LX 570/ AHC Wheel and Tire Info and Pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished installing the RIMS and tires (Michelin ltx at2 285 65 r18 no rub but it's a tight fit, need to check in L and H mode
. From the 20 miles driving back home the road noise seems to be equal or less. Seems more boaty though. Need to figure out the air pressure for these E rated tires. Will post some pics tomorrow.
After adjusting the tire pressure to 37 the boat like ride has gone. Wanted some feedback if this amount of gap between the uca and tires is fine. At full lock it's about 3-5 mm.

PXL_20210620_130944908.jpg

Miss as good as a mile as long as you check at full lock/bump

You could build a condo tower there’s so much space there. Get an alignment and you’re good to go.

'17 LX on P285/70/r17 Toyo AT3 on 17" Method ET+25. Fits like a glove, rides like a dream, equal or better MsPG to OEM garbage.
Shown in H and N on a 100F Texas day, at about 38-39 PSI in the photo after some 80 MPH highway driving.

IMG_0239.jpeg
IMG_0238.jpeg
IMG_0246.jpeg

Looks very sharp!

Thanks, after debating de-chrome for so long, its starting to grow on me...

Also for the record that wheel is in Methods "matte black", which with ANY amount of dust on it is this really nice matching grey color.
I also thought on powder coating those glossy...LMK if anyone has any opinions/experience on this.

Eventually, i guess any aftermarket / afterwarranty parts will probably be mattle black in the end, so that would either be good to match or just too much contrast everywhere. I do like when a gloss black wheel disappears into the tire though too... not sure on how that holds up. Either way easy to fix and didn't pay evo corse money and can get an aggressive alternate set if i choose :).

Sorry for all the ellipses.

Looking for some input from the group. Been doing my share of reading here and about to pull the trigger on some Braid Winrace T wheels. Let's assume these will be on a '16+ LX570 with Sensor lift and 285/70r17 tires.

Based on what I'm seeing, the Braid wheels in 17x7.5 with +35mm offset would be the way to go and its has commonly been used in some 200 LC's. Given that Braid does offer a custom option, would you consider a different route? They do also offer 18x8 as a standard size which could be an option.

Looking for some input from the group. Been doing my share of reading here and about to pull the trigger on some Braid Winrace T wheels. Let's assume these will be on a '16+ LX570 with Sensor lift and 285/70r17 tires.

Based on what I'm seeing, the Braid wheels in 17x7.5 with +35mm offset would be the way to go and its has commonly been used in some 200 LC's. Given that Braid does offer a custom option, would you consider a different route? They do also offer 18x8 as a standard size which could be an option.
It will work fine. Your scrub radius will be out 15mm. 285/70r17 would fit best on a 50 mm offset. But then you limit your potential to go bigger later, so 35 mm works fine with that in mind. 35 mm is an ideal offset for 35” tires. If you do want to eventually go to 35” tires, some manufacturers/ installers may want a wider rim than 7.5” for a 12.5” wide tire.

That is the perfect offset for the 200 if you asked me. Thats only 20mm / .75" of scrub on each side from the factory 54-56 ET and will be practically imperceptible.

Is this the BBS wheels on LC heritage?

I’ll chime in.

Currently running 275/65/18 Open Country R/T’s. No rubbing at full lock.

AHC is in Low Mode in these pictures.

View attachment 2369426

View attachment 2369427
Hi everyone- I'm brand new to this forum. Just bought a LC for my wife, which she and I both love. I've been an Land Rover guy for over a decade- but this might make me switch for good. I'm looking at a 2016 LX, but it has the 21" wheels. I don't know much at all about tires/wheels, but I really like the BCC heritage wheels and more tire options. I live in CO and will do some light off-roading, but mostly want a good tire for snow and the occasional adventure. Any other suggestions for a good 18" or 20" wheel & tire set that I won't have to do any modifications to suspension or anything? Forerunner- did your wheels/tires need any modification or did they install easy?

Hi everyone- I'm brand new to this forum. Just bought a LC for my wife, which she and I both love. I've been an Land Rover guy for over a decade- but this might make me switch for good. I'm looking at a 2016 LX, but it has the 21" wheels. I don't know much at all about tires/wheels, but I really like the BCC heritage wheels and more tire options. I live in CO and will do some light off-roading, but mostly want a good tire for snow and the occasional adventure. Any other suggestions for a good 18" or 20" wheel & tire set that I won't have to do any modifications to suspension or anything? Forerunner- did your wheels/tires need any modification or did they install easy?
Well, you can run up to at least a 35.3" book measure with no suspension modifications on an LX570, if you choose your offset and tire width carefully. For more than 32", you may need to modify the inner front wheel liner (not cut it off, but shove it forward), and take off the front and rear wheel mudflaps (aftermarket cut to fit for rear have been readded since). These minor changes can be done quickly in your driveway without power tools. Plastic cutting. And probably run 0.75" to 1.25" spacers, depending on tire height and width. to fit a 12.5" wide you will almost certainly need a Body Mount Chop (BMC), but some have succeeded in that size without one.

You need to think about what kind of tire you want (P, AT, RT, MT), and what diameter and width you want, and what wheel you want (17, 18, 20). Specific fitting advice requires an answer to these questions. General advice for stock gearing is stick with 265 to 295 width, in 33" or so, on 18s. It's a really personal question . . . it depends on the look, the use, and the $ you want to throw at it.

There are many many tire threads, including a fitment sticky at the top of the main forum page, to look at. Once you have decided on general parameters for 'how big', then we can focus on what the impacts might be.

Right now there is a healthy thread for 295/70r18 to review, that might be a good place to start.

Well, you can run up to at least a 35.3" book measure with no suspension modifications on an LX570, if you choose your offset and tire width carefully. For more than 32", you may need to modify the inner front wheel liner (not cut it off, but shove it forward), and take off the front and rear wheel mudflaps (aftermarket cut to fit for rear have been readded since). These minor changes can be done quickly in your driveway without power tools. Plastic cutting. And probably run 0.75" to 1.25" spacers, depending on tire height and width. to fit a 12.5" wide you will almost certainly need a Body Mount Chop (BMC), but some have succeeded in that size without one.

You need to think about what kind of tire you want (P, AT, RT, MT), and what diameter and width you want, and what wheel you want (17, 18, 20). Specific fitting advice requires an answer to these questions. General advice for stock gearing is stick with 265 to 295 width, in 33" or so, on 18s. It's a really personal question . . . it depends on the look, the use, and the $ you want to throw at it.

There are many many tire threads, including a fitment sticky at the top of the main forum page, to look at. Once you have decided on general parameters for 'how big', then we can focus on what the impacts might be.

Right now there is a healthy thread for 295/70r18 to review, that might be a good place to start.
Awesome. Thanks Grinchy. Let's base it on this: Toyota BBS Heritage 18" wheels with AT tires- 285/60r18 : General Grabber, BFG K02, or Toyo Open Country AT3

Thoughts??

Awesome. Thanks Grinchy. Let's base it on this: Toyota BBS Heritage 18" wheels with AT tires- 285/60r18 : General Grabber, BFG K02, or Toyo Open Country AT3

Thoughts??
those will bolt on with no modifications to anything required.

Can't believe I hadn't chimed in yet. Here's mine. TRD Sport wheels (matte black) with 275/70/18 BFG KO2s. No problems. No complaints. First pic is obviously in low and other two in high.

LX2.jpg
LX3.jpg
LX4.jpg

:deadhorse:Please allow me to beat this horse to death...:deadhorse:

This has been something I've been lurking on here about for well over a year and every time I walk away thinking I've made up my mind, I come up with another hesitation.

I've got a stock 2016 LX. I've ordered some 18" BBS HE to to replace the stock rims. I haven't pulled the trigger on tires yet though. I'm looking to avoid mods and hope for a simple swap. My question is this: Coming from the stock 21" setup, what is the max size sans mods I can slap on there? I'm eyeing 285/65R18 or 275/65R18. Will there be a noticeable difference in driving in whichever new size with a P Metric tire vs LT? If I go LT, will I loose the cush ride we're used to or will it be offset by loosing oversized rims? As far as usage, it will be for a DD but we're moving to Chile in the next few months and plan to explore as much as possible. I know my driving skill level (I've got some history off-roading in CO and have extensive training from work) and am looking for the tire and size to prioritize capability and strength because I'll most likely be solo and my ability to habla is poor. So I'm willing to accept some mild drawbacks in ride for capability to compensate and increase available areas to explore. Also, if I go LT what tire pressures am I looking at running?

Second unrelated question, since I never post and this seems to have gotten most of the LX experts in here... I grabbed a ARB twin compressor and am going to have it installed soon. Money is definitely a factor, but I'm wondering if while they're installing it, if I should go ahead and get a rear locker or both installed. I'm really just unsure of how much I'd be looking at for labor roughly for either of those scenarios and if it just makes sense to have that work done all at once, or if doing it piecemeal it's a negligible difference in labor cost. Armor is a priority for me, but it looks like I'll have to join the waitlist and get the bumpers shipped to me.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

:deadhorse:Please allow me to beat this horse to death...:deadhorse:

This has been something I've been lurking on here about for well over a year and every time I walk away thinking I've made up my mind, I come up with another hesitation.

I've got a stock 2016 LX. I've ordered some 18" BBS HE to to replace the stock rims. I haven't pulled the trigger on tires yet though. I'm looking to avoid mods and hope for a simple swap. My question is this: Coming from the stock 21" setup, what is the max size sans mods I can slap on there? I'm eyeing 285/65R18 or 275/65R18. Will there be a noticeable difference in driving in whichever new size with a P Metric tire vs LT? If I go LT, will I loose the cush ride we're used to or will it be offset by loosing oversized rims? As far as usage, it will be for a DD but we're moving to Chile in the next few months and plan to explore as much as possible. I know my driving skill level (I've got some history off-roading in CO and have extensive training from work) and am looking for the tire and size to prioritize capability and strength because I'll most likely be solo and my ability to habla is poor. So I'm willing to accept some mild drawbacks in ride for capability to compensate and increase available areas to explore. Also, if I go LT what tire pressures am I looking at running?

Second unrelated question, since I never post and this seems to have gotten most of the LX experts in here... I grabbed a ARB twin compressor and am going to have it installed soon. Money is definitely a factor, but I'm wondering if while they're installing it, if I should go ahead and get a rear locker or both installed. I'm really just unsure of how much I'd be looking at for labor roughly for either of those scenarios and if it just makes sense to have that work done all at once, or if doing it piecemeal it's a negligible difference in labor cost. Armor is a priority for me, but it looks like I'll have to join the waitlist and get the bumpers shipped to me.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

Damn boy how many cans of worms do you want to open at once?!? LOL

Damn boy how many cans of worms do you want to open at once?!? LOL
Just trying to rip off the band-aid so I can make interim decisions.

I hope your username implies you have a maligator. I'm a huge fan of Belgians!

Just trying to rip off the band-aid so I can make interim decisions.

I hope your username implies you have a maligator. I'm a huge fan of Belgians!

Hah, good way to get it done for sure.
Mal is my nickname actually but gotta love to malamutes. If we end up living in Sweden, which we may, im getting 2 of those or a couple bernies.

I have a lot to share about your questions and have written about my journey with that stuff at length.
You can read through that but i can save you a couple hours.

Tires:
Get some C loads, 33-34" and never ever look back ever. I think 33.5" is the actual in real life limit. Tire specs will generally run higher than reality.

Wheels:
Depending on tires chosen, forget about oem unless you dont mind spacers. I personally dont see the point AT ALL. Those are fighting words here so ima stop there.
Alpha equipment, Method, ICON are solid choices in aftermarket and relatively affordable. Stick to something 30lbs or BELOW and you shouldn't feel the weight tax.
If you want to spend money Evo Corse wheels are nice too. I dont see the explicit need though unless you wanted the absolute best quality. And in that case its probably still OEM.

Tire Pressure:
Ignore everything on mud, get your final build weighed, consider the dynamic load of cargo and meet the minimum PSI for your load range and that weight. Go up as you please for better MPGs and when your handling starts developing a mind of its own or your teeth rattle out your mouth back it down some.

Wheel Size:
2016+ LX needs 18s at least in my opinion. It don't look right otherwise. 18s, 19s and 20s really suit the modern aesthetic better.

Wheel Offset:
+35 - +45 depending on final tire size, neither will rub and will clear fenders flexed. That is the sweet spot i dont care what anyone says.
I wouldn't even care if Mr. Toyoda HIMSELF told me otherwise. He'd be wrong.

As far as your other mods i dont know whats best. I personally was going to do an air comp but then realized i wanted a Harrop E locker instead. I am toying with inverter ideas for the trunk and would rather carry a portable pump and more batteries than an air pump and tank on board with hoses to deal with.

Let me know if you have any questions about my s***. Good job on thinking about the long term build instead of one item at a time. Everything impacts everything else.

275 60 r20 k02’s. I measured and it’s 15.75” to the center cap when aired up to 43 psi…which means even though the internet says they’re supposed to be 32.9” tall, they’re actually like 31.5”…which suits me well because I think that’s close to what the 60mm stock offset on these wheels calls for. Other then being very heavy, this seems like a good size for people that want a slightly aggressive though not very tall tire. I assume all that extra weight makes the tire very durable.

Compared to stock, I probably have to lift myself up an inch or so higher to scoot into the seat.

58320865-2E26-4C82-8697-AA5429A4E016.jpeg

FE0082CC-FD7A-4714-87E7-5FE6F147C02A.jpeg

F7B71C9B-30CD-434A-AEA1-85F3BA34CD90.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom