Made a mistake and test road new bikes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will say, the kona process 153 is a sweet bike. I've set so many personal PR's on mine! It really is a sweet riding bike. But, that's me. Another one in the similar camp is a knolly warden. This was my first choice, but the kona was a killer deal.

I found a really sweet deal on a 2016 Yeti SB6c with full XT at backcountry.com. Going to test ride the Pivots tomorrow. Hopefully finally decide on wheel size. There are still quite a few bikes on my list.

See if Sycamore will match the YETI # before giving your $$ to a robot online.

That's the downfall of biking today-there are seriously so many really good bikes on the market right now! When I first started really riding, there were only a handful of companies making full suspensions. It was kinda easy to pick one. Now you can be demo'ing bikes all year, and still not know which one you want to buy.

I know. Throw in 650b or 29 wheels, XC, enduro or trail. It begins to get muddled.

It's taking some time to sell the motorcycle so I should be closer to a decision by the time it's gone.

What I think is crazy is the fact that the sell of a BMW motorcycle won't generate enough funds to buy a new mountain bike...

I ride a ROS 9 hard tail, it's super fun and my old rigid 26" SS scares me now. Everyone I ride with keeps telling me to get a new full suspension, but I won't even ride one though 'cause I'll want one and I spend too much money on LandCruisers. I don't have enough left-over cash to buy a new Santa Cruz or Pivot or Evil or any of the bikes mentioned in this thread.

Good luck making you decision.

Looks like some really good deals to be had over there. Now I just need someone to buy my motorcycle.

I'm considering selling my FOLLOWING. Opening a bike shop and need to ride what we sell. I have an EVIL dealer account but haven't decided on carrying them yet.

Hit me up. It's pimped down to the ground. Best full sus bike I have ever owned. I'll miss it.

FOX 130mm 34 Factory
1X11 XX1 with new cassette
Race Face NEXT SL crankset with new ring
XTR brakes
Thomson Dropper with custom lever
I9 Hubs/Spokes to NOX Farlow carbon hoops
Almost new MAXXIS Ardents front and rear

Here are some pics if anyone is interested. I haven't determined a sale price but feel it would fall between $4 and 5k. I'd guess I have about $7.5 or more in it. It's pretty dirty in the pics but cleans up well. I've had the bike since October 15'. For an idea of how the bike has been treated, I'll be 50 years old before long....... (nothing too harsh!)

e.JPG
ee.JPG
eee.JPG
eeee.JPG

IMG_8026.jpg
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this Yeti SB6C
Spec:
Fork: Fox 36 fit 4 kashima
Rear shock: float x
Brakes: XTR trail
Shifter: XTR 11 speed
Cassette: XTR 11 speed
Derailleur: XTR 11 speed
Crankset: Raceface Next carbon with 32 tooth oval. will also include 30 t narrow wide original chainring if wanted.
Rotors: 180 mm icetech
Dropper post: rockshox reverb
Handlebar: Easton havoc carbon 800 mm
Stem: Easton have 50 mm
Wheelset: ENVE m70 HV laced to dt swiss 240 hubs.
Saddle: WTB yeti custom
Grips: Yeti
IMG_8026.jpg

What do you guys think?

I have been riding the Yeti Arc Carbon (custom build) for a few years now. Quality craftsmanship, great handling.

photo24.JPG

This photo was right after I built it up, I am running a different saddle and using crank brothers titanium pedals. This configuration is the way I roll, weighing in at 16.5.

YETI would be pretty impressed (and surprised) to know one of their full builds comes in at under 19#s. You sir have manage to knock it clear out of the ballpark at 16.5#. Cutting your steer tube down and slamming your stem would be more weight savings and also get you into better off road riding position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom