MAF limited availability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's a VAF. MAF is '95+.
Very true and I just learned the difference but everyone including Mr. T seems to refer to the Vane as a Mass.

So in these VAFs what is the usual failure point? Does the pot inside go bad? Loose or broken solder joints? Sticky chamber doors??

:popcorn:

These little laughs were a great start to the day.

OP, I'll wish you the best here, and hope that you see these folks are trying to help. These trucks are kept alive by the community's knowledge and squirreled-away parts. Future You will be much happier in your ownership if you recognize this and jump on-board.

@The Bishop what I think most, if not all, of us are trying to say is lighten up and assume good intent when you read posts from others. After you've been around a few months/years you'll learn to trust that the regular contributors are consistently well intentioned.

@Onur contributes a great deal of valuable information on this forum and is both knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Land Cruisers of most/all types which is enough to make him an important part of the community. He also knows many folks here personally, is active in the broader community, etc. For those reason's and more he's earned the respect of the regulars here and it's no surprise that we have his back. That doesn't make us cheerleaders, friends is a more accurate label I'd say.

Communicating online has many limitations and challenges but trying to keep it light and giving each other the benefit of the doubt smooths over most of the inevitable misunderstandings that come with the territory. Maybe that fits your agenda and you can stick around. Seems like you have a lot to offer and you clearly share the passion about cruisers that we as a community do.

And, in case you haven't gotten it yet here's the welcome to mud salute :)

:flipoff2:

///Apparently the 80 Series MAF is no longer available.///

Still available in the absolute sense. Readily available...not so much.

NAPA will send yours in and have it rebuilt and returned to you. Today’s price was $120.00

(See the third comment. I’ve been trying for 3 days)

What year vehicle do you have, because I just happen to have one for a 93/94, it is not new but it is functional and for $120 I will send it to you USPS flat rate box :flipoff2:

What year vehicle do you have, because I just happen to have one for a 93/94, it is not new but it is functional and for $120 I will send it to you USPS flat rate box :flipoff2:
I neeeeeed this. I’ll buy it for more than $120

Wonder how many of you like being call liars?
I did not come in hot, I responded to his attack. I actually made a friendly post about how difficult it was to find the part available at the moment. Then he crapped on the post.

Now, I’m the bad guy in the eyes of his cheerleaders. That’s funny.
Liars, Yes we all are, nothing else to see here, move along!

I did not see an attack, I saw information, not sugar coated but raw data. What more do you need. ( a hug?)

Yes, you come on this site for less than a week and start calling people out. I love guys like you, can not wait to see you broken on the trail as I and the rest of the Cheerleaders cheer you on from the sidelines. That that would be too funny.

Get to know the people on this site before you call them out. You might just meet them in person one day, boy would that be a site.

Webwheelon!

Very true and I just learned the difference but everyone including Mr. T seems to refer to the Vane as a Mass.

The Toyota parts description for both seems to be "Meter Assy, Intake Air Flow". Not that it matters. I only pointed it out because people get confused about the change and these threads will come up in Google results for years.

in these VAFs what is the usual failure point? Does the pot inside go bad? Loose or broken solder joints? Sticky chamber doors??

The most common cause of failure seems to be people attempting to remove the connector, breaking wires inside. No idea what would cause failure for an unmolested one. If you told me that your original Land Cruiser MAF or VAF was bad, I would be ssssssuper skeptical. I'm not saying that they never go bad, it's just so rare that -- as we saw in this thread -- Toyota doesn't seem to bother stocking many in distribution centers.

Maybe we all need to take a deep breath, smoke some pot, sit around a fire, play some guitar, and watch the stars come out.
It's a holiday weekend guys. Let's relax.

Don’t forget the ukulele & rousing chorus of Kumbiah ;)

I’d add marshmallows for smores, but that whole mask / social distance crap :hillbilly:

Maybe we all need to take a deep breath, smoke some pot, sit around a fire, play some guitar, and watch the stars come out.
It's a holiday weekend guys. Let's relax.
Roger that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom