, you still thinkin thurs. the 17th? I was thinkin early A.M.

Yup. I work Wed night. I'll get home at 7:20. I should be packed and ready to go by 8am.

Are you thinking of going the backway to Hope? If so, you want to meet at Coquitlam Centre like before?

Sounds great Craig.Stop for breakfast?

See you Craig and anyone else who wants to go on Thurs at 8 am May 17th at Coquitlum Center.

hi guys i am getting the prado ready for the trip since we kinda lost our 74 thanks TRISH
that was last weekend she is much better now. I will post the reckage soon.
Anyways some close friends of mine Blake from Portland and his sister Natalie from Tofino
will be meeting me in VAN early friday afternoon to make the Clinton ferry before 700 pm
see yous on thursday
aaron

Big Bar

Chris H and myself are heading to BIG BAR on Friday 18 th, He is bringing his 2 boys along to keep the adults in check. I dont think we will be leaving until 10 ish, Can't make the meeting on the 10 because some of us are still working. See you all at BB. Barry

Here are the radio frequencies for the May 18-21 Big Bar trip:
Cruiser CB channel 4
Cruiser VHF 146.4000 MHz

Emergency Clinton RCMP frequencies: 143.1850 , 149.1100 , 149.2600 , 149.6800.
Clinton Amateur repeater 147.0000 VE7 LIM

For Churn Creek area, try same frequencies. Also Dog Creek Redimix 164.19 MHz.
Gang Ranch highways 143.4450 MHz.

~Bill

Big Bar Ferry
ROUTE: Across the Fraser River, 72 kilometres west of Clinton. (An aerial tramway for passengers only—operates when water is low or icy).

DAILY SCHEDULE:
On demand 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
(except noon - 1:00 p.m. and
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.)

CROSSING TIME: 10 minutes

CAPACITY: 2 vehicles – 12 passengers

CONTACT INFORMATION:
General Enquiries: 1 800 842-4122
Fax: 250 395-3092

Aaron: Remember it's about a 6hr drive to the ferry. So I wouldn't doddle along the way. If you don't make the last ferry and get there just a little late, go up to his house (dog in yard) and ask him very politely if you can get across. If not camp on the side of the road (not middle) and catch one of the first morning ones. He's also closed between 5 and 6pm for supper.

Barry and Chris: NO soccer balls! ;)

One year I missed the last ferry by about half an hour.I ended up drinking a six pack in my truck watching the fire and marriment on the other side of the river.

ummmmmmmmmm...

what is the child to space ratio going to be? I count four coming so far.

:crybaby:

Child to space ratio?

Well, I'm trying to get a little time off for this trip and if I'm successful, I'll double that ratio.

:)

I might bring both kids
Tony has two boys and he's trying to come if all goes well
Ken has four kids but only two seats, so he's not sure if he's going to bring any of them at this time
It's a good family trip, no dangerous wheeling, lots of space for the kids to play, and it's not too hot either
Soccer balls might last longer in the top area with the cactus and cow poo

Steve, quit scaring Traci. She might not go if she thinks it's going to be day care. I guess this means you won't be riding with me. What day are you going up then?

Traci <snip> might not go if <snip> it's going to be day care.

Come on Craig, "might"? You know me better than that.

For those of you who DON'T know me... this is a big deal. I require a very, very, very, very, very, very... ad nauseum ... HUGE child buffer.:flipoff2:

Anyone up for a second "adult only" camp somewhere else (how far away is Churn Creek? will I still be able to hear them?), since the Big Bar Day Care will be so highly occupied?

DISCLAIMER: I am CERTAIN that Bill is going to post that the Coastal Cruisers is a FAMILY ORIENTED organization and kids are welcome. This is all true.

It's just ME that is against them. :grinpimp:

I'm pretty slow but I am starting to get the impression that some might not want kids around them.

Is this so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom