Machine shop recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bryce112

SILVER Star
Threads
Good Morning,
I live in Ocean Isle Beach (mainland) and we have a 1977 FJ40. Have posted on the 40 tech side under Bryce112 (we have Lil Red). Would anyone have a recommendation for a machine / head shop that can R&R the head that somewhere this side of North Carolina / South Carolina? Would prefer a shop that has some experience / knowledge of the 2F / F engines. I had spoken to a shop in Leland but would like to see if there are any other recommendations out there. Thank you in advance.
Regards, Adrian

I’m sure other will chime in. But a lot of us in the club, including myself, have use the machine shop in Fayetteville nc. I can’t speak for others but I have nothing bad to say about them.

Received, do you happen to know the name of it?

The only one I have spoken to is RPM Machine in Leland - not sure if any have used them.

I used Auto Machine Shop in Fayetteville. Ricky does good work however he promised me 7 to 10 days once he had all the parts and it took him 5 months. Others have had much faster service from Ricky while some have experience long delays like myself.

There's another machine shop down the road from Auto Machine Shop. @White Sheep used them to rebuild his 80. The turn around time was quicker than Ricky but they are a huge fan of using silicon in the place of gaskets for everything.

Yes. I used the place down the road for both my 1FZ, and LS motor. They are pretty good with the date they say it'll be ready.

As @lumbee1 said, they will use RTV gasket with your factory gasket.

358 E Russell St, Fayetteville, NC 28301
I always work with Danny

I highly recommend Hauser Machine in Garner, NC.

Billy Hauser worked at the old location (previously known as T-Hoff Machine) and then purchased the business several years ago when the owner retired. He moved to a new location in Garner about 3 years ago. He's VERY knowledgeable with the F/2F engines.

I worked with him to set up my 2F with some modifications to the head, to better suit my intended use. Definitely give him a call.....they do excellent work.

I highly recommend Hauser Machine in Garner, NC.

Billy Hauser worked at the old location (previously known as T-Hoff Machine) and then purchased the business several years ago when the owner retired. He moved to a new location in Garner about 3 years ago. He's VERY knowledgeable with the F/2F engines.

I worked with him to set up my 2F with some modifications to the head, to better suit my intended use. Definitely give him a call.....they do excellent work.

That's good info to know. T-Hoff used to be the gold standard around here. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Mike,
Thank you for the information regarding Hauser Machine and I will be n touch with them.
Adrian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom