May Long Weekend

I understand from Allstone and Greg that you guys do a Big Bar trip for the May long weekend. I would like to come along if you don't mind a non-cruiser along. I've never been in that neck of the woods.
I'm self sufficient, well prepared for longer trips and at times quite helpful to have along.

waddaya think,

ham

Where are we planning on going May long? I could read past minutes I guess, but i know how much you all like to post.

I am a definite maybe where ever we are going. Between work and that life thing, well, you know.

Ham:
You are welcome to join us for Big Bar as long as your rig is trail worthy and you drive safely. We will be camping down at the Fraser River and hopefully climbing up to China Head Mountain which will probably have quite a bit of snow. Decent tires are a must on the slippery clay based mountain switchbacks. If you have tire chains they might come in handy in the snow. I bring a jerry can of fuel, although nearby Dog Creek has a gas station, open for limited hours on a long weekend.
~Bill

IM looking forward to going, even if the fraser floods im still going. the city or New Westmister is already putting sand bags around the QUAY
aaron

Big Bar it is.I've taken the 17th-23rd off.My plan is to head up in the early am hours of the 17th.

I'm going up Friday morning, the 18th, via Whistler (if road is open), Duffy Lake, Lillooet, Pavillion, Kelly Lake.
One word of caution, the river will be high and children should stay away from the riverbanks at the campsite.
~Bill

With the amount of water in the snow, the record snow packs in the north...if Mother Nature does not play nice then I wonder if the ferry and campsite will even be an option. I say still plan for it to happen there, but perhaps the club might consider a back up location, in case levels are very high, and the melt is in full effect.

gb

Greg: Back up location? I thought you Cruiser guys could walk on water. ;)

Rod: Thursday the 17th? I might be able to go then too.

hamberger: If your a gaser, bring 2 5gal jerry cans.

To all: If the water gets that high, the ferry may not be running. If it's not, I suggest we keep going to Churn Creek.

With the amount of water in the snow, the record snow packs in the north...if Mother Nature does not play nice then I wonder if the ferry and campsite will even be an option. I say still plan for it to happen there, but perhaps the club might consider a back up location, in case levels are very high, and the melt is in full effect.

gb

VERY GOOD POINT

O.K. Looks like I'll join the Friday afternoon crew. I'll keep my eyes on this thread and figure out the best way to join up with you. I am in Cloverdale.
Thanx for letting me tag along.

ham

count me in and would it be ok if i brought my freind who has a lifted truck also( its not yota )

Of course!The more the marryer.We don't discriminate against people who aren't wise enough to own a Cruiser.We just don't let them hang and drink beer with us on the second Thursday of the month.

nice Rod ....i like that answer......does that mean he has to camp out at the opposite end of our camp site to.....

Of course!We don't don't want our 4 wheelin gods infected with some kind of domestic virus!

Churn Creek to the north of Big Bar is an excellent alternative. It has the Gang Ranch bridge way up high over the Fraser and places like last year to camp...plan B. We'll just have to wait until a few days prior to the trip and make a decision at that time. It'll be a good one, no worry.

Website
www.flickr.com
Ded Reer? an entertaining little place, have fun. I should be able to make it, I would plan to do a Friday thing as well, the more time I can spend away from the city the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom