LX J201 Concept (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@cruiseroutfit super cool that you chimed in. Would love to see more non-press photos. Cheers!

I'll definitely share some more.

We'll have it back in the shop for a bit after Rachelle & Taylor complete the Rebelle Rally (they are in 2nd place and closing the gap! :cool:)

Everyone has a different take on how to grow an idea/pursuit/business, who's to say who is right or wrong?

I'd say when the old way was not financially viable and the new way is financially viable and growing... it's pretty easy to say who is right or wrong? :D

I appreciated their earlier work before the larger sponsorships played a roll in the production, that's a fair assessment.

Totally, as an opinion many have shared the same view, they liked the early XO works. I loved them too. But again it wasn't financially viable and Clay had a long-term plan in play.

Remember, opinions are like a$$holes....... so take mine with a grain of salt.

Fair enough. Either way I appreciate you watching!

@cruiseroutfit Curt, thanks for the reply. I’ll call the shop and get an Airtec ordered!
On the re-gear, do you think there is real benefit - say for a rig like mine (8sp trans) that is on 34s and pushing 8k gvw? Towing another 3k and drinking fuel as fast as the LRA pump can transfer it from the AUX to the main 😂 ? I might order those too if y’all have or can get stock?

What’s the real benefit of the UCAs and LCAs with the AHC? Thanks!!

Yes, the gears will absolutely help keep it in the proper power range. 3.90 or 4.30 are both options to consider and discuss. We stock all the gearing and axle parts for the 200/570

Day #5 of the J201 participation in the Rebelle Rally. They're running strong, currently #2 in the standings and still in the running.

Interesting day for them today. Had a flat. Low fuel. Not surprising that the vehicle is thirsty given the overall weight of the build, 4.3s (on an 8-speed!? w/ 33s).

Rachelle and Taylor are rocking it!!! :cool:

They're doing a great job out there! I just wish there was more race team and vehicle coverage.

I couldn't find much info on the race route or schedule but maybe that's by design. Is there a location and time where they might be finishing? In San Diego perhaps?

They're doing a great job out there! I just wish there was more race team and vehicle coverage.

I couldn't find much info on the race route or schedule but maybe that's by design. Is there a location and time where they might be finishing? In San Diego perhaps?

Rally racing (and desert racing fwiw) are not very spectator friendly and advertising any spectators zones would then lead the competitors to know what areas to study. In Dakar this last year, we didn't know where to go watch the race until the morning of. Saudi Arabia is a big country and we had to rely on the map they used for marketing material to get close enough to stay with the race. I suspect Rebelle Rally is similar, I know they don't allow much media due to liability and I suspect keeping the competitors truly isolated too. There is always some great recap coverage post-race and I look forward to hearing more after the race.

Good find!

Some things that stand out to me. That front bumper is heavy - listed at 160lbs. Could be that's the shipping weight. Hopefully it's under 100lbs?

We had the front bumper all the way off of the vehicle to install the winch. I don't think it's quite 160lbs but to be fair I didn't weigh or really think about it. I'd suspect it's closer to 160lbs on a pallet perhaps? I doubt we'll have the front bumper back off when we get the J201 back next week but if we by chance to have it off for post-race repairs or cleanup, I'll weigh it.

The Xelles officially took 2nd, VERY impressive! :cool:

20201006_221251.jpg

Screenshot_20201017-161915_Chrome.jpg

Do you guys plan on selling the UCAs with the LX tabs on them in the future?

Rachelle stopped by the shop today to show off her bling :cool:

7400C1CE-16F9-4CFA-8C46-03D155324742.jpeg

Not the greatest photo but a good comparison of the Airtec vs Safari and the two different CBI bumpers.

BAEB01E9-0BA8-44AA-8652-372A80CCC5B9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom