Lou's [it only needs a clutch] 1976 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lol

That looks just like a FJ40, but it sure as hell don't sound like one!

I heard "Little Bucket's" transmission rock grind up nicely

Ha. Pulverize that s*** good.

Watching her and running over to her and trying to stop it was like slow motion.

it's awesome to have it at this stage....

drive well, to me....

brakes a bit soft to me right now, but it stops when you floor 'em.....

sounds ok, going to exhaust shop for muffler soon...I have a make-shift calm on 36" straight pipe with a fleet tube on it right now....

thanks for everyone for the help and guidance.....could NOT have done it without everyone....

it's awesome to have it at this stage....

drive well, to me....

brakes a bit soft to me right now, but it stops when you floor 'em.....

sounds ok, going to exhaust shop for muffler soon...I have a make-shift calm on 36" straight pipe with a fleet tube on it right now....

thanks for everyone for the help and guidance.....could NOT have done it without everyone....

"Chief vacuumer of water out of gas tank and wrench passer outer" says no problem.

Damn fine work!

Only if it's an "old drop top"

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Fans working. Thermostat is new. But as soon as it reaches roughly 190°, the cap (16#) starts relieving pressure.

Fans come on at 195° iirc.

I put in a stand alone water temp gauge because I couldn't get the one from the Chevy block to read on the lead from the cruiser dash wire.

I can't get the short video to load.

Is the cap new as well? What temp is the thermostat?

temp is fine, I put in a good gauge....I finally gave up and drove it to the gas station.....figured it was air, but wasn't sure....

@wngrog said to just drive it....lol....so I did....

guess it needed to settle....it did great and I added a tankful of non ethanol 93 octane to it......

Congrats on the sweet ride and a job well done. Enjoy!

This place makes me feel like a slacker..... oh wait. But thanks for making my list longer...... and learning me about the peanut butter trick.

How much gas did it hold?

it took ~14.5 gallons....we'd already put ~5gal in it and i added another ~5gal after i refilled the jerry can...

i'm thinking it's a 25 gallon tank....

it reads empty with the previously mentioned ~10 gallons, so i can use that as a marker to what i have left...

i am thinking now that i may add some power steering......should i decide to keep it.....i kinda like the ol Goblin.....

been looking into saginaw stuff....it looks like 4x4 labs has a good bracket mount....just need to source the other stuff.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom