LX 570/ AHC Wheel and Tire Info and Pics (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes. While ideally I'd prefer a matching spare as I have now with 33s. Couple reasons I need to go this direction.

1) 35s are a bit too large in diameter to fit in the caboose. Interference with the suspension panhard bar would not be a great thing. Largest that I've heard is 34", or 34.1" in my case for the 275/65R20. I may still need to keep it somewhat deflated and ratchet strapped...we'll see.

2) I have the LRA 12.5 aux tank. That pushes spare tire mount down about 1". That combined with a super wide spare is not ideal for rear end clearance off-road as it'll hang too low. Hence the narrow 275 saving 1.5" width.

But what happens when you have a flat? Will your traction control or whatever electronic brain in the car tolerate the difference in size across an axle esp when you take a turn around corner?

But what happens when you have a flat? Will your traction control or whatever electronic brain in the car tolerate the difference in size across an axle esp when you take a turn around corner?

The rolling diameter is so close, it's practically a non-issue. 602 revs/mile vs. 609 revs/mile, or 1.2% difference. Inflation pressure can make-up for that difference if necessary.

Currently Running KO2 -LT 275/60/20 no rub (with proper alignment)

Day of Tires 2.jpg

Photo Aug 30, 3 15 12 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 21, 8 37 22 AM (1).jpg

35x12.5s are en route. This little guy will be my spare. ;)

has anyone strapped on 12.5 width yet? My 305s (12") ever so slightly kiss my sway bar ar full lock(I've never felt it, just happen to see it one day).

60mm offset trd's with 1.25" spidertrax

46A1CBFD-55CC-4AA8-980C-083F42240CA3.jpeg

644A3A18-8862-470A-948E-921FE3A36899.jpeg

Maybe I'll just cut the sway bar off 😂

I’d be checking your UCA at full lock in low. Rubbing there?

has anyone strapped on 12.5 width yet? My 305s (12") ever so slightly kiss my sway bar ar full lock(I've never felt it, just happen to see it one day).

60mm offset trd's with 1.25" spidertrax

View attachment 2426272

View attachment 2426273
Maybe I'll just cut the sway bar off 😂
At least one with bmc had 12.5 35s. They weren’t on the forum for long though.

that sway bar is just dead weight, for sure.

Yea the sway bar doesn’t stand a chance. I bet there’s an Aussie aftermarket replacement out there.

Following up here as my 1" spacers arrived from BORA. Swapped out the 1.25" existing front spacers and voila! no more rubbing at running board. I may even be able to put the mudflaps back on. Went to swap the 1.25" spacers to 1" in the rear but the studs are too long and extend beyond the spacer. Left the 1.25" spacers on as I've read others have done the same. Now I've got an extra set of 1" Bora and 1.25" Knock off Spidertrax....

Also did a 1000 mile highway trip last week and have more data to share on the tires and tire size. I"m running the Toyo Open Country A/T lll in 285/60/R20. The tires are great. I have an off camber entrance to my yard that gets pretty flexy and slick when its wet. Thats the extent of off road usage so far and the tires have been great. A little more grippy than the KO2's on my 100.

The highway noise is hardly noticeable. The ride quality has decreased a bit on the highway and around town. The loss of power and fuel economy is very noticeable. I'm down 2-3mpg highway and obviously more around town.

The truck looks great but if I could start over I would go with a shorter and potentially less aggressive tire. The 570 is my daily with little to no off road use. I fell victim to wanting to look good but its really not worth the sacrifice.
I'm interested in purchasing you extra spacers, if you're interested in selling.

Looks Awesome! Does it require any spacer of AHC lift? Any snow driving impression?
275/65r18 at 60mm offset (stock 18" rims) requires no spacer or AHC lift. Additional bonus, the speedometer will be 100% accurate. Stock it reads a bit fast.

275/65r18 at 60mm offset (stock 18" rims) requires no spacer or AHC lift. Additional bonus, the speedometer will be 100% accurate. Stock it reads a bit fast.
That's fantastic! Now I need to go find myself a set of these LC HE wheels first. Did you buy them from your Toyota dealership directly? I searched online and found a few places carrying them. However, they seems to suggest I need to provide the LC VIN in order to purchase these wheels.

Looks Awesome! Does it require any spacer of AHC lift? Any snow driving impression?

No spacer required. No AHC sensor lift. Haven’t driven in the snow yet- they do just fine on rocks and in mud.

The HE rims get delivered tomorrow. Ordered the Michelin ltx at2 285/65/r18 E rated tires. About 10 pounds extra weight compared to stock. Will get those fitted next week at discount tire and then get the alignment done.. fingers crossed ...hope there is no rubbing.

My thought is the thinner the better as to not affect offset too much. The concern is that the studs are too long for the 1" spacers without trimming them. In other words they run in to the back of the wheel. I won't know if the releif in the back of the wheel will make it a non issue until I try. The 1.25" spacers are going on later today or tomorrrow AM as I just attempted to run an errand in the truck and the UCA rub is too severe to safely drive it in my opinion.

If anyone can comment on running a 1" spacer with the wheel in my previous post, please do!

the relief in the back of the wheel accommodates the studs just fine. Did not realize this until I had trimmed down the studs on two of my spacers on the previous LX

the relief in the back of the wheel accommodates the studs just fine. Did not realize this until I had trimmed down the studs on two of my spacers on the previous LX
Not with my wheels!

Day 5 of ownership and the comfy cruiser got new tires. Size: 275/60/20 Price out the Door: $900.62

I have had several sets of BFG's on my last few trucks and they are simply awesome in performance and wear. But, comfy cruiser needs to be quiet and the BFG's get a little noisy for family excursions.

The Cooper Discoverer ATP II is a new tire being carried by Discount Tire/America's tire. The tread pattern is noticeably more tame than other all-terrain tires and there is zero tire whine while driving. The sidewall tread design is beefed up and appeals to my mall crawler sensibilities.

Details below are copied from the discount tire website.
Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person - https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/cooper-discoverer-atp-ii/p/88138

Cooper Discoverer ATP II Features

Improving on its already impressive original iteration, the Cooper Discoverer ATP II lays down aggressive off-road traction for drivers who demand more from their tires.
Utilizing alternating shoulder scallops, the ATP II delivers fierce traction in soft, harsh terrains like mud and sand. But the ATP II isn't just good off-road. It's also designed to handle wet and winter weather when you're on pavement via its Wet Grip Grooves and Snow Claw technology.
Other performance features of the Discoverer ATP II include:
  • Stone Ejector Ledges reduce stone retention and provide additional durability.
  • Aggressive off-road traction provided by wide off-road shoulder tread blocks, which feature alternating scallops for grip in mud and sand.
  • A solid center rib provides exceptional straight-line stability and predictable, responsive handling at cruising speed.
  • Rugged shoulder lugs provide enhanced traction in aired-down driving conditions while resisting damage.
  • A smooth, comfortable ride provided by its quiet tread pattern design, which features proprietary tread block sizing and spacing.

Cooper Discoverer ATP II Treadwear and Warranty

Featuring a carefully optimized contact patch, interlocking sipes and a durable tread compound, this aggressive all-terrain tire also provides stability you can count on. Thanks to its stable tread area, the Cooper ATP II provides off-road and highway performance that lasts season after season.
Because of this long-lasting tread life, Cooper backs both LT and P-metric sizes of the Discoverer ATP II with a lengthy 60,000-mile manufacturer's warranty. But if you're looking for protection as robust as your new ATP II tires, Discount Tire's exclusive Certificates will cover them down to 3/32” of wear.
Your new Cooper ATP II tires will be covered from boulevard to beach, turnpike to trail. And in the unlikely event they fail, we'll provide you with a brand new replacement.
(You can add our Certificate coverage in the cart of your order.)
Outfit your work truck, off-roader or overlanding rig with the Cooper Discoverer ATP II and you'll be prepared for the worst. And with a tire that handles this well and rides this smooth, you'll still enjoy the ride along the way.
TIRE SPECSTIRE SIZES

UNIFORM TIRE QUALITY GRADE (UTQG)​

Treadwear600
TractionA
TemperatureB
SECTION WIDTH275
ASPECT RATIO60
RIM DIAMETER20"
OVERALL DIAMETER33.07"
RIM WIDTH RANGE7.5" - 10.0"
WEIGHT45 LBS
TREAD DEPTH12"
LOAD INDEX115
LOAD RANGESL
MAX PSI44 PSI
SPEED RATINGUP TO 118 MPH
SIDEWALL DESC.RAISED WHITE LETTERING
WARRANTY60000
VPN90000059887
GTIN029142971337

Tread Pattern:

tire3.jpg

Sidewall Shot:
Tire sidewall.jpg

AHC in Neutral position.

tire 2.jpg

AHC in Low Rider Position:
Tire Low.jpg

AHC in High Mode:

Tire High.jpg

The HE rims get delivered tomorrow. Ordered the Michelin ltx at2 285/65/r18 E rated tires. About 10 pounds extra weight compared to stock. Will get those fitted next week at discount tire and then get the alignment done.. fingers crossed ...hope there is no rubbing.
Finished installing the RIMS and tires (Michelin ltx at2 285 65 r18 no rub but it's a tight fit, need to check in L and H mode
. From the 20 miles driving back home the road noise seems to be equal or less. Seems more boaty though. Need to figure out the air pressure for these E rated tires. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom