Magma Stainless Steel Cookware (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Magma is great stuff and even better if you can get it on a deal.

The ebay one is the 7 piece. The $150 one is the 10 piece. Basically you get an extra pot.

What makes this set is the handles. They are solid. Good set.

D'oh! I see that now. The 10-piece adds two more pots and a second handle. Well worth the extra bucks.

These are sweet, nice enough to use inside.

Make sure you buy the optional omelet pan too, it is worth the extra $$$ just for it.
I have two.
One pan is always in the set in my chuckbox, and I use the other one in the home whenever I cook eggs.

Was just about to start a thread asking if I should consider anything else before buying one of these magma sets, but found this thread already here (of course)—have any competitors entered the market in the last few years that warrant consideration, or is magma still the answer for a big -ish family wanting some heavy duty nesting cookware?

Getting a little tired of still using my 25 year old MSR backpacking set—it’s awesome, but we’ve outgrown it, and its lightness is now more liability than asset.

Was just about to start a thread asking if I should consider anything else before buying one of these magma sets, but found this thread already here (of course)—have any competitors entered the market in the last few years that warrant consideration, or is magma still the answer for a big -ish family wanting some heavy duty nesting cookware?

Getting a little tired of still using my 25 year old MSR backpacking set—it’s awesome, but we’ve outgrown it, and its lightness is now more liability than asset.

I've been using the nesting Magma set for a few years and am very happy with it. It arrived with a few chips in the enamel finish, but that hasn't been enough of a problem for me to even think about.

Only complaint is that the handles contain a lot of plastic in the end closest to the pot, and I've accidentally melted two of my handles. One is completely unusable, the other still holds the pots, but is cosmetically damaged. Replacement handles are very expensive.

Have you tried to call Magma support? My Universal Cover lid plastic ring was damaged (the plastic between the handle and the lid). They sent me the replacement ring for free.

I have a Magma non-stick set and for me the biggest attraction: Nesting. FWIW, they're HEAVY and take considerable BTUs to get up to temp which is not a problem with unlimited supply of fuel ;). But happy overall with the set, which is more than a few years old now and has seen a decent amount of cooking time.

I considered the Magma cookset 3 years ago but could not justify the price for some pots and pans. I purchased this set instead and they work fine. I've even used the frying pan on the campfire which I would probably not do with the Magma (because of its price). For less than a 3rd of the price I can live with a smaller stockpot, only one lid and handle. I've since added a separate lid for the frypan.

EDIT: If the amazon link below doesnt come up, search stansport stainless nesting cookware on amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B000HK50IU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom