LX 450 DASH CRACKD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What can be done? I'll probably have to replace the whole thing..Google says they run around $700. is that the word on the street? what can be done to clean up this atrocity?

Screenshot_20231216_193357_Messenger.jpg

55401-60150-E0
Not sure on availability but if it is you have the right colour. Its not a complicated process to swap in a new one. I did mine 2 years ago and comparison between old and new is remarkable.

Would love to get a new gray dash, depending on color extremely hard to find. There is a company in SoCal, I believe JustDashes, that does restorations at a pretty penny. If you can't find the oem part, would need to find a good used unit or get it refurbished.

Check parting out section. Not a hard replacement just takes time.

Get a dash mat to cover it for now, then use the dash mat if/after you replace the "crash" pad.

FWIW some years ago I checked the temperature of the crash pad while the vehicle was sitting in the sun, outside temp around 85'F. The pad temp measured 156'F, so between the infrared heat and the UV rays that vinyl (if left uncovered) is guaranteed to crack at some point depending on the amount of sun exposure.

Get a dash mat to cover it for now, then use the dash mat if/after you replace the "crash" pad.

FWIW some years ago I checked the temperature of the crash pad while the vehicle was sitting in the sun, outside temp around 85'F. The pad temp measured 156'F, so between the infrared heat and the UV rays that vinyl (if left uncovered) is guaranteed to crack at some point depending on the amount of sun exposure.

yea, I have dashmats on all my vehicles. The Vegas sun is unforgiving as hell

The oak is available I just searched about month ago I think I found between 550 and 800 bucks. Or used

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom