Lots of Searching but no visor shelf (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hmmm - What is the chance that @Delta VS revives this product...? Crossing fingers.

Sent email, sent PM, no responses anywhere. We are NOT in the business of taking others ideas. I am waiting for confirmation @Akella either is or is not continuing before putting any effort into it.

hmmm - What is the chance that @Delta VS revives this product...? Crossing fingers.

CENTER PORTION - YES! (SWITCHES, CB, ETC). DOES NOT BLOCK REARVIEW
WINGS - REDUCE VISIBILITY AND ARE A NUISANCE. THINK OEM VISORS IN A 40. REMOVING MINE @ 6' TALL

CENTER PORTION - YES! (SWITCHES, CB, ETC). DOES NOT BLOCK REARVIEW
WINGS - REDUCE VISIBILITY AND ARE A NUISANCE. THINK OEM VISORS IN A 40. REMOVING MINE @ 6' TALL

That's the idea for sure. Plus less likely to kiss it.

Sent email, sent PM, no responses anywhere. We are NOT in the business of taking others ideas. I am waiting for confirmation @Akella either is or is not continuing before putting any effort into it.

Mighty generous of you, but... I'm not sure anyone else would be as diligent if the tables were turned. It is just business after all.

I'm not sure anyone else would be as diligent if the tables were turned.

Far as I'm concerned, that is their problem. This is a small community here and we strive to be a positive part of it.

Far as I'm concerned, that is their problem. This is a small community here and we strive to be a positive part of it.
Akella is not the first to offer aftermarket overhead consoles so I'm not sure I'd get too worried.

Might not even apply to a LC, but I put a console shelf out of a old Discovery in my FJC...might be worth a shot if you have a junk yard nearby:

@Delta VS my apologies for not replying, my notifications on MUD had been acting up.
I am not planning to sell overhead shelves/consoles in the near future so if you are willing to run a project of putting them into production by all means. Good luck with the venture!

@Delta VS my apologies for not replying, my notifications on MUD had been acting up.
I am not planning to sell overhead shelves/consoles in the near future so if you are willing to run a project of putting them into production by all means. Good luck with the venture!

Sound good, thanks for the update. So what is it folks are looking for in this?

OUR preference is something that doesn’t go all the way across, due to potential forehead-metal contact.

Sound good, thanks for the update. So what is it folks are looking for in this?

OUR preference is something that doesn’t go all the way across, due to potential forehead-metal contact.
Something that allows for the installation of a removal of the sunroof control and sandwich in between the sunroof control and roof either a spot for a cb radio/ham, or multiple power ports, 3 or 4 2" gauges, or a 4" x 7" or so screen for navigation or front camera or backup camera viewing. For shelves just something simple, although it would be nice if it would allow for some newer and readily available sun shades to go on the bottom of them.

Similar to what White Stripe stated. Center portion with the ability to house a HAM/GMSR/or CB radio unit; have provisions for installing power sources. I am partial to the full length, but the shelves could be a modular option... Shelves or no shelves is not a deal breaker.

I purchased the original and then sold it. Wished I kept the center section for radio install. It was very well designed.

Only one problem for me - I have the moulded head liner which is only available in the later 80's (not sure years). The mouded portion that the visors nest into hung down just enough that my ham fisted hands had trouble accessing the contents of the shelf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom