Ls1 Regrets... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I would like to hear from people who have converted to the LS or vortec engine. Did you regret using the H55f over the 4l60e?? have you had problems with the h55f behind the v8?

I just bought a donor car and with and ls1 and the 4l60e, i was planning on using the whole GM drive line with an transfer adapter, but the though of loosing the stick shift is making me re think..

So basically, should i keep the toyota box? did you regret keeping it? have you had issues?

Thanks guys!

Newcastle Australia. FJ62 3f

Quick question... you reference LS/Vortec and LS1.... so just for clarification you have a 5.7L Vortec correct?
Use the search function and you will see that there are TONS of references to builds out there. Basically, no matter which way you go I think everyone has been happy with their conversion to the V8.

But the H55F does not compare directly to the 4L60 as you are comparing a manual to an automatic. The manual will have better low range in 1st gear than the auto will but the auto may have better driveability. You are kinda talking apples to pineapples.

Quick question... you reference LS/Vortec and LS1.... so just for clarification you have a 5.7L Vortec correct?
Use the search function and you will see that there are TONS of references to builds out there. Basically, no matter which way you go I think everyone has been happy with their conversion to the V8.

But the H55F does not compare directly to the 4L60 as you are comparing a manual to an automatic. The manual will have better low range in 1st gear than the auto will but the auto may have better driveability. You are kinda talking apples to pineapples.

Thank you,
yes 5.7l ls1. It wasn't my intention to restart the argument of which one is better. more wanted to know if the h55f is up for the challenge and are they problematic. do they shift at high RPMs ok?

No worries dude... From everything that has been talked about (and on this side of the world) the H55f is highly sought after as one of the best transmissions. However, between it and the Chevy/Dodge equivalent, the NV4500, it has been found that the NV4500 has a bit better gearing ratio as 1st gear is a bit deeper and 5th gear is a bit longer giving you a bit wider of a gammet of gearing. Both will function beautifully behind any v8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom