LX450 Stereo wiring (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just replaced my Lexus stereo with a pioneer unit and new speakers along with a backup camera.

im still trying to figure out what to do with the cd changer. Has anyone tried replacing the changer with an inverter?

I just replaced my Lexus stereo with a pioneer unit and new speakers along with a backup camera.

im still trying to figure out what to do with the cd changer. Has anyone tried replacing the changer with an inverter?

I yanked out that whole unit, CD changer, subwoofer and put in a Tuffy lock box which I totally luv!

008.JPG

For sure. Search around here. Many have used that space for various other things like an inverter.

Funny you mention it, I'm currently doing exactly that. Will post pics and details up after. 😊

Hey guys, just got done making the new wiring to bypass the amp on my LX.
Could not have done it without the help of this thread.
Btw, it looks like the Metra harness do not come with a lead to plug the dim controller, but I think I'll be fine without it.
Thanks for the help everyone

010.jpg

009.jpg

Last edited:
If it is important to some, lot's of decks have an auto dim feature that is also customizable.

Yep, I did this with mine...just set it to a certain time when you want it to dim...ezy pzy lemon sqzy ;)

Just wanted to say that reading through this thread lead to a successful first-time install of the new head unit. So thanks all for the information! Also, as others said above me, the dim feature that comes with head units is a game-changer if you do lots of night driving!

Followed this process with a few changes since I was using an Alpine amp, so extended speaker wires from the amp harness rather than the stereo harness.
1601651022207.png

Finished product...hoping I did it all correctly.
1601651054103.png

Success!
1601651088304.png

Followed this process with a few changes since I was using an Alpine amp, so extended speaker wires from the amp harness rather than the stereo harness.
Interesting switches and dials

Interesting switches and dials
I assume you are referring to the Intercooler, Water Pump and Oil fan switches on the switchpro.

I built an air to water intercooler system and installed an external oil cooler on the frame rail to compliment the Turbo system.

1FF94B40-CA05-47F5-B6D6-D65A44534D6E.jpeg

B506ACD7-427F-4094-8F85-43E89AA2F30E.jpeg

43061F17-29E7-4DB7-AE3A-4D53C50FE474.jpeg

8CEE6489-ABCB-4785-BB7E-E468BB0F22BD.jpeg

This thread is gold - super helpful. Thank you.

Has anyone explored the center console "subwoofer" (I think it was a 4.75 inch speaker).

Per another thread, it was powered by a separate 55 watt amp.

About to build my amp bypass cable.. Many thanks to the MUD folks in this thread. Just de-pinned the RCA connectors from the 70-8112 adapters.
Audio Adapters.jpg

I ordered (2) 70-8112. It looks like the Metra 70-1761 and Scosche TA02B are the same part. Can anyone confirm? The reason I ask is that my local O'reilly had the 70-1761 on the shelf, so I won't have to wait on shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom