Marilee’s Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We bought some barely used stereo stuff from a good friend, some really nice Kicker stuff, and the box showed up today. I went to get a knife to cut the box tape, but when I arrived she had found a lag bolt and was primitively ripping the box open with the bolt. Hahaha!!! Her alpine stereo is here too. The whole entryway of our house is full of boxes of parts for her 80. Not fair, my build took years.

109D9E33-3AEC-46A8-AD0B-E2398BA2D40C.jpeg
0E3CD183-5F2E-4461-AA74-B299B4923160.jpeg

We bought some barely used stereo stuff from a good friend, some really nice Kicker stuff, and the box showed up today. I went to get a knife to cut the box tape, but when I arrived she had found a lag bolt and was primitively ripping the box open with the bolt. Hahaha!!! Her alpine stereo is here too. The whole entryway of our house is full of boxes of parts for her 80. Not fair, my build took years.

View attachment 2596695View attachment 2596696
I am so crazy LUCKY!!!!! 🍀

Last edited:
That’s going to be so sweet! I’ve got all my radio stuff ready to put in the cruiser and it’s always exciting to get great sound going! Love the sub I can see in the box!!!

I got my front seats from ACE Upholstery yesterday! I will post pics later. Also got Lizard Skin 🦎, more KilMat, new roll of padding for underneath the carpet, new shocks, springs, bushings, and of course my new sterio, speakers, amp, sub (all Kicker)!!!!! I want it all put in NOW! LOL. It’s tough to have all this super awesome stuff and have to wait any longer. I’m ready to drive it! I must name my 80! I’m ready. So ready to drive it...did I mention that?!?!? Blahahhaaa

Last edited:
I don't usually like the brown color on cruisers, but you fricking "knocked that one out of the park!" with the color scheme and the toyota color format. It looks really good.

Been thinking about monstaliner at some point, but I think that paint scheme in maybe slightly different colors would look better.

Anyways, great thread, keep up the "tip fricking top" work!

I don't usually like the brown color on cruisers, but you fricking "knocked that one out of the park!" with the color scheme and the toyota color format. It looks really good.

Been thinking about monstaliner at some point, but I think that paint scheme in maybe slightly different colors would look better.

Anyways, great thread, keep up the "tip fricking top" work!
Wow! Thank you so much! All custom colors and patterns and stuff. I don’t like the wheels. I picked them before the paint. They don’t match the style. But thanks. I’m trying and learning so much from Kelly

More work! Lizard Skin, KilMat, stereo stuff, and Kelly built me a bracket for my kicker Amp! I have several cuts on my hands today, a broken fingernail below the skin. Ugggg. But things are coming together!!!

7CD2C99D-22AA-4368-97A6-AC0749917EBE.jpeg

91619683-2CD9-4C10-AC79-0149685CA9E7.jpeg

6C052017-9D5D-45D3-B937-21DD7CBC2EA8.jpeg

A85D64C4-B2CF-4646-8344-8B20749287F3.jpeg

279EF311-38B3-4863-B528-C6E7E8D0AF06.jpeg

Last edited:
What were those odd components in post #206. You're holding 1 and it looks like it could be a speaker, but I'm not sure. Oh, crossovers maybe?

Look what Kelly painted! He hand painted the stripes on the center cap!

Congratulations on a well done project overall, and a thumbs up for determination and dedication in the face of adversity on multiple levels!

Personally, reading this thread massively reinforced what I learned in the time when we had a '61 Buick in the fleet:

I will never ever do bodywork, ever again. No way.
(except maybe a specific paint scheme if that rock crawler I have in mind ever materializes in my driveway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom