Lots of Searching but no visor shelf (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gofast

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all,

Foillowing up on Akella's suggestion;

Official colour poll here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/708124-shelf-console-official-poll-what-colour.html

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone here has found or has made a storage shelf that goes across where the sun visors are. You see them for the 70 series trucks but not ours. There's center roof consoles but no shelves

If you have found some please post or if you modified something to make it work post it up

Last edited:
I recall seeing one on an Australian 80, but I have no idea where. Big issues would be what to do with the sun visors and rear-view mirror.

They bolt to the visor location and then the visors bolt to the bottom of the shelf. There's a cutout for the mirror.

We'd have trouble with the sunroof controls but they can be moved down onto the bottom of the shelf too,

Find one from a disco and then cut grind to fit?

I am working on bringing this guy in next couple of month.

What you guys think?

12.jpg

IMGP6474-001.jpg

Glovebox overhead

What would be the price.
ty
joon

I am still in process of figuring out the price but can be anywhere 150-300 shipped.

That is exactly what I am looking for! Even a place to mount a ham or cb

I'll be first in line

That is great! I am in. How does it mount to the ceiling? I only see one screw in each corner and I assume it's using the center map light mounting holes, is that all?

Last edited:
That is cool Akella.

That's pretty wicked, don't know how much I would like it being so tall and needing all the room I can get but it's something I'd consider.

NICE!:beer:

I'm tall also, so will need to check my sightlines. Might be one in my future.

Hell yeah! I've been eyeing those that run in the center but because of our sunroofs...... Subscribed. Just what our 80's need. More storage!

Subbed.

I wonder if there is a brown/tan option...

I'm in for one as well. Maybe it would afford us some cheaper options (readily available, i.e. Taco) sun visors to replace our sagging ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom