Made a mistake and test road new bikes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, the bike arrived about a week ago. Yeti SB6C 2016 model. I only have 2 short rides but man it is light years ahead of my 08 Hi Fi and more travel. I'm slightly worried about some frame issues but I did take care of registering with Yeti. I love the 1x set up and the dropper post is so nice. Can't wait to put some serious miles on this thing. Now to modify my bike rack so I don't have to remove my front wheel.

Right now the only one I have is a terrible one in my cramped work room. I'll get some proper ride photos this week since I'll have time to ride in daylight hours.

Here's one from a quick ride this morning before leaving town.
20161227_104959.jpg

Thanks. I was not sure if I would like the color either but wanting a 2016 this was the only color available.

Highly doubt it... Unless all the parts are brand new you are looking at a very old generation frame that probably has sub-par parts. While it is still a SC Nomad, it now rides like a tank comparatively and thus will be worth maybe half that.

I am now looking at newer bikes,,,,,,,,, A 2016 Santa cruz Tallboy,, 5010
What are you looking to do with the bike? The "TRAIL" category of bikes has really expanded and lines are really blurred these days. I would say to hold off and start demoing as much as you possibly can to help with the decision. All going to depends on how you ride, where you ride, what you ride (terrain type), etc.

If I were in the market for a new bike right now this would be my short list..
- GG Megatrail
- GG Traipistol
- Trek Remedy
- Scott Genius LT and Regular
- Transition Patrol
- YT Jeffsy
- YT Capra (maybe, no real need for ENDURO bike)
- Canyon Spectral (Since they are supposed to be in the US this year)
- Canyon Strive
- Canyon Neuron
- Norco Sight
- Norco Optic
- Norco Range (maybe, no real need for ENDURO bike)

I think your interpretation of "cheap" needs to be recalibrated to be inline with today's market... :crybaby::D:flipoff2:

Seriously though, both are great bikes. Bronson will be a bit more burly than the Tallboy, Tallboy will climb a lot better (or should I say easier) than the Bronson. Really comes down to which way you are pointed more... UP or DOWN.

Reviving this thread. So my frame cracked on the top tube. I don't think it would ever be a structural issue and completely my fault. Out of curiosity I called yeti to get their assessment. They said it would probably be a crash replacement and never clamp a carbon frame in a work stand. So I open a warranty claim with backcountry.com. Expensive lesson so I thought. Low and behold a week later I get an email that yeti is send me a new 2017 torq front and rear triangle because they did have the size or color left from 2016s.

Glad I filled out the warranty info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom