Lots O' Mods! + Disaster Struck :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been a minute since I've posted, but I've done alot of work recently to my Prado, heres the rundown-

AUDIO-
New front speakers 4"
New rear speakers 6.5"
Used sub box + amp

Did the whole shabang in a few hours, front speakers were pretty easy but the drivers had me pull the vent piece itself, but all in all a 30 minute job. Rears were super easy as well, only gripe is I couldn't reuse the covers that were originally on the speakers, we'll see what can be done about that when I have time. Sub+Amp took the longest due to routing power cable, remote in, along with the RCA, I hid all the wires with the original wiring loom that runs down the passenger side doors and back panel. All in all it sounds alot better, highly recommend if you love music!

sub box.jpg

front speakres.jpg

rear speaker upgrade.jpg

Engine!!!

Added EGR block off plates
Added egt/boost gauge combo
Added Unichip tuner
Cleaned intake manifold and runners

First off, if you haven't done this already go do it! The EGR system on these trucks are 🐩:poop:. I had around 5mm of "sludge" all over my intake manifold. Parts cleaner does wonders on removing this sludge! While I had the manifold off I added EGR blanking plates and removed the whole EGR system and added a pyrometer on the balking plates. I got the blanking plates from VanLife Northwest. They come with an 1/8" npt hole already but include a bung if you don't want it. The gauge I have is okay, but I'd rather not drill a hole into my manifold and just use a tee if I can. Can anyone recommend Westach on gauges? they look wonderful!

Secondly, the tuner is a great addition if you want more power, I have a manual boost controller coming next, and I've been careful with my EGT readings, I hit around 1150F uphill stepping on it.
intake manifold before.jpg
1kz intake.jpg

And finally, disaster strikes. My vehicle was broken into while I was on vacation back to the US. The drivers door lock + window, ignition lock, fuel filter, were tampered with, they managed to get in with what appears to be a flathead screwdriver. I know this because my new key is now a flathead! My window no longer works without complete assistance, and someone seems to have put a white substance in my fuel system causing it to get trapped in my filter and hopefully not my injectors! Almost all of my items in my car were thrown around, broken, or just downright taken. Things happen, and I'll take this as a lesson to be careful where I park my vehicle...

Been a minute since I've posted, but I've done alot of work recently to my Prado, heres the rundown-

AUDIO-
New front speakers 4"
New rear speakers 6.5"
Used sub box + amp

Did the whole shabang in a few hours, front speakers were pretty easy but the drivers had me pull the vent piece itself, but all in all a 30 minute job. Rears were super easy as well, only gripe is I couldn't reuse the covers that were originally on the speakers, we'll see what can be done about that when I have time. Sub+Amp took the longest due to routing power cable, remote in, along with the RCA, I hid all the wires with the original wiring loom that runs down the passenger side doors and back panel. All in all it sounds alot better, highly recommend if you love music!

View attachment 3541517

View attachment 3541522

View attachment 3541523

Engine!!!

Added Unichip tuner

First off, if you haven't done this already go do it! The EGR system on these trucks are 🐩:poop:. I had around 5mm of "sludge" all over my intake manifold. Parts cleaner does wonders on removing this sludge! While I had the manifold off I added EGR blanking plates and removed the whole EGR system and added a pyrometer on the balking plates. I got the blanking plates from VanLife Northwest. They come with an 1/8" npt hole already but include a bung if you don't want it. The gauge I have is okay, but I'd rather not drill a hole into my manifold and just use a tee if I can. Can anyone recommend Westach on gauges? they look wonderful!

Secondly, the tuner is a great addition if you want more power, I have a manual boost controller coming next, and I've been careful with my EGT readings, I hit around 1150F uphill stepping on it.
View attachment 3541524View attachment 3541525

And finally, disaster strikes. My vehicle was broken into while I was on vacation back to the US. The drivers door lock + window, ignition lock, fuel filter, were tampered with, they managed to get in with what appears to be a flathead screwdriver. I know this because my new key is now a flathead! My window no longer works without complete assistance, and someone seems to have put a white substance in my fuel system causing it to get trapped in my filter and hopefully not my injectors! Almost all of my items in my car were thrown around, broken, or just downright taken. Things happen, and I'll take this as a lesson to be careful where I park my vehicle...
Some other smaller things as follows!

Front brush guard is a must have, Repainted it and clear-coated it, might have it powdercoated eventually. And some more misc. pictures from the above post. The first gauge is the one I currently have, and the second one is the Westach I've been thinking about. Anyone have ideas on gauge mounting?

front brush guard.jpg
1kz egt gauge and egr blockoff.jpg
gauge.jpg
new egt gauge maybe.jpg

you have the exact speakers you used for your small side speakers? I need to replace mine.

I put the 4” speakers in my dash (mine didn’t have any) and used Polk DB 402+
They help fill sound a little bit but they were mainly for when I took my doors off as I currently have 6.5” in the doors.

Polk Audio DB 402 - https://www.crutchfield.com/S-7EdN6MoOF7K/p_107DB402/Polk-Audio-DB-402.html?XVINQ=GZ0&XVVer=ZAK&awcr=628145197358&awdv=m&awnw=g&awug=9028912&awkw=pla-1830134619780&awmt=&awat=pla&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAqsitBhDlARIsAGMR1Rigwg8ayW2gmFmr1am3rSlGQLR7nu809rTSMj0pAY2ofJQAN_HLM_IaAlyTEALw_wcB

I don't have any speakers in my doors, so hopefully these don't suck!

I don't have any speakers in my doors, so hopefully these don't suck!

Oh as stated by @janyyc they will be better but a 4” speaker in a metal dash hole pointed at your knee just won’t sound great. If you’ve got a sub you can make them sound better by far, even just a cheapie $100 all in one sub setup.

AUDIO-
New front speakers 4"
New rear speakers 6.5"
Used sub box + amp

View attachment 3541517

View attachment 3541522

View attachment 3541523

Engine!!!

Added Unichip tuner

View attachment 3541524View attachment 3541525

sorry about the break-in hope getting the truck back to its prior state isn’t too much of a PITA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom