LX 570/ AHC Wheel and Tire Info and Pics (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea, was surprised to see threads visible.
You torqued to 130ft-lbs?

Here's what mine look like.

View attachment 2373838

Mine are Spidertrax knock off until my Bora 1" spacers arrive. Looks like the my nuts are a good bit taller than yours. They have a taller seat kinda like the OEM lugnuts. I went to 110ftlbs.

Ok so I've got my spacers on and the UCA rub etc is long gone. Now we've got some liner rub. I removed the front mud tabs or whatever they should be called, as they were rubbing too.

View attachment 2373765View attachment 2373766

I did move the bolt on my front AHC brackets a bit but cant tell if I yielded any lift. Can anyone who has done a front only "AHC Lift" chime in as to how far they slid the bolt in the bracket? I'm just attempting to level the stance.

Just a head's up - I had an AHC shock leak that started out like yours. I'd plan on replacing soon.

2A6DDBFB-92A4-45F3-8142-D20F8910293F.jpeg

Here’s a pic of my LX 570 with 285 5520 BFG ATKO2s Little over 20,000 miles on them rotated every 5000 miles no measurable wear. Still quiet love the ride

I have a 2011 275/60/R20. Picture is in H mode. No AHC adjustment (yet) and no wheel spacers (yet, on order). I have some rubbing on the front mud flaps, but very minor. I’m waiting until I get my Bora wheel spacers, add 10mm to suspension, adjust the AHC sensors, and get it aligned before I work on the rubbing.

3B16F6B0-F817-42BC-95AA-762B725CFFE6.jpeg

I have a 2011 275/60/R20. Picture is in H mode. No AHC adjustment (yet) and no wheel spacers (yet, on order). I have some rubbing on the front mud flaps, but very minor. I’m waiting until I get my Bora wheel spacers, add 10mm to suspension, adjust the AHC sensors, and get it aligned before I work on the rubbing.

View attachment 2384662
Seems like a lot of us are waiting on spacers from BORA...

The rubbing on the Front flaps will likely get worse with spacers. You can remedy what you’ve got now pretty easily and then skip the spacers all together. That’s what I’d do. Spacers only make sense to me if they are there to eliminate upper control arm/ suspension rubbing. Especially with stock wheels.

Seems like a lot of us are waiting on spacers from BORA...

The rubbing on the Front flaps will likely get worse with spacers. You can remedy what you’ve got now pretty easily and then skip the spacers all together. That’s what I’d do. Spacers only make sense to me if they are there to eliminate upper control arm/ suspension rubbing. Especially with stock wheels.

I agree the spacers will likely make the rubbing worse and that is why I am waiting for them before I get rid of the rubbing. The wheel spacers are one of a few, and maybe the only thing I do purely for aesthetics. I would of gone with aftermarket wheels and bigger tires, but I already have a 4Runner built for the more serious local off-roading including job sites. The LX is our travel/overlander and since we live in Florida, we have to drive a lot of highway miles to get to some decent mountains. All that to say why so I chose a slightly smaller and narrower tire, to help with the highway but like the aggressive looks the spacers add.

Last edited:
Sick! This exact setup can get you up to 305/70/18 😉

If you used discount tire, they have a good return policy 😂

Oh believe me it was definitely considered! The Nitto doesn’t come in that exact size, and I was little worried about pushing the width and fitting when flexed. They were from discount tire though, so still 28 days to make a change..... 😬

Oh believe me it was definitely considered! The Nitto doesn’t come in that exact size, and I was little worried about pushing the width and fitting when flexed. They were from discount tire though, so still 28 days to make a change..... 😬

How is the ride/noise/wet performance?? They look great!

Went with the Toyo Open Country A/T lll in 285/60/R20. Rubbing on passenger side UCA. 1.25" spacers go on later today. I've ordererd Bora 1" spacers as well so stay tuned for follow up with both.

Initial ride quality impressions are good.

.View attachment 2371767

What year is this wheel from?

Following up here as my 1" spacers arrived from BORA. Swapped out the 1.25" existing front spacers and voila! no more rubbing at running board. I may even be able to put the mudflaps back on. Went to swap the 1.25" spacers to 1" in the rear but the studs are too long and extend beyond the spacer. Left the 1.25" spacers on as I've read others have done the same. Now I've got an extra set of 1" Bora and 1.25" Knock off Spidertrax....

Also did a 1000 mile highway trip last week and have more data to share on the tires and tire size. I"m running the Toyo Open Country A/T lll in 285/60/R20. The tires are great. I have an off camber entrance to my yard that gets pretty flexy and slick when its wet. Thats the extent of off road usage so far and the tires have been great. A little more grippy than the KO2's on my 100.

The highway noise is hardly noticeable. The ride quality has decreased a bit on the highway and around town. The loss of power and fuel economy is very noticeable. I'm down 2-3mpg highway and obviously more around town.

The truck looks great but if I could start over I would go with a shorter and potentially less aggressive tire. The 570 is my daily with little to no off road use. I fell victim to wanting to look good but its really not worth the sacrifice.

Great feedback @bencallaway !

The 1" spacers, other than making things fit better, are going to also pay off with suspension geometry. .25" may seem minor, but the 1" spacers puts scrub radius closer to optimum and worth the effort for that alone IMO.

Thanks for the input on the AT3s and helping me make my decision there. I have high hopes for this tire. Got something from the Fedex man yesterday.
1599239902523.png

Following up here as my 1" spacers arrived from BORA. Swapped out the 1.25" existing front spacers and voila! no more rubbing at running board. I may even be able to put the mudflaps back on. Went to swap the 1.25" spacers to 1" in the rear but the studs are too long and extend beyond the spacer. Left the 1.25" spacers on as I've read others have done the same. Now I've got an extra set of 1" Bora and 1.25" Knock off Spidertrax....

Also did a 1000 mile highway trip last week and have more data to share on the tires and tire size. I"m running the Toyo Open Country A/T lll in 285/60/R20. The tires are great. I have an off camber entrance to my yard that gets pretty flexy and slick when its wet. Thats the extent of off road usage so far and the tires have been great. A little more grippy than the KO2's on my 100.

The highway noise is hardly noticeable. The ride quality has decreased a bit on the highway and around town. The loss of power and fuel economy is very noticeable. I'm down 2-3mpg highway and obviously more around town.

The truck looks great but if I could start over I would go with a shorter and potentially less aggressive tire. The 570 is my daily with little to no off road use. I fell victim to wanting to look good but its really not worth the sacrifice.
I have the same set up except 1.25 spacers all around. Very happy with the tires. I wasn’t to keen on my K02 that was on there previously. What your plans on the 1” spacers? May I could get them off your hands??

Bro! All that talk about 35s and you ended up with 34s?? 😢

35x12.5s are en route. This little guy will be my spare. ;)

Yes. While ideally I'd prefer a matching spare as I have now with 33s. Couple reasons I need to go this direction.

1) 35s are a bit too large in diameter to fit in the caboose. Interference with the suspension panhard bar would not be a great thing. Largest that I've heard is 34", or 34.1" in my case for the 275/65R20. I may still need to keep it somewhat deflated and ratchet strapped...we'll see.

2) I have the LRA 12.5 aux tank. That pushes spare tire mount down about 1". That combined with a super wide spare is not ideal for rear end clearance off-road as it'll hang too low. Hence the narrow 275 saving 1.5" width.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom